• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 announced for PS4 and Xbox One

Kolma

Can someone reccomend me a wireless guitar that works on Xbox One (with adapter, of course).

My personal favorite controller was the wired Gutiar Hero 2 X-plorer for the 360...which isn't compatible.

I hate, hate, hate, hate the Rock Band 1 and 2 guitars. The Beatles: Rock Band Bass was ok. I just don't like the spongy strum bars.

I'll probably be going around to second hand stores this week to pick up a compatible gutiar, but there's just so many different models out there, not sure what I should get.
The precision bass rock band guitar actually had clicky strum bars

Mr.Fusion

Can someone reccomend me a wireless guitar that works on Xbox One (with adapter, of course).

My personal favorite controller was the wired Gutiar Hero 2 X-plorer for the 360...which isn't compatible.

I hate, hate, hate, hate the Rock Band 1 and 2 guitars. The Beatles: Rock Band Bass was ok. I just don't like the spongy strum bars.

I'll probably be going around to second hand stores this week to pick up a compatible gutiar, but there's just so many different models out there, not sure what I should get.

The Mad Catz Fender Telecaster RB3 guitars have clicky strum bars. I have one, it's my favorite guitar controller.

ViciousDS

Banned
If there is an actual way to do this please let me know. I opted in a few weeks ago, and I haven't gotten the new dash yet, but my status is stuck at "enroll change pending" and I can't seem to find a way to cancel the enrollment to the new dash.

There isn't a cancel button for you in the preview dash? Also should be a change enrollment on that line where it says pending

I'm not home but I will die if I see an update pop turning on my system when I get back.

Otaku Coder

Neo Member
Just seen an email from Amazon US claiming that my standalone legacy adaptor won't be shipping until the 22nd or so.

Not really a problem for me, since I won't be able to play it for months anyway, just something to watch out for...

Looks like they did an update of another batch of RB DLC yesterday was able to find like 15 songs that I couldn't get Friday night. Still can't download your packs though.

There isn't a cancel button for you in the preview dash? Also should be a change enrollment on that line where it says pending

I'm not home but I will die if I see an update pop turning on my system when I get back.

There isn't. I looked a couple of days ago because I wanted to cancel my enrollment and I didn't see one.

Just seen an email from Amazon US claiming that my standalone legacy adaptor won't be shipping until the 22nd or so.

Not really a problem for me, since I won't be able to play it for months anyway, just something to watch out for...

They said mine was the 8th. I contacted support and they assured me it'd arrive on the 6th.

Worst case my wife and I just sing for a few days.

Megatron

They said mine was the 8th. I contacted support and they assured me it'd arrive on the 6th.

Worst case my wife and I just sing for a few days.

I got the email saying mine is coming the 8th also. If it really does, I will have Transformers Devastation to play, anyway.

ViciousDS

Banned
There isn't. I looked a couple of days ago because I wanted to cancel my enrollment and I didn't see one.

Maybe by the time we get in all stuff will be fixed lol

This guy is! Mid afternoon tomorrow is when it is going up.

I'll try to get the review thread up by 7 PST.

post-39018-Theoden-so-it-begins-gif-Imgur-YB8r.gif

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
With regards to delisted songs on PSN, they are showing up on the store's PS3 app if you own them as "Free", so you have to "buy" them again to get the PS4 version of the song.

Kolma

I'm getting worried with my gay bar track. It's my only delisted song that shows up on Xbox one, but it has a price in it. Don't know if I should bite the bullet and rebuy it or wait and see.

I don't want to lose that song, it's one of the top played for groups

beanman25

Could someone redirect me to how to get the RB2 songs? I'm fairly certain I exported them when 3 came out, but I haven't looked at this stuff in a long time.

I also can't remember the gamertag I bought a few songs on.

Downloaded about 200 songs from the the web store of Ps4. Once I added 10 to cart, I opened new tab of cart confirmed purchase then sent download to PS4, then head back to other tab and repeated. There are soooo many songs marked as unavailable unfortunately. Hopefully it's sorted out soon

I have a real dumb question. Why is Rock band 4 180$ in Canada and GH Live is only 130$?

