• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band DLC ends in April

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Since it seems at least one of the HMX crew are reading this: Thanks for putting in some great work over the years. And on a personal note, thank you for rekindling the fire in me to play actual instruments. I'm sure I'm not the only one. You should be proud of what you accomplished.

fixed

RBGAF was best GAF

Indeed it was. We even had our own Secret Santa group. I'll always have my novelty Guitar Hero boxer shorts that will never fit me.

pacman85

The stream has started.

2 more weeks of blitz re releases
4 more weeks of new singles

last week will be one song, "fitting" for the end I guess.
hmxhenry said in their thread that there are less than 12 new songs left. So the Blitz song weeks could go 3 - 3 - 2 (+1 new one maybe)
so based on these 2 posts, assuming there are 11 songs left (less than 12) and is it safe to assume that the release schedule is something like this?:

tuesday feb 26 - ~3 new songs (hopefully a pack)
tuesday mar 5 - 4 blitz songs
tuesday mar 12 - ~3 new songs (hopefully a pack)
tuesday mar 19 - last 4 remaining blitz songs
tuesday mar 26 - ~3-4 new songs (hopefully a pack)
tuesda apr 2 - 1 new song

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I'm talking relatively. Making a DLC song for RB is a lot easier than 99% of things you'd do in video game development. Of course there's a skill to it.

What metric are you using to measure what is easy? Is building a map hard for someone who does that all day? It's just putting in assets and moving them around. What about costume DLC? Designing, building, texturing and rigging an outfit isn't any harder than everything that is involved in getting a finished track out for Rock Band.

Unless you have some sort of metric for how many man hours is required for every piece of DLC out there it kinda just seems like you're talking out of your ass.

Poona

Sad news. No more Rock Band games ever? Was hoping to get an upgrade to the character models as my band is just ugly, when they were looking great in Rock Band 2.

Also major bummer about the DLC I at least hope they're able to get Steppenwolf with Magic Carpet Ride, and Twisted Sisters 'I wanna rock' and 'were not gonna take it' released at least. Have no idea why they haven't been already. :(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
if there's tool or opeth I'm gonna hook this shit back up. if not, beh. still one of the best games.

No Tool, and the only Opeth song is Ghost of Perdition.

I really wanted some Helloween or Blind Guardian...
*holds up lighter* We will never forget you Rock Band.

I guess we never will get "Blue Eyed Devil" by Soul Coughing

Or any...damn...Built To Spill

*choke*

Goodnight, Sweet Prince.

Thank you so so much

For everything

bounchfx

No Tool, and the only Opeth song is Ghost of Perdition.

I really wanted some Helloween or Blind Guardian...
*holds up lighter* We will never forget you Rock Band.

I mean for the remaining weeks. I know there's none now.. ;(. and ghost of perdition is one of the funnest drum songs in the game. more would be incredible. BLIND GUARDIAN would be too much to ask for so I don't even bother. it'd be too perfect for RB. ;*(

Javaman

Calibrating isn't so hard when you know how to start adding/subtracting from the audio-delay.

Just get the video-lag by testing, and then remove or add ms on the audio-delay depending on if the notes are struck in front or behind the strike-line.

You can calibrate and get things very close (when drumming I usually get the MS consistantly to around 10ms of each other) but the problem is that while the game can compensate for predictive or lagged gameplay and audio, as soon as you freestyle in drums the delay is still heard. It sounds really bad and offbeat even when calibrated correctly. There's no way to eliminate the lag from the audio stream, even when using game mode on the vizio I'm using.

Look how bad the video lag is on this TV. (not my video) Video can be compensated for but the audio can't unless I pipe it straight from the xbox to a speaker.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hp2QlmVGCU

FyreWulff

You can calibrate and get things very close (when drumming I usually get the MS consistantly to around 10ms of each other) but the problem is that while the game can compensate for predictive or lagged gameplay and audio, as soon as you freestyle in drums the delay is still heard. It sounds really bad and offbeat even when calibrated correctly. There's no way to eliminate the lag from the audio stream, even when using game mode on the vizio I'm using.

That's just an inherent thing to drums freestyle mode.. due to the latency of the controller input, it'll always be lagging behind the actual hits. They can hide it in the game since they actually let the first part of the sound from a note play before you've actually hit it if you hit the previous note before, and otherwise already have the sound ready to go.

FyreWulff

It's not a sale. They just said it was to try and encourage frantic purchasing.

Technically it's a sale since they've said Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo can put the prices back up and they can't do anything about it.

Actually, I'm still surprised they got all 3 to do it. At the same time.

Technically it's a sale since they've said Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo can put the prices back up and they can't do anything about it.

Actually, I'm still surprised they got all 3 to do it. At the same time.

Yeah, because hardware owners have a history of doubling the prices of DLC at their discretion.

Top Bottom