• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 announced for PS4 and Xbox One

ViciousDS

Banned
XBL is updated with new DLC cant really see what cause the beta dash goes crashy, cause of the amount of items at one time :p

time to revert back by erasing your entire console......because NXE is not compatible with RB4 bud

Q: Can I opt-out of the New Xbox One Experience Preview?

A: Yes. During the Preview period, there are two ways you can opt-out of receiving New Xbox One Experience Preview updates.

1. Prior to receiving the New Xbox One Experience Update Preview, take no action -- we'll default you to remaining on the Existing Xbox One Experience preview. You'll still get the benefits of Preview, like Backward Compatibility, but you'll stay on the current Xbox One update that's available to the public. Later, just before the general release of the New Xbox One Experience, we'll update your console to the latest Preview build, so you'll still get it a little early.

2. In the Registration area of the Xbox Preview Dashboard, you can choose Remove to remove your console from the program entirely. Your console's removal will be processed within 72 hours.

NOTE: If you choose this option after taking the New Xbox One Experience Preview update, your console will go back to the current general release of the Xbox One software, but this will restore factory defaults on your console, and erase all locally stored accounts, apps, games, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. We encourage all users to download/copy your favorite games to External Hard disks to ensure a quick recovery option in the event of data loss from a removal.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_a...review_forums/nxoe_1509/f/5541/t/2038522.aspx
(This link will only work for preview members)

hope you have everything on an external drive

Dominator

Kind of just want the guitar bundle for now, and drums later. I get why they don't sell them seperately, but damn I wish they did lol

Looks like I'm waiting until Christmas for this one.

Yaari

Kind of just want the guitar bundle for now, and drums later. I get why they don't sell them seperately, but damn I wish they did lol

Looks like I'm waiting until Christmas for this one.

They do plan of selling drums seperate in 2016 though. So if you want to wait til Christmas you might as well get the guitar bundle now and buy the drums seperately later right?

Apparently the X1 version is delayed slightly here, so I'm not getting it tomorrow. Bleh.

Gorki247

Got a link to where you ordered it? You got lucky!

I got it from the EU Madcatz store (someone shared the link in this thread, so thanks to that person). It's no longer available on there though. Curious to see if others that ordered it through Madcatz get the same or if this was a mistake.

Psymatiq

Neo Member
Apparently the game works, but not the instruments.

Guitar kinda works, its the schreen diming cause it cant registre the button presses. Wonder if a kinect that can see you and having the never turn off power option can fix that until they make a new dash for the guitar/drum problem.

Finally got through the sale list during constant store disconnects on 360. Bought 53 more songs.

As far as x1, I'm just waiting for the rb4 store before downloading anything as that looks a lot easier.

So we have confirmation that delisted songs will carry over?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
All of my Rock Band DLC is tied to a PSN account that I no longer have access to. I used my college email account to set up the profile. In the years since they have changed over to a gmail-based system so when I try to reset the password it's not going to the new account. I also sold the PS3 used to create the account years ago so Sony won't help me out.

Kolma

Finally got through the sale list during constant store disconnects on 360. Bought 53 more songs.

As far as x1, I'm just waiting for the rb4 store before downloading anything as that looks a lot easier.

So we have confirmation that delisted songs will carry over?

afaik no new delisted songs have popped up on xbox one or xbox.com other than the ones that went up Thursday night (there's a list a few pages back)

PS4 should be all set though.

Also it seems anything that was obtained via export or special pack is not 100% working (maybe works in game?)
This includes the Doors pack, RB3 preorder pack, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers packs that came with the Pro Mustang and RB3 Bass guitar bundles.

But in the end unless someone that has the game currently would answer these questions... we won't know till Tuesday.

ViciousDS

Banned
Guitar kinda works, its the schreen diming cause it cant registre the button presses. Wonder if a kinect that can see you and having the never turn off power option can fix that until they make a new dash for the guitar/drum problem.

NXE also is having major kinect issues according to the beta thread

pfkas

Stoked for this - haven't been into a guitar game properly since Guitar Hero 3 - picked up Lego Rockband at the weekend for a fiver for some practise (how on earth does a thing like this even exist?).

Listening to the Rock Band 4 tracklist on spotify, some good ones on there that I can't wait to play. Always like finding new tracks/bands on these. Also, throwback to Frequency in that there are some Freezepop tracks on the Game pre-order bonus list. Not sure how they'll play on the guitar but we'll see.

FaintDeftone

Anyone know if Best Buy's GCU discount will work on the game+adapter bundle? I know sometimes when hardware is involved it won't work.

Listening to the Rock Band 4 tracklist on spotify, some good ones on there that I can't wait to play. Always like finding new tracks/bands on these. Also, throwback to Frequency in that there are some Freezepop tracks on the Game pre-order bonus list. Not sure how they'll play on the guitar but we'll see.

Most of those 30 preorder songs have been DLC or on-disc before, and Super-Sprode a pretty fun song.

Kolma

Super-Sprode has been DLC before, and it's a pretty fun song.

Actually Sprode was on Rock Band.
Super Sprode was version they used in amplitude.

They sound fairly different.