Activision can afford to take a hit on sales, hoping that this will relaunch a successful franchise for them. Harmonix needs cash out of the gate, so they need to profit off every element of this release.

Southcott

No there is a real fix....I had to do it to mine. You actually move the internal contact board lower and it's snug as hell and feels really really good. Also laughing at your string method there haha.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?/topic/628006-faulty-guitar-hero-3-guitar/

All you need is a torx driver

Perfect! Worked brilliantly, both the Les Paul's I own are working perfect again

On a completely unrelated note - did anyone on here order the Xbox One + Legacy Adaptor Bundle from 365games in the UK? I got in before they sold out but looking in my order history it states that it's awaiting release date - so I'm guessing this means that they are awaiting stock?

Downloaded about 200 songs from the the web store of Ps4. Once I added 10 to cart, I opened new tab of cart confirmed purchase then sent download to PS4, then head back to other tab and repeated. There are soooo many songs marked as unavailable unfortunately. Hopefully it's sorted out soon

For me, everything marked unavailable was either because it was delisted or because I bought the pack. So things should be fine as soon as the packs show up.

Late notice but I thought I had my hands on a drum kit. Does anyone have an extra Xbox 360 drum kit they're willing to sell/trade with a reasonable offer? I only have the IONs and I would rather not drop $250 just for drums.

ViciousDS

Banned
Perfect! Worked brilliantly, both the Les Paul's I own are working perfect again

On a completely unrelated note - did anyone on here order the Xbox One + Legacy Adaptor Bundle from 365games in the UK? I got in before they sold out but looking in my order history it states that it's awaiting release date - so I'm guessing this means that they are awaiting stock?

Good to hear! Les Paul's are fantastic plastic instruments! I love my real one too :)........even though it's an epiphone

Kolma

My legacy adapter is officially arriving Tuesday, just got shipping confirmation from Amazon :D

*edit last post of the page. also WOO 8000!

Hawk269

Yeah, it looks like there are a lot more songs available on the Xbox One "add-on's" section. I also noticed that instead of just having the "Rock Band 4" logo for all the dlc, that it now shows the album cover for the particular band and the left/right side has the Rock Band 4 back round. I bought another 8 songs today that I did not see a few days ago.

Kolma

Yeah, it looks like there are a lot more songs available on the Xbox One "add-on's" section. I also noticed that instead of just having the "Rock Band 4" logo for all the dlc, that it now shows the album cover for the particular band and the left/right side has the Rock Band 4 back round. I bought another 8 songs today that I did not see a few days ago.

Looks to me like the same songs that have been available since Thursday night.

Anyone know why I can't see add one for Rockband 4 via the PSN on PS4? I'm sitting on the Rockband 4 page currently with no option for add ons.

So I've downloaded all of the singles I had in my 360 download history.

Now, I can't download any packs, but I can download the songs within them.

So now I have to cross reference every pack with the internet to see what the content of it were, to then look up those songs specifically.

Bleh...

It'll be worth it, but bleh...

pacman85

Regarding the XBox One Legacy Adapter, I am in the USA with Amazon Prime and got Amazon (via online chat) to move my delivery date up from 10/8 (next Thursday) to release day delivery on 10/6 (Tuesday) for free so that's cool. Hope that helps someone else.

Got the game digitally pre-loaded and all ready to go on my XBone but I have yet to go through and download the new versions of my DLC on my XBone yet. Not looking forward to that. I think I will wait until the game unlocks so I can use the in-game store as it seems to be a much better experience. Sad to hear about all of the features that appear to be omitted/missing/changed in RB4 but oh well. I will hope for them in the updates.

Also, I still need to go through and buy the remaining pre-RB3 DLC on my XBox 360 because I can't do it online (stupid MS not letting you use money in MS account on their website for XBox 360 transactions). Based on Harmonix's latest post I have to do that by Tuesday at the latest. I will probably try and knock it out Monday night.

