• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 announced for PS4 and Xbox One

Europeans on PS4 should be picking up the American version of the game and buy songs with a US account. SCEE's complete incompetence with music games is not going to end. We STILL don't have the new Rock Band 3 DLC that Xbox users got in January.

Itl be interesting to see if the market will get behind a new Rock band title. I will say that they're doing things correctly right out the gate by supporting the old peripherals and songs though, so they should at least be rewarded for that.

Personally I'd like to see them go with a free to play edition of it too.

Nice! It's also a good thing that Guitar Hero is coming out as well since I always preferred their guitar controllers over Rock Band controllers. If you're able to transfer all of your songs over to the new game...then maybe it's time for me to get an Xbone.

The only bummer about this is that I had all of my Rock Band stuff on 360 and now I only own a PS4. So I'll have to rebuy everything. That's hardly Harmonix's fault though. I'll rebuy everything if I have to, I need more Rock Band in my life.

The Flash

Banned
2Enhl.gif

Montresor

Better yet, it will allow players to import all their content from previous games on PS3 and Xbox 360 into this long-awaited series resurgence

OMG. I have $1500 of DLC from the 360. YES!!!!

turnbuckle

Please dear lord through some witchcraft let 360 to PS4 transfer possible

My purchase hinges on this.

Several hundred dollars in 360 dlc...it would likely be cheaper for me to buy an xb1 for this game than to purchase all the songs again

TehOh

I bought a ton of Rock Band DLC on 360 last gen, but only have a PS4 this gen. Looks like that won't cross over from their Q&A. Damn. I doubt instruments will work either.

Not sure if I'll grab the new one. Depends on the feature list, but if neither instruments or DLC work moving from Xbox -> Playstation, I'm not super interested in a second set.

Best news I've heard all year. I knew that previous DLC (or at least as much as possible) was being relicensed for a reason, and this is it. Shame about them ditching keys, but not entirely unexpected. It was a nice experiment, but let's focus on the core parts first. Which is that I actually have RB DLC and exports scattered across a few different accounts (the sub/master account thing on PS3 being a pain) so I'll need to consolidate them all. Not worried about the DLC, I'll re-buy that if I have to, but the exports are a worry, if they even come over at all.

J10

Banned
Cool news. I take it my DLC purchases would be on record via XBL and I would just be redownloading them in the new game?

Jimrpg

I'm very very curious how this will sell.

I think it will struggle personally.

Still got my old instruments! Glad I kept them!

Ricker

lol,I still have the original white guitar...not even sure if its Guitar Hero now or Rock Band(probably GH)...might jump back on in for a whille though,why the hell not,no one can deny the game and all was fun as hell...

co1onel

Q: What instruments will be playable? Wiill RB4 have Pro guitar and keys?
A: Rock Band 4 will focus on the core experience and the roots of the franchise – guitar, bass, drums, and vocals. There will be no key support in Rock Band 4. We will continue to support “Pro” mode for Drums.
Welp

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Q: Will my old DLC work if I bought a different next gen console, i.e. Xbox 360 -> PS4?
A: Cross platform DLC compatibility is not entirely within our control, as DLC ownership is managed by the 1st parties.
Sounds like "no chance"

Keasar

Crap, all my old instruments and games are for the 360 and I really don't want a X1. :(

Will have to start over if I decide to get this.

It's a shame that it's not coming out on PC or Wii U, but I played Rock Band on Xbox 360, anyway, and I don't want to part ways with or rebuy that much DLC.

cripterion

Q: Will my old DLC work on the next gen console of the same type, i.e. PS3 -> PS4?
A: Yes! Content purchased from the store or exported from a disc will transfer over to the new generation of consoles at not addition cost as we make that content available.

FjyhJp3.gif

Nice! This is so good to hear!

FAQ said:
Q: Will my old hardware work?
A: We’re already working closely with Mad Catz, Sony, and Microsoft on solutions for letting you use legacy hardware on new consoles. This is a challenge on both the software side and hardware side, but something we’d love to happen. We’ll have more information on this in the coming months.

That's not a "yes" to old instruments.

If the PS3 and PS4 only use Bluetooth, they should be fine but I have no confidence that Microsoft will allow 360 controllers to work on Xbox One. Which is a shame, because all my DLC is on 360.

But I was planning on buying new instruments anyway, so it wont affect me too much.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I have the George Harrison guitar replica that I bought with Rock Band: The Beatles that I'd like to use again. Hopefully it'll be supported. :)

At the moment it's just collecting dust. :(

blamite

Oh fuck yes. It was obvious this was coming, but the confirmation is great.

I imagine streaming will be a big part of the new feature set.

Top Bottom