• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Rivals |OT| We're Still Putting The Rock Band Back Together

NeoGAF is back! Rock Band is back! No one is left to pay attention to this topic.

I Want You Back (Jackson 5, Lego Rewind) and Johnny B. Goode (Buckch-- Chuck Berry, part of the new season pass for season three. Also, there's a new pass for season three) this week, road map stream tonight as well.

I predict a 50/50 split on masters this week (wonder which one will be DIY), and no announcement of giving me New Fang back on the stream.

zulux21

NeoGAF is back! Rock Band is back! No one is left to pay attention to this topic.

I Want You Back (Jackson 5, Lego Rewind) and Johnny B. Goode (Buckch-- Chuck Berry, part of the new season pass for season three. Also, there's a new pass for season three) this week, road map stream tonight as well.

I predict a 50/50 split on masters this week (wonder which one will be DIY), and no announcement of giving me New Fang back on the stream.

neither seems very exciting... here's hoping they have fun things to announce tonight though.

ascii42

neither seems very exciting... here's hoping they have fun things to announce tonight though.
I Want You Back surprised me in terms of how fun it was to play. At least on drums. Song’s got a great bassline, too. Probably my most played LEGO Rock Band song.

RavageX

Quit playing the game, I like drums, and I have the cymbals.

Never had a problem with rockband 2 or 3. Rb4 has been nothing but inconsistent. The game will actually activate a different pad randomly...

I tried with new drums and old....

Anyone out there have a fix of some kind?

EthanKart

Banned
Wanting to try out Rock Band 4 on PS4 now that I've read Harmonix has updated the game to include more modes and a new expansion. Wondering how people feel about the game as it stands now vs launch and what is the best way to get a band kit on ps4? Im guessing I should avoid getting a used kit.

NovumAngel

Banned
Pretty big update now live for Rock Band Online: http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/rock-band-rivals-online-quickplay-update-now-live/

And two new songs this week from Seether and Gavin DeGraw
2_22_DLC_Twitter_1.png

NickFire

Yep OP edited out all his stuff and brought it to the other site.
He even sent me a message earlier telling me to go join them there instead of continuing to post in here.
And the battlelines were drawn. Drums and bass users teamed up on one site, and mics and guitars on another. Both competing to drop the dreaded brown note on the other first.

NovumAngel

Banned
I would imagine that stealth ads to a rival site would be frowned upon. Can't really blame anyone running a business for that.
Oh yeah I get that, I just don't understand why he bothered logging back in to complain about people using his thread several months after he abandoned it, oh well.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
If any one else is interested in taking over this thread or starting a new Rock Band thread feel free or message a mod!

Droxcy

Just picked it up. Got RB3 songs transported over but gosh what a horrible set on disk for RB4. Already buying tons of DLC...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This "season" has been a lot of misses for me personally. I know you can't please everyone, but I had a really solid experience with the "Season 4" pack so I bought the spotlight pass this season without even thinking about it. Kinda regretting that decision now.

I still have all of my Xbox 360 RB gear boxed up, waiting for my sons to be old enough to play it with me. The oldest is now, but the middle one isn't (and destroys literally everything he touches) so maybe in a couple more years.

Can't imagine how much time I would have put into this game if it would have come out when I was younger. Soo much fun.

NovumAngel

Banned
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ix-announces-return-of-rock-band-network.aspx

Rock Band Network songs are returning to the series with Rock Band 4, but unlike with Rock Band DLC, players are not able to carry over previous purchases to the newer game. Harmonix says that it came down to either having not being able to bring back any songs or starting fresh on purchases.

The service will prioritize Rock Band Network's most notable and best-selling songs first and work backwards from there and is coming in addition to Harmonix's own weekly DLC. Players who are hoping for specific RBN songs to come back can request them through the Rock Band Request page here.

The link is a little confusing, the songs themselves are coming back, releasing alongside the normal dlc songs, not the network platform itself.
You will also need to re-purchase the songs due to legal reasons out of their control.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ix-announces-return-of-rock-band-network.aspx

The link is a little confusing, the songs themselves are coming back, releasing alongside the normal dlc songs, not the network platform itself.
You will also need to re-purchase the songs due to legal reasons out of their control.

I feel like this sets a really bad precedence. Like, obviously there was a contract negotiation and it feels like Harmonix capitulated in a pretty major way.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I feel like this sets a really bad precedence. Like, obviously there was a contract negotiation and it feels like Harmonix capitulated in a pretty major way.

I feel like the people still playing are the long time fans and bringing back songs they already purchased only to say you have to buy em again doesn't seem smart to me.

But maybe the will double dip?

SScorpio

I feel like the people still playing are the long time fans and bringing back songs they already purchased only to say you have to buy em again doesn't seem smart to me.

But maybe the will double dip?

But the longtime fans who already own these already have them playable in RB4. The rewinds are for the people who didn't export, or switched platforms ie (360 to PS4). They already did the work to make these work in RB4, might as well relicense them and get a few extra bucks.

NovumAngel

Banned
But the longtime fans who already own these already have them playable in RB4. The rewinds are for the people who didn't export, or switched platforms ie (360 to PS4). They already did the work to make these work in RB4, might as well relicense them and get a few extra bucks.
This article is referring to the Network songs though. These ones couldn't be brought forward even within the same console family due to different licensing than the standard dlc songs.

I'll be honest that I'll probably rebuy the ones that come up, my guitar on ps3 doesn't work properly anymore so it's not like I can just go back and play them on that.

SScorpio

This article is referring to the Network songs though. These ones couldn't be brought forward even within the same console family due to different licensing than the standard dlc songs.

I'll be honest that I'll probably rebuy the ones that come up, my guitar on ps3 doesn't work properly anymore so it's not like I can just go back and play them on that.

Doh, should have read the article. That news was from last week, while this week's just announced DLC are both rewinds. And without the season pass, it's very probable the next two months will be rewind focused.

Needing to buy Rock Band Network songs isn't great, but at least some of those songs will be making the switch over to RB4. I didn't dive heavily into DLC sticking mostly to every export, but I'll probably rebuy the only RBN song I bought if it somehow makes it. I need Bedroom Intruder on RB4 because you betta hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife.

Top Bottom