• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 announced for PS4 and Xbox One

Jonnax

Sounds great. Everyone might want to jump on getting used copies of the older rock band games for songs because I can imagine a small price hike on them.

vermadas

Surprised they dropped keys but I understand why. Wonder if it'll have harmonies. Would be really nice if we could get a Beatles export as well.

Ricker

It would be awesome if they could finally get some Led Zeppelin songs in there...that would help the resurgence a bit I guess...I think Jimmy Page said never but who knows,only crazy people dont change their minds :p

Just need to hear about RB3 Disc export now (Beatles RB would be nice too, but highly doubtful) and I may just be convinced to finally pony up for an XBO.

Tregard

Soothsayer
My purchase hinges on this.

Several hundred dollars in 360 dlc...it would likely be cheaper for me to buy an xb1 for this game than to purchase all the songs again

Would consider buying Rock Band 1-3 + Lego on PS3 just to make things easier ;-;

SONG SUGGESTIONS:
Erase - They Might Be Giants
Oh Lord - Foxy Shazam
One Week - Barenaked Ladies
Death By Diamonds and Pearls - Band of Skulls
Good Days Bad Days - Kaiser Chiefs
Medicine - Broken Bells
Air Guitar - McBusted
Seriously though
Beast - Nico Vega
Everybody Have A Good Time - The Darkness
Untouched - The Veronicas
Hard Rock Hallelujah - Lordi
Malibu - Hole
Go Right Ahead - The Hives
Fascination - Alphabeat

Tidd

I can use ALL songs I bought so far and use my old guitars? Nice!

Am I the only one who can think of a F2P-system like Killer Instinct? Offer the game for free or a few bucks with ~10 songs and if you want more just pay for song packs.

Give me an adapter for my e-drums and I'm probably in. Unfortunately I switched from 360 to PS4, so I don't expect my hundreds of dollars of extra songs to transfer. If so tho... Wow.

lentini

t9ouK.gif

Just need to hear about RB3 Disc export now (Beatles RB would be nice too, but highly doubtful) and I may just be convinced to finally pony up for an XBO.

One big question mark as far as DLC is concerned is Rock Band 3. Sussman told us that there are currently no plans for a Rock Band 3 disc export. However, he qualified that with a caveat, saying that Harmonix wanted to prioritize the items that were important to its fans. If fans want to see a Rock Band 3 disc export, then let Harmonix know via sources such as Twitter and the official Rock Band forums.

RB3 might happen. There is 0% chance of a Beatles Rock Band export.

It's being published independently, with Mad Catz distributing

Is there a link somewhere that confirms this? Harmonix hasn't published anything at retail before that I know of, and it'd be pretty big news if they're becoming a publisher all of a sudden.

hodgy100

That's not a "yes" to old instruments.

If the PS3 and PS4 only use Bluetooth, they should be fine but I have no confidence that Microsoft will allow 360 controllers to work on Xbox One. Which is a shame, because all my DLC is on 360.

But I was planning on buying new instruments anyway, so it wont affect me too much.

the ps3 controllers had usb dongles. id imagine at worst harmonix can sell new dongles separately

Aw, no RB3 disc export as of yet :(

Even if that doesn't happen, at least almost (they've lost the license for some songs) all other songs I have will be exportable.

Noooooooooooooo

Rock Band 3 had an amazing setlist. There are so many songs on that disc that I'd hate to see leave.

I swear, if I can't play Roundabout or 25 or 6 to 4 in Rock Band 4...

Awesome, really great that old gen accessoires will be working on this generations hardware as well. Too bad I have GH guitars. Do have RB drums at least, so I am set for that. Really great to have this series back!

jrDev

Q: Why not Wii / Wii U / PC?
A: Due to shifting production priorities and capabilities of the studio, we don’t currently have plans to release RB4 on the Wii / Wii U / PC simultaneously with Xbox One and PS4. While we genuinely appreciate the support of Wii Rock band users over the years, and the increased interest from PC gamers, the truth is that we had to prioritize opportunities on other platforms with historically larger RB audiences.
Is this actually true?

def sim

I'll likely go for a mic and the game. My friends can buy their own instruments unless this blows up to the point where I have to have everything.

Galdius

Best news of the day!

I would really like if it would be possible to transfer the songs that I bought on the X360 to the PS4 but I don't think it will be possible.

I understand why all the songs I bought on 360 probably won't get me anything in the PS4 version of Rock Band 4. But Harmonix has to understand, then, why I probably won't buy Rock Band 4.

Existing DLC support. Mega yes.
Planned hardware support. Ace. I should probably replace my drums though.
No keys support. Bit sad. Would be nice if you could play as an optional extra for the old stuff.

In short well now I've got to buy an Xbox One and now I'm super excited.

ElNino

Is there a link somewhere that confirms this? Harmonix hasn't published anything at retail before that I know of, and it'd be pretty big news if they're becoming a publisher all of a sudden.
Didn't they already do this with RB3 when they bought the franchise back? I thought they had a re-release of the game where Mad Catz was distributing it but they were the publisher.

DedValve

Banned
Oh man, I have the first 3 games on my Xbox but own a ps4 now. I really hope I can move my tracks over to the ps4 version.

If there was ever a way to bring back RB, this is it. The utmost respect for what the fans wanted.

My hype is through the roof! Time to get the band back together.

Top Bottom