• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

Martal

Neo Member
Hey guys, I'm just about to get an electric guitar (no amp though) and Im wondering what would I need to get it set up.
Do I need to have an amp or is the real tone cable enough?

xeris

Hey guys, I'm just about to get an electric guitar (no amp though) and Im wondering what would I need to get it set up.
Do I need to have an amp or is the real tone cable enough?

For Rocksmith you just need the cable. You'll probably want to get an amp eventually, but you'll be fine without it for a bit.

Varna

I used the in-game amp for a bit and it just sounds horrible most of the time. Volume is all over the place with certain tones, sustains don't really, well sustain much and just in general there is something the game does to the guitar sound that I can't quiet put my finger on... there is always a slight bit of delay too.

Anyhow, buying a real amp and a ABY splitter is something everyone should invest in. Everything just feels a lot better.

The Killers Song Pack – $11.99

The Killers “Mr. Brightside” – Eb Standard
The Killers “Runaways” – Eb Standard
The Killers “Somebody Told Me” – Eb Standard (No Rhythm)
The Killers “Spaceman”
The Killers “When You Were Young” – Eb Standard

The Killers Song Pack – $11.99

The Killers “Mr. Brightside” – Eb Standard
The Killers “Runaways” – Eb Standard
The Killers “Somebody Told Me” – Eb Standard (No Rhythm)
The Killers “Spaceman”
The Killers “When You Were Young” – Eb Standard

Really would've loved Jenny is a Friend of Mine just for the bass and All the Things that I've Done. Wouldn't have picked Runaways or Spaceman but at least they didn't pick Humans.

Xyber

I was just playing Carol of the Bells (from the free holiday pack for RS1) and they were a bit sloppy when making it apparently. The solo is a tiny bit out of sync, which is noticeable when slowed down to about 55%. The last couple notes of the hardest section are not in sync at all. Tone is also really low, but that I can fix at least.

And I won't nail that solo anytime soon. :p

My one biggest complaint about the game has always been that it seems like its been pretty iffy on detecting bends. I wish there was a sensitivity setting for that sort of thing.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
its not just the sensitivity, its the fact that bends want you to follow a shape and long sustain that isn't always obvious where the bend starts and finish's within that note specially if that fret is centered on your screen

almost needs a side view of the notes or better way to see where the elevation change is in the sustained note.

So after the longest DLC puzzle ever, the big DLC for the PS4/XB1 launch is....

Killswitch Engage.

Not my thing, probably the right kind of DLC for an already cash-strapped November.

So after the longest DLC puzzle ever, the big DLC for the PS4/XB1 launch is....

Killswitch Engage.

Not my thing, probably the right kind of DLC for an already cash-strapped November.
I would've thought they would get somebody big for DLC or a bunch of singles for the launch of the PS4/XB1 version. I'm not interested in this type of music but with The White Stripes and The Killers over the past few week, I can't complain. Good for fans of the band though.

Xyber

Depending on what songs they pick I might be a bit interested. Played a custom of My Curse that was decent, but wouldn't mind a good version of it.

Killswitch Engage Song Pack ($7.99)

* Killswitch Engage – The End of Heartache (Drop C)
* Killswitch Engage – Holy Diver (Drop C)
* Killswitch Engage – My Curse (Drop C)

I hate stuff like this though

Q: I own the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3/PC/Mac version of the game. Am I eligible for this offer?
A: Not for the free offer, sorry -- it's only valid for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game. However, the Jimi Hendrix content is coming to all six platforms -- all 12 Jimi Hendrix songs will be available as paid DLC content on Xbox 360, PS3, PC, and Mac in December.

Not Rocksmith particular, but business practice in general where 'loyal' customers rarely get rewarded.

I hate stuff like this though

Not Rocksmith particular, but business practice in general where 'loyal' customers rarely get rewarded.

It also transpired that despite Ubisoft PR claiming the digital version would be decently priced, it's an absurd £59.99 on UK PSN. £54 gets you the retail copy and a cable you don't need on Amazon. If they put it up for £39.99 - perfectly reasonable when the US version is 60 dollars, then fine. But nope, the UK has to bend over and take it from the big video game company again.

Really wanted to get the PS3 retired and move on to PS4, but not at that price. Wow.

£60 is way too much. Not a chance I'll pay that for a digital copy that doesn't include the wire. Of course, you could always buy it from the US PSN!

Thanks Lucha,

I had the US original, then the UK 2014 on PS3 - lost a load of DLC moving from one region to the other, wouldn't want to risk that again.

I also received a condescending tweet response from Ubi San Francisco that mentions how it's 'the same on all platforms so may not be a good value to me' but fails to address why the UK download is almost twice the price of the US download. Also Ubi, if the PS4/X1 versions are aimed at new users, hence the retail version only having a cable, why did you make a big deal about the DLC carrying over? How does that benefit the newcomers?

Twats.

Bought it on PS4, finally!

