• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League 2nd Anniversary Update Patch Notes.Patch Notes

Blog

[NEW CONTENT
ARENAS

”Champions Field" is now available in all Playlists, and in Private Matches
”Starbase ARC" has been updated with new visuals and reduced brightness
Boost pads are now standardized in all standard Arenas

CRATES
”Overdrive" Crate has been added
When received, the Overdrive Crate will display as ”Crate - Overdrive" in your inventory
”Champions" Crate Series has been retired

TRAILS
Trails are now available in the Car Customization menu
Trails appear behind the Wheels when your Battle-Car goes SuperSonic
Every player has the ”Classic" Trail by default
More Trails are available in the Overdrive Crate
Black-Market---Fireworks.gif

GOAL EXPLOSIONS

Goal Explosions are now available in the Car Customization menu
Every player has the ”Classic" Goal Explosion by default
New Goal Explosions are available as Common drops after all online and offline matches:
”Standard Green"
”Standard Orange"
”Standard Pink"
”Standard Purple"
More Goal Explosions are available in the Overdrive Crate

ENGINE AUDIO
Engine Audio is now available in the Car Customization menu
You have access to Engine Audio for every Battle-Car you own
The Engine Audio can changed on any Battle-Car in your GA
Licensed Battle-Cars are excluded
Engine Audio for all existing Battle-Cars has been updated
Legacy Engine Audio is still available as an Engine Audio customization option

COMMUNITY FLAGS

”Gfinity" (Updated)
”X Games"
”Monstercat"
ANTENNAS
”J!NX"

DECALS
”Monstercat"

RICK AND MORTY
Rick and Morty items are now available as drops after matches
”Interdimensional GB" Boost
”Sanchez DC-137" Wheel
”Rick" Antenna
”Morty" Antenna
”Cromulon" Topper
”Mr. PBH" Topper
”Mr. Meeseeks" Topper
R-M_All.gif

RLCS SEASON THREE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ATTENDEE ITEM
Players who attended the RLCS Season Three World Championship in June can now redeem their in-game item
Item: ”Decennium Pro" Wheels
To redeem, go to the ”Extras" menu, select ”Redeem Code," and enter your unique code
These wheels are not tradeable

BRISK
Players with a valid code can redeem their Brisk in-game items
Item: ”GA-819 HB" Wheels
Item: ”SWT-T" Decal
To redeem, go to the ”Extras" menu, select ”Redeem Code," and enter your unique code
These items are tradeable

ACHIEVEMENTS AND TROPHIES
Storm Trooper
Equip a Very Rare Item and complete a game in an Arena with turbulent weather
Good Times
Head to Champions Field and complete an Online game
Swap Meet
Trade and receive one or more items with another player in a single transaction
Trade Secret
Trade In five items of the same quality to receive an item of the next-highest quality
Rank Up
Complete all placement matches in any Competitive Playlist
Note: If you are already placed in one or more Competitive Playlists, this achievement should unlock automatically
Coming On Strong
Score or Assist a combined 30 goals or assists in Casual or Competitive Online matches

CHANGES AND UPDATES

GENERAL
Players now have 50 Car Preset slots, up from ten
A ”Change Preset" button has been added to the end of game lobby. You can now change to another Battle-Car preset without exiting a match
”Dodge Deadzone" added to Controls Options.
This setting allows you to control how far you must tilt the controller stick to activate a directional dodge move in the air instead of double jumping.
The default value of 0.5 means you must move the stick at least half of the way towards your intended direction to dodge instead of double jump.
The maximum value of 1.0 means you must move the stick all the way in a direction to trigger a dodge.
Rocket Trails have been renamed Rocket Boosts
Pressing Start when selecting Online Playlists now starts the matchmaking search
The Boost Meter and Rumble Powerup are now displayed when watching a player in Spectator Mode
The Boost Meter and Rumble Powerup now display during Replays
A pop-up window will appear when exiting a match when you have indicated you wanted a replay, but did not save a replay
A ”Maintenance Mode" message has been added to the matchmaking ticker. You will see this only when PsyNet is undergoing maintenance
”High Contrast Nameplates" now default to ON. This can be reverted in the Options Menu

