• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robert Khoo (Penny Arcade President) resigns

Monocle

Uh-oh, wasn't this the guy who basically saved Gabe and Tycho when they were wandering naked through the corporate wilderness? I wonder how they'll get by without the brains of the operation.

Ah, time for my semi-annual trip to PA to see how much more ridiculous the art has gotten.

And...yup! Seems like a parody of the last time I checked. Everything's in order.
Haha, yeah. The colors are improved but the faces look hideously distorted. Very off-putting.

duvjones

Banned
I can only say that this seems to a good parting.

I went to PAX South and I was bored to tears. Soured me on the whole con experience too. Good luck to you Robert!
Oh, I am sorry to hear that. From what I have heard and seen, PAX is something of the deep end pool as far as cons go. It's rather big no matter which one you go to.

DarkKyo

Haha, yeah. The colors are improved but the faces look hideously distorted. Very off-putting.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the current style. It's constantly changing/evolving, which is a pretty big staple of the comic over the past 5-7 years. The characters are incredibly emotive, the colors are great, and nothing is off-putting about the style itself.

We're all entitled to our own opinion but I think you're off on this one.

edit: to put it more eloquently, the style changes but I'm positive the same amount of effort or more goes into as it ever has. Mike seems like someone who is constantly challenging himself.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
FWIW; Robert basically groomed a protege for many years while he was there, so they will have Josh still around to help them, as well as Fehlauer and Jeff and others.

Miracle

Damn! Met him a few times in all the Pax Easts I went to. Great guy and a very brilliant one at that.

He definitely deserves a break (at least a 5 year break) but this does suck to hear regardless.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Uh oh.

Robert was pretty much the dude who kept them out of trouble and from making even bigger problems outta the shit they got into.

Dude ran that shit.

Yeah, he was the secret behind their success. I wonder where he will go - he'll be an asset to any company he joins.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Yeah, he was the secret behind their success. I wonder where he will go - he'll be an asset to any company he joins.

My guess is that he takes a year or two off / does passion projects. Maybe gets married. Then probably has his choice on where he wants to work.

BinaryTB

Neo Member
I would move to Seattle from Boston to help out PA in a heartbeat if I was offered a position. I believe Khoo has an MBA in Operations, that's what I have. I'm sure it requires more than that though, but it's a step.

Top Bottom