• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rito Villiage covered in snow in TOTK is my fav. gaming moment of this year

Hero_Select

I went into BOTW having only seen the trailers, and when I got to Rito village for the first time you get such a pleasant introduction with a redone Dragon Roost Island theme from the Wind Waker.

The Original:

In Breath of the Wild:

I love how the start of the melody introduces you to the area.. and depending on the time of day the music also changes:

It's so wonderful and nostalgic for me and the first time I arrived in Rito village I just... stopped. And I just wanted to listen to the track forever.

In Tears of the Kingdom when you make your way there.. you'll start to realize that the area is under a heavy blizzard.. and the entire village is covered in so much snow and the music is changed even further still:

It's like the snow itself is hiding more of the melody underneath it. And you make your way all the way up to the top of the village and you come across this incredible view that is just.. awe inspiring. The ambiance, the winds, the sound of your footsteps as your trudge through the snow.. I fucking love it.

Just wanted to share a special moment I really loved in gaming.. and it's small little things like this that push a game from being "good" to "amazing" for me. TOTK might not be perfect, but it's my fav. game that I played this year.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I went into BOTW having only seen the trailers, and when I got to Rito village for the first time you get such a pleasant introduction with a redone Dragon Roost Island theme from the Wind Waker.

The Original:

In Breath of the Wild:

I love how the start of the melody introduces you to the area.. and depending on the time of day the music also changes:

It's so wonderful and nostalgic for me and the first time I arrived in Rito village I just... stopped. And I just wanted to listen to the track forever.

In Tears of the Kingdom when you make your way there.. you'll start to realize that the area is under a heavy blizzard.. and the entire village is covered in so much snow and the music is changed even further still:

It's like the snow itself is hiding more of the melody underneath it. And you make your way all the way up to the top of the village and you come across this incredible view that is just.. awe inspiring. The ambiance, the winds, the sound of your footsteps as your trudge through the snow.. I fucking love it.

Just wanted to share a special moment I really loved in gaming.. and it's small little things like this that push a game from being "good" to "amazing" for me. TOTK might not be perfect, but it's my fav. game that I played this year.

I like them both, but the TotK sounds almost nothing alike to me :/.

Edit: ok got what you are saying, makes me miss WW more hehe.

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member
Climbing up to the wind temple was pretty cool as well. Although people with a fear of heights were probably like
Scared Special Forces GIF by Beverley Mitchell

IAmRei

I love everything about botw and hate everything about totk

I feel like i've waited 6 years for a fucking dlc/mod and i'm still mad about it lol
Have you ever play it? It is not dlc or mod, it's a different gameplay in relatively different place although the placement of map might quite similar. But it is far from dlc, its so huge.

radewagon

Climbing up to the wind temple was pretty cool as well. Although people with a fear of heights were probably like
Scared Special Forces GIF by Beverley Mitchell
I was going to say some nonsense about how it shouldn't matter because it's just a game, but then I remembered those stupid giant spiders in REmake and it promptly made me change my mind.

Pimpbaa

Only stuff memorable in TOTK was building shit and stuff that was already memorable in BOTW. Game just feels like I’m playing BOTW again for the millionth time. Way way too much recycled content for a 70 dollar game. Considering that BOTW came out in 2017, one should at least expect a whole new world. Could have done something like Majora’s Mask or something. I mean they couldn’t even make the effort to make all new music or all new armor sets (no recycled ones from the previous game). Ugh, after Spider-Man 2 I”m so sick of devs pumping out the exact same shit. Just disappointed that Nintendo did it too.

OCL

Have you ever play it? It is not dlc or mod, it's a different gameplay in relatively different place although the placement of map might quite similar. But it is far from dlc, its so huge.
Yes i played it, and the map is not similar, i'ts the exact same (Oh but with a little bit of snow in the rito village when you start the quest and less lava in the moutain)

Also the marketing based on the sky is also a giant scam, you spend 95% of the time in hyrule doing the same shit you did in botw

Top Bottom