COMPETITIVE SEASON 4
Competitive Season 4 has ended. Titles and items will be awarded for your highest rank achieved during the season. Season 4 Rewards are custom, non-tradeable Trails
”Season 4 - Bronze" Trail
”Season 4 - Silver" Trail
”Season 4 - Gold" Trail
”Season 4 - Platinum" Trail
”Season 4 - Diamond" Trail
”Season 4 - Champion" Trail
”Season 4 Grand Champion" Title
Season 4 Grand Champions will also receive the ”Season 4 - Champion" Trail
Season4_Rewards.gif

COMPETITIVE SEASON 5
Competitive Season 5 has begun
New for Season 5 is the ”Season Reward Level," a new type of Skill Tier progression
Your skill ratings are carried over directly from Season 4 into Season 5
You do not have to play placement games this season
Players will compete against opponents of the same skill ranking to earn wins that count towards your Season 5 Reward Level
Each level requires 12 wins against players of the same Skill Tier or higher
Ex: A Bronze player must win 12 games against Bronze Skill Tier players or higher in order to unlock Bronze-level Season Rewards
Losses do not affect your win count progression

CAR STANDARDIZATION CHANGES
Implemented a new type of car standardization that minimizes differences in handling and hitbox between cars of the same ”type". For this initial release, this affects the following cars:
”Octane" Type: Octane, Octane ZSR, Takumi, Takumi RX-T
”Dominus" Type: Dominus, Dominus GT, Hotshot
”Plank" Type: Batmobile, Mantis, Paladin, Twin Mill, Centio V17
”Breakout" Type: Breakout, Breakout, Animus GP
Note: The Breakout hitbox has been widened slightly. This affects all cars using its standard type.
”Hybrid" Type: Venom, X-Devil, Endo
Note: This is a new type that offers a middle ground between ”Octane"-type and ”Dominus"-type hitboxes.

USER INTERFACE
The ”Find Match" window has been updated
Casual and Competitive Playlist categories are now separated by dedicated tabs
The game will remember your last chosen category
A new ”Recommended" Server Region has replaced the ”Select All" option
Recommended servers are any servers with good ping
Good ping is defined as 100 ms or below
A new warning pop-up message has been added to the trading screen
After you invite a player to trade, a new message will appear with several trade-related disclaimers
Players have the option to disable the message upon first viewing

AUDIO

Engine Audio for all Battle-Cars has been revised (see ”Engine Audio" under ”New Content" above)
The Music Playlist UI has been updated
Rocket League Radio: Players can now select specific soundtrack playlists, or choose all playlists
The ”Rocket League x Monstercat" playlist has been added with 18 new songs

BUG FIXES
GENERAL
Updated Car Bumping and Demolition
Fixed a bug with Car Bumps and Demolishes that could cause them to be ignored at wider collision angles
Fixed an issue where Supersonic FX would stay active despite the car falling below the minimum speed to Demolish opponents
Fixed an issue with ball bounces off of the junctions between curved and flat wall segments. These bounces should now be more consistent than before
Changed car suspension code to reduce the likelihood of getting stuck when driving up curved surfaces
Centers, Saves, and other related stats now work correctly when the ”No Goal Reset" Mutator is active
Ball should no longer get ”stuck" in Free Play Training
Party members that go directly to Free Play Training from the post match screen will no longer prevent Party leaders from matchmaking
Players will no longer receive a matchmaking ban if they leave a Competitive match during the final goal replay
Fixed a bug with the ”Hexed" and ”Snakeskin" decals that changed their look in the v1.34 update.
Wheel effects no longer flicker when browsing or equipping other items in the Garage
Loading screen now correctly displays all information when joining a Rumble or Dropshot match
[Steam] Additional player names in Splitscreen Mode are now correctly displayed in the Party Bar
Duplicate item sound no longer plays when scrolling through items in the Garage
Nitro Crate localization has been updated for Portuguese and Turkish languages
Ball Cannon properly disappears between shots in Custom Training levels
[PS4] Cars with three painted items or more equipped will correctly appears in other Party Member's lobbies
Adjusted the ”Crazy Sandwich" Decal on the Ice Charger
An idle warning now appears when viewing the midgame menu
Appearance of the ball indicator and direction indicator on Aquadome have been adjusted

2nd Birthday and Double droprates

Wow! Wow! Wow! (Chat disabled for 4 seconds.)