I'm in the XBox Preview Program thing and I saw Major Nelson's post about getting more people into the New XBox Experience dashboard and it's discouraging to see people saying they are having issues with stuff working. Like others, I probably should have opted out this particular update(s) with this coming out, Battlefront beta soon, Halo 5, etc.

Lady Gaia

I can hardly believe I'll be playing Rock Band 4 on my Roland e-kit in just over 30 hours. Just a few weeks ago it seemed like it would never happen, but I have the game preloaded, a PS3 MIDI Pro Adapter at the ready, and a backup unit coming in the mail today. Now I just have to re-buy critical DLC due to the platform change. Ugh.

It's better than nothing, and honestly most of my DLC purchases on the 360 were focused on keyboard parts which are now completely irrelevant, so it won't be that many tracks I double up on. Microsoft saved me a few hundred by not making an Xbox One a viable solution, so I may actually come out ahead on the deal.

hesido

My RockBand Ps3 BluRay is from the UK region. I'm guessing buying RB4 digitally from the UK store is key to regaining access to my purchased songs?

Syriel

Did anyone that received the xbox one version notice if a patch installed? I was getting other stuff done while it installed and didn't notice. I wish they had the setup like on ps4 where I can force an update check.

There is a 1 GB day one patch on XBO.

My RockBand Ps3 BluRay is from the UK region. I'm guessing buying RB4 digitally from the UK store is key to regaining access to my purchased songs?

Most likely. PSN digital content is still region locked to its respective store, IIRC.

Z_Y

Sorry if this a stupid question but can you purchase guitars outside of the game bundle? Not seeing any way to do that. I'm wanting to get the game digitally but kind of need the guitar. Seems like a crazy oversight, if not.

XB1 version, btw.

Mr.Fusion

Sorry if this a stupid question but can you purchase guitars outside of the game bundle? Not seeing any way to do that. I'm wanting to get the game digitally but kind of need the guitar. Seems like a crazy oversight, if not.

XB1 version, btw.

No standalone RB4 instruments until 2016. You can use Xbox 360 instruments if you buy the legacy adapter.

Well went through and downloaded all of my previously purchased DLC. My BiaB XB1 order is preparing for shipment and will be here Tuesday. I am so ready.

Z_Y

No standalone RB4 instruments until 2016. You can use Xbox 360 instruments if you buy the legacy adapter.

Thanks.

I'm sure there's a good reason but that is kind of limiting. I can't be the only person that wants to go digital but needs a guitar.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks.

I'm sure there's a good reason but that is kind of limiting. I can't be the only person that wants to go digital but needs a guitar.
I wanted to go digital, but also to have the preorder-songs. No digital preorder in EU sucks :(

Yaari

Found out there's plenty of songs on sale that I like, but simply don't remember by name. Wonder if I'll run into a few more.

Thanks.

Self published this time, or co-published with Mad Catz I guess. So they only made enough units for the bundles. Lots of cost cutting this time around.

ViciousDS

Banned
"Throne" better not take forever to hit the Xbox store after launch. I want that damn song so bad......and the rest of the that's the spirit album lol

Azzawon

"Throne" better not take forever to hit the Xbox store after launch. I want that damn song so bad......and the rest of the that's the spirit album lol

Same here, I bet it's an absolute blast to play. I really want Avalanche to come later on if we do happen to get more songs from the album.

I'm definitely happy with having Babymetal though.

komarkaze

I don't own an Xbox One yet but I plan to get one of their new bundles in November. If I pre-order the digital game through the website now, will I be eligible to receive the 12 song pre-order bonus?

I don't own an Xbox One yet but I plan to get one of their new bundles in November. If I pre-order the digital game through the website now, will I be eligible to receive the 12 song pre-order bonus?

I would think so. You may have to purchase them if they end up being listed separately from the game, but they haven't said anything about having to download the preorder songs within a certain time period, and no one has said anything about the preorder bonuses being cut off yet.

Speaking of the preorder bonuses, September is really making me wish I had played on Xbox last gen.

Top Bottom