• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RoboCop: Rogue City - Pre-order Bonus Revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member

Welcome to Detroit; crime runs rampant as the city lies on the edge of ruin, people fighting for scraps as others live extravagant lives of luxury.Control of the Detroit Police Department is given to the Omni Consumer Products corporation in an attempt to restore order. You are that solution, RoboCop, a cyborg tasked with protecting the city.

C22vrp5.png
fXw56ai.png

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I dont know why, but I didnt expect this to be full priced. Was Terminator Resistance $60 when it launched? I cant remember...

Day one regardless

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I appreciate bringing back an old license, but gameplay looked boring as hell.

Looks more at home in an arcade where you blow through it in one go and forget about it.

Drizzlehell

Banned
To give them some credit, at least the price difference between regular and deluxe editions is minuscule, and actually feels appropriate for the kind of content that it offers. Unlike pretty much every other triple-A publisher who will charge an upwards of 50% of the games base price for some hyper deluxe edition with a bunch of crap that no one needs.

Ubisoft, EA and Activision are probably the worst offenders here, much like with everything else they do.

RagnarokIV

Excuse me. There was a beta?
You had to apply through a google form. I had an email from them (must have signed up to something after Terminator Resistance won me over). It was the first few missions of the game.

The game begins with punks taking over a TV station, they inject nuke into a host and cause mayhem. RoboCop and Lewis arrive on the scene. You enter the lobby as Basil's famous main theme plays (hilariously the volume is just slightly lower than blasting, just like the coke factory shootout in the film. I guess this was intentional because they have a massive eye for details).

At the end a punk gets someone as a human shield and RoboCop can't shoot because of a wife flashback. OCP say he fucked up and start monitoring him.

You then wander around Detroit PD to help admin stuff, shooting range, crime reports etc.

When done you get into the Ford Taurus, hit the ramp with sparks and get down to Old Detroit.

It's a hub world like Deus Ex, you get to wander around and talk to people for side quests. Graffiti on the wall is of the 6000 SUX dinosaur and other in universe stuff. It's amazing.

On a 4070/13600k I was getting about 50-80 FPS at 1440p but they said it was before any GPU and CPU load optimization.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
You had to apply through a google form. I had an email from them (must have signed up to something after Terminator Resistance won me over). It was the first few missions of the game.

The game begins with punks taking over a TV station, they inject nuke into a host and cause mayhem. RoboCop and Lewis arrive on the scene. You enter the lobby as Basil's famous main theme plays (hilariously the volume is just slightly lower than blasting, just like the coke factory shootout in the film. I guess this was intentional because they have a massive eye for details).

At the end a punk gets someone as a human shield and RoboCop can't shoot because of a wife flashback. OCP say he fucked up and start monitoring him.

You then wander around Detroit PD to help admin stuff, shooting range, crime reports etc.

When done you get into the Ford Taurus, hit the ramp with sparks and get down to Old Detroit.

It's a hub world like Deus Ex, you get to wander around and talk to people for side quests. Graffiti on the wall is of the 6000 SUX dinosaur and other in universe stuff. It's amazing.

On a 4070/13600k I was getting about 50-80 FPS at 1440p but they said it was before any GPU and CPU load optimization.

Holy shit the Deus Ex hub like area is NOT what I was expecting, but then again, Resistance kinda did the same thing too so it makes sense and they did it well.

Im hoping this will be a success for them. Teyon is really cutting themselves out to be THE premiere licensed 80s action movie game devs.

Pretty sure we had a thread like this, but Id love to see them take a stab at something like Lethal Weapon and base it around the first two movies. (I think I said Big Trouble In Little China too before)

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Does Robocop stop by the co-ed showers to perv on naked women?
Sadly the best/scrapped parts of RoboCop 2 weren't referenced in the beta lol.

It's difficult continuity wise... because you know how in RoboCop he begun with a robotic voice and only walked in a 4 directional grid? But slowly through the movie his movement and voice get more natural (humanity overriding the machine). The ultimate result being once his helmet is off - Murphy is back. Then after blowing up the ED-209 outside OCP HQ he even managed a 180 midwalk backup gloat?
Well in this, just like RoboCop 2, his voice is confusingly fully robotic again!

Holy shit the Deus Ex hub like area is NOT what I was expecting, but then again, Resistance kinda did the same thing too so it makes sense and they did it well.

Im hoping this will be a success for them. Teyon is really cutting themselves out to be THE premiere licensed 80s action movie game devs.

Pretty sure we had a thread like this, but Id love to see them take a stab at something like Lethal Weapon and base it around the first two movies. (I think I said Big Trouble In Little China too before)

They are only going up. This game won't be for everyone but if you liked Resistance then this is just a massive step up. It's better than any of the actual sequels!

Chuck Berry

Gold Member

It's difficult continuity wise... because you know how in RoboCop he begun with a robotic voice and only walked in a 4 directional grid? But slowly through the movie his movement and voice get more natural (humanity overriding the machine). The ultimate result being once his helmet is off - Murphy is back. Then after blowing up the ED-209 outside OCP HQ he even managed a 180 midwalk backup gloat?
Well in this, just like RoboCop 2, his voice is confusingly fully robotic again!

How does Weller sound?

He might still be teaching history classes at NYU...

Imagine having him as a professor.

"Excuse me, Dr. Banzai, when you were at the range with your customized 9mm..."

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member

They are only going up. This game won't be for everyone but if you liked Resistance then this is just a massive step up. It's better than any of the actual sequels!
I've praised Terminator Resistance well before the devs got the Robocop IP.

Day -2
4zK3ZQj.jpg

Reactions: Isa

RagnarokIV

How does Weller sound?

He might still be teaching history classes at NYU...

Imagine having him as a professor.

"Excuse me, Dr. Banzai, when you were at the range with your customized 9mm..."

Weller is basically first half of RoboCop 1 energy, but they haven't done as much post on his voice. So it might sound 'lazy' if you're unfamiliar with it.

I've praised Terminator Resistance well before the devs got the Robocop IP.

Day -2
4zK3ZQj.jpg

I legit bought Terminator 4 times (PS4, PS5 collector, Xbox and PC). I'll do the same for this, no fucks given hahaha.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Were you a big a Robocop vs Terminator fan back in the day?
Not really. I'd go back to play Robocop on the Amstrad from time to time. My first step into gaming was The Hollywood Collection by Ocean. Batman The Movie, Robocop, Ghostbusters II and Indiana Jones and the last crusade. Finished them all except Indiana Jones. Disc was fucked as it would only play the first level and get stuck. Grab the Cross and escape. No top of the train for me. I loved Robocop as a kid and was very fortunate that I got to see it several times in primary school. It stuck with me. I never saw the Robocop v Terminator until it was too late and couldn't find a copy then. I played it a few times but nothing beats the Amstrad version for me.

Top Bottom