It's hard to believe that time has flown by as fast as it has, but sure enough, Rocket League is now officially two years old. What's truly amazing, though, is that the game that you – our community – made such a big success in our first year has become an even bigger one in our second. We have more players, more matches, more modes, and more excitement surrounding Rocket League now than at any other point in our history; and in our minds, the best is yet to come, with plenty of great things planned for the year ahead.

We're not wasting any time, either. Just yesterday, we released our 2nd Anniversary Update, which adds all sorts of new content and features like ‘Champions Field,' customizations for Engine Audio, Goal Explosions, and Supersonic Trails, in addition to a new Crate, the start of Competitive Season 5, new Achievements and Trophies, and plenty of sweet new customization items from one of our favorite television shows, ‘Rick and Morty.'

But that's not all we wanted to do for our second anniversary, which is why we're happy to announce our first-ever Rocket League Double Drop-Rate Weekend! Starting right now (July 6) through Monday, July 10 at 5pm GMT, all uncommon (or greater) free customization items and active Crates will drop more frequently post-match. What's more, your chances of earning a Painted version of an item (in or out of a Crate) are doubled during the promotional period.

There's more to come, of course, as Rocket League as an esport has never been stronger. The first days of Collegiate Rocket League Summer Series are just a few days away, while Season 4 of the Rocket League Championship Series is right around the corner. A massive national tournament is coming this summer to NBC; Rocket League is headed to ESPN and the X Games, and a brand-new Rocket League esports website is coming your way by the end of the year.

We're moving Rocket League to new platforms too. Nintendo Switch will see its version this holiday, a new upgrade patch for Xbox One X is currently in development, and China should see a free-to-play Rocket League before we celebrate our next birthday. And let's not forget about our plans to keep Rocket League one of the most updated games around. Our Fall update is going to be a big one, with all sorts of new features that you have been asking us for on Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, and our forums. We'll have more DLC this calendar year; more quality of life updates planned for the coming months; more Crates; more features; more... well, everything.

But none of this continued success would have been possible without YOU. As a community, you have continued to support and engage us, which continues to drive us forward into year three and beyond. There would be no Rocket League without you, which is why, on behalf of everyone here at Psyonix, we wanted to say THANK YOU once again for all you have done and continue to do for us. See you soon.

-Psyonix

P.S. As this is our new yearly tradition, we have summed up the entirety of Rocket League Year Two in the infographic below. Enjoy the new stats!
rl_year2_infographic.jpg

Is there any way to get keys for these crates other than purchasing them? I don't need anything from them (happy with my plain appearance), but I am curious.

weekev

Banned
Is there any way to get keys for these crates other than purchasing them? I don't need anything from them (happy with my plain appearance), but I am curious.
Curious about this too. Can I trade items for keys or do I need to drop some coinage? If it's coinage I'll wait for Switch.

Shantom

The new crate will be valuable and worth at least a key for the first few days. Trade them away for keys and then open crates once the crates are worth less.

Curious about this too. Can I trade items for keys or do I need to drop some coinage? If it's coinage I'll wait for Switch.
On xbox you can't trade for keys but only other items. On PC and PS4 you can trade for keys. Discord and Reddit are probably the fastest places. The first week these crates will be worth a good amount of keys. Worth trading them if you don't want to open any.

RLExchage
RL trading

Do you get all the lower tier rewards or only the highest achieved?

Lower tier as well.