*edit
Funny enough
For the Harmonix Pack 01 on Xbox One
"Add Harmonix Pack 01 to your Rock Band™ song library. Pack includes "Rock Rebellion" – Bang Camaro, "Shake" – Count Zero, "Sprode" – Freezepop. For music credits, visit www.rockband.com."
It calls it Sprode still
Meanwhile the Standalone is labled as Super-Sprode
"Add "Super-Sprøde" by Freezepop to your Rock Band™ 4 song library. Compatible with Rock Band™ 4 only. For music credits, visit www.rockband.com."

Southcott

UK Update regarding Xbox One Solus + Legacy Adapter bundle.

GAME UK - Sold out online, stock in stores is pre-allocated and isn't on free-sale.

Amazon UK - Sold out online.

365Games - Sold out online, stock hasn't been received from distributor yet for current pre-orders so don't expect this for release date.

GameStop UK - 'in stock' online, listed as game only but had a customer service representative on Facebook say that it includes the Adapter - £49.99, cheapest to date - stock isn't expected for at least a week though.

I can confirm I was able to buy and install dlc from the console pre order exclusives.

Picked up Jane, September, The Reflex and Cowboys from Hell.

Dominator

They do plan of selling drums seperate in 2016 though. So if you want to wait til Christmas you might as well get the guitar bundle now and buy the drums seperately later right?
Are they really? Well hot damn, I'm in. Thanks for the info! Gonna look into it a bit and see if I can get a guitar bundle tomorrow.

I just bought a bunch of DLC yesterday. I should've waited an extra day to get September instead of Ghost of Perdition or On the Backs of Angels.

Anyway, I'll be putting the review thread up in about twenty minutes.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Meanwhile, on EU PSN...
47053b3393e8903445d1dnisqu.gif

Storm360

I got it from the EU Madcatz store (someone shared the link in this thread, so thanks to that person). It's no longer available on there though. Curious to see if others that ordered it through Madcatz get the same or if this was a mistake.

I ordered the same, I'm home in a few hours so I'll see

ViciousDS

Banned
Amazon says my bundle will still be here by tomorrow but it hasn't shipped yet. That's a big ass box for a drone to carry

your package won't ship till noon.....they do it everytime. You could order two day shipping and they basically ship it next day....they just take the extra day to process lol

TaKeRx

Got the email confirmation from Best buy about the bundle being ready tomorrow, but I lost my wallet yesterday! lol. Gotta take a trip to the DMV before I can pick up the game and I'm not sure how they'll verify my card, but I'm walking out there with the bundle no matter what!

I also spoke with amazon support since the adapter was supposed to ship on the 8th, but they just verified that it'll be here tomorrow. Crossing my fingers because the only guitar I can play RB is the Gretsch.

Lastly I'm loaded up on XBL gift cards and I'll be buying a huge amount of DLC tonight before the deal expires.

Yes! I'm ready for this! Add me on Xbox you guys. GT: STi TaKeR

pfkas

Don't know if there are psn features for this, but please add me - CyberHippy78. I'd love to get some leaderboard action going on if there is some :)

Bauer91

Just bought a lot of DLC before the sale on EU PSN ends tomorrow. Can't even afford a PS4 and RB4 right now but I couldn't miss out on these prices, haha. At least I'll have a very nice library of songs when I do get to play RB4.

Yaari

God damn. I had the X1 + Guitar bundle in my cart waiting to check out. 3 hours later the site tells me its no longer available.
Only site that carried the 30 pre-order bonus here.

It's also delayed til Friday for them. Granted to say, I don't think I'll be playing any RB4 this week.

just read this in the gamespot review:

Compounding this lack of ownership: the game forces you to use pre-created ''stand in'' characters anytime your friends aren’t present to play as your custom characters,

and thats fucking terrible

but it led me on a weird path to the following question if anyone knows from watching stream or whatever:

in rock band 3, you could have drums, guitar, bass, and keyboard players and the mics would become "Karaoke mode" which I dont think had scoring

I haven't seen them show off the 3 player harmonies at all but I'm wondering if they all get their own scoring?

and does everyone get their own characters on stage as well? having 7 people in the "band" but only 4 on stage, and not even the right 4, was kinda dumb in 3

ElNino

just read this in the gamespot review:

Compounding this lack of ownership: the game forces you to use pre-created ''stand in'' characters anytime your friends aren’t present to play as your custom characters,
Wait, so our created band members only show up if someone is signed in to play as them?

That's a big bummer if true. My RB/RB2/RB3 band was of myself, my wife and my two sons. It was great to see their digital versions with me when I was playing solo (the majority of the time). My sons are older now, and I will let them play, but I'll still want for their characters to join me when they're not around.

Wait, so our created band members only show up if someone is signed in to play as them?

That's a big bummer if true. My RB/RB2/RB3 band was of myself, my wife and my two sons. It was great to see their digital versions with me when I was playing solo (the majority of the time). My sons are older now, and I will let them play, but I'll still want for their characters to join me when they're not around.

I could only use stand-ins in my band. I wondered if I maybe missed an option, but it doesn't seem like it.

Glassboy

Does anyone know where I can get the dlc cheaper in the psn store? I cannot seem to find it. The sale price expires tomorrow, right?

Woffls

Shit, it didn't occur to me that there might be stock issues with the adaptor. £70 for the bundle... c'mon man :(

Top Bottom