So glad I bought the original cause I can play multiplayer with two cables; Can't wait for Transfer Tool!

Played lead while brother in bass. So good!

I can't wait for all the DLCs to be added on PS4 Store.

Tom Petty Song Pack - $11.99

* “Free Fallin’” – E Standard– Lead/Bass; Capo Required – Rhythm/Alt Lead
* “Learning To Fly” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
* “Refugee” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
* “American Girl” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
* “I Won’t Back Down” – E Standard – Alt Lead/Rhythm/Bass; Open G – Lead”

Getting some serious note detection problems on the ps4 version with double stops. Getting 69% accuracy on Blitzkrieg Bop is pretty ridiculous.

ShamePain

Banned
So how exactly do you deal with sound output on PS4/Xbone? Just use optical? Lastgen had analog output for best lag-free experience, how does it work now?

So how exactly do you deal with sound output on PS4/Xbone? Just use optical? Lastgen had analog output for best lag-free experience, how does it work now?

From what i've read - I have yet to purchase the PS4 version so can't confirm - you need to set the PS4 output to PCM Linear for a lag-free experience.

From what i've read - I have yet to purchase the PS4 version so can't confirm - you need to set the PS4 output to PCM Linear for a lag-free experience.

I didn't have it on PCM Linear so I switched it an I'm still getting the same problem. I've had no problems with single notes, chords, or three note power chords, only repeating 8th note double stops. I don't think it's input lag because I've never had a problem with that but it seems more like the double stops just aren't registering after the first few strums.

someday

Banned
I bought the original game on the x360 and just recently bought Rocksmith 2 for the 360 so I could keep the DLC I've already bought. I don't have an XOne but I do have a PS4. I really want the Jimi Hendrix songs even though I won't be able to play them well for quite a long time but I don't know if I should bite the bullet and get Rocksmith 2 for the PS4. Or should I just buy an XOne now and be done with it? First world problems etc.

I bought the original game on the x360 and just recently bought Rocksmith 2 for the 360 so I could keep the DLC I've already bought. I don't have an XOne but I do have a PS4. I really want the Jimi Hendrix songs even though I won't be able to play them well for quite a long time but I don't know if I should bite the bullet and get Rocksmith 2 for the PS4. Or should I just buy an XOne now and be done with it? First world problems etc.

Well the real question is. How much DLC did you buy?

someday

Banned
Well the real question is. How much DLC did you buy?

Not a ton but maybe 4 packs and a few singles. Mostly, they are songs that I really want to keep. I could buy them all again but I don't want to have to. Honestly I'll probably just buy and Xbox One. I just wasn't planning on it for a while and this Rocksmith 2 announcement has changed my plans.

sladeums

If you are looking at moving to PS4 or XB1, GameStop's Black Friday ad has Rocksmith 2014 (all platforms) on sale for $49.99, Friday only.

Foo Fighters II Song Pack – $11.99

Foo Fighters “Learn To Fly”
Foo Fighters “Long Road To Ruin”
Foo Fighters “Monkey Wrench” – Drop D
Foo Fighters “The Pretender”
Foo Fighters “Rope”

Ok im looking to buy this and get ahold of the black friday deal on gamestop. But one question, I can play on PS4 and PC which one do you recommend? Also if I buy on PS4 can I later buy the PC version and use the cable that came with the PS4 Version?

Xyber

Ok im looking to buy this and get ahold of the black friday deal on gamestop. But one question, I can play on PS4 and PC which one do you recommend? Also if I buy on PS4 can I later buy the PC version and use the cable that came with the PS4 Version?

Same cable for all versions (think that's the case for the new versions as well).

I would say the PC version since I've seen some complaints about the audio lag on PS4. It's easier to get a perfect experience on PC. And then you have custom songs if you want to try that.

Same cable for all versions (think that's the case for the new versions as well).

I would say the PC version since I've seen some complaints about the audio lag on PS4. It's easier to get a perfect experience on PC. And then you have custom songs if you want to try that.
Awesome. Is the install on PC one time? Do I have to leave the disc inside the PC?

Xyber

Awesome. Is the install on PC one time? Do I have to leave the disc inside the PC?

If it's the same as the first game, you only use the disc to install it through steam and then you don't need it again.

Edit: It's always something with the DLC when I want it! :p
This time it only downloaded Monkey Wrench from the pack after I bought it. Right now I can see Monkey Wrench, Rope and The Pretender. The rest will probably pop up soon as well hopefully but it's too late to play them anyway.

Anyway, here's my first run through Monkey Wrench. Haven't uploaded a sightread for a song in forever, but I did good enough in this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVnI6-KzsFk

next DLC is one of these

pGNfOGV.png

So basically it's one of these:

Bon Jovi
Bullet for My Valentine
Def Leppard
Dire Straits
Linkin Park
Mötley Crüe
Nirvana
Queens Of The Stone Age
Rage Against The Machine