BigEmil

"More Trails are available in the Overdrive Crate"
"More Goal Explosions are available in the Overdrive Crate"

So we can't get these outside of the shitty micro-transactions? If so fuck off Psyonix getting too greedy can't get free pass no more

Didn't read all of it yet, but very interested in this

“Starbase ARC” has been updated with new visuals and reduced brightness

because I always thought that map was ugly but didn't hear much of anything about it. Wonder if this will make it look a bit better.

So we can't get trails outside of the shitty micro-transactions? If so fuck off Psyonix getting too greedy can't get free pass no more

You get standard colored ones plus the season rewards. You can get other ones from crates. Trade your crates for keys then trade them for trails once the prices drop.

BigEmil

Trails are the season reward for season 4 as well
Is that from ranked or something? I don't play ranked and is it only one?

You get standard colored ones plus the season rewards. You can get other ones from crates. Trade your crates for keys then trade them for trails once the prices drop.
I tried that bullshit such a hassle to find someone who will actually do this smh dropped this crap after a while not worth it, could've easily just put these in normal online play rewards but nah greedy Psyonix with the crates and bullshit

Arttemis

So we can't get these outside of the shitty micro-transactions? If so fuck off Psyonix getting too greedy can't get free pass no more
I absolutely hate their microtransactions model. Paying for lottery tickets is gross.

I'd pay them if I could guarantee the item I want from a crate, and it would be more reasonable to slowly earn lottery keys.

Majukun

pretty much every new cosmetic thing is nowmicrotransaction stuff... if I knew this was their plan, I wouldn't have bought the game since I don't support games with microtransactions

BigEmil

I absolutely hate their microtransactions model. Paying for lottery tickets is gross.

I'd pay them if I could guarantee the item I want from a crate, and it would be more reasonable to slowly earn lottery keys.
They're getting away with this and getting less flak because people like to still think of past Psyonix good rep they had before

If it was other games it would get ripped on so hard much more but Rocket League community is more accepting of this scam

Pisses me off to see another dev team turning to shit tier

huh? What was up with them before?

some of the standard arena's had weird placement on some boosts.

They're getting away with this and less flak because people like to still think of past Psyonix good rep they had before

They get away with it because it's cosmetics and if you just trade your crates away you end up profiting. I make 10-20 keys every time a new crate drops from trading them away then I just buy stuff I want later. People like to focus on what is in the cases but this patch is including a lot of free cosmetic items.

Drifters

Awesome update! Can we ever expect to get the Simpsons and Homers invention car? Oh man.... would LOVE THAT!

Shantom

Is that from ranked or something? I don't play ranked and is it only one?
Yeah, it's only from ranked. You get the one from your highest tier achieved, and all the ones under that. So someone who got as high as plat would get 4 trails once the update goes live.

v1lla21

Awesome update! Can we ever expect to get the Simpsons and Homers invention car? Oh man.... would LOVE THAT!
Simpson items in the game would be dope.

Can't wait to jump on RL!!! I LOVE YOU PSYONIX!!!! 😍😍😍💞💞💞💞💞😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆

MUnited83

For you.
They're getting away with this and getting less flak because people like to still think of past Psyonix good rep they had before

If it was other games it would get ripped on so hard much more but Rocket League community is more accepting of this scam

Pisses me off to see another dev team turning to shit tier

More like a dev team putting a actual way of being able to continue providing amazing support to the game. Those fucking cosmetics wouldn't even exist otherwise. It's also piss easy to trade crates for keys and get what you want.
Shit i've already made more than 3 times the cost of the game because of the crates alone.
If this is "shit tier", hopefully every MP game becomes "shit tier"

Kayant

Some nice QOL improvements there I wonder if dodge deadzone can help with my feelsbackfilp.
Did they patch in real ps4 and pc crossplay still
It's been real since the beginning.

Crossplay doesn't mean Cross parties if that's what you talking about.

Is it just me or is PSN downloading slow like a turtle?

I've got 2GB left and it says 21 hours. Just downloaded on steam and it took 6 minutes. What is this...

For some reason i have serious audio problems now after the patch if I use my headset that goes into the controller. Not good. :/

Top Bottom