• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

III-V

Verifying is system level, not part of RS -

This worked, thanks.

In other news, does anyone have a tip for cheating the tone.

I have a G&L with a really big fat strat sound. My les paul copy is in pieces in the middle of a rebuild and I would really like better tone for ABB Jessica.

Even playing softly it sounds way over driven as the pups are pretty hot.

Any ideas?

They were fairly big in Canada.

I don't think a lot of the frat boy reggae rock made an impact in the UK it seems...

All Mixed Up is going to be a must buy for bassists

Haha, we don't even have frat boys over here. We prefer to stand around red postboxes while we sip tea and eat scones for our recreational fun.

Haha, we don't even have frat boys over here. We prefer to stand around red postboxes while we sip tea and eat scones for our recreational fun.
What do chavs usually listen to? I kinda liken them to frat boy types or are they more like guidos?

Edit: looks like the 3rd song is a Jack Johnson track... Bummer.

What do chavs usually listen to? I kinda liken them to frat boy types or are they more like guidos?

Jack Johnson? Um... yeah. Hopefully the last track will be something I'm interested in, I respect the Satch but he's not really my thing.

Chavs are a UK-only phenomena, I believe. Not usually regarded as connoisseurs of musical taste. Or fashion sense. Or intelligence.

OTOH people have been asking for acoustic jams and tbh the reaction to the Jack Johnson reveal has been way more positive than I ever expected

jumper

idon'tbelieveyou.gif

Was 311 a big deal on the other side of the pond? Nobody cared here. I only know Down because I was a frequent 'MTV's America's Top 20' watcher back in the 90's.

I had to rage quit RS earlier because I fucking suuuuuucked. Whatever I touched turned to shit. I guess it just wasn't meant to be today...

311 was pretty popular for a while, yeah. And I thought the 311 pack was pretty good - had two songs I wanted most - Beautiful Disaster and Amber.

311 was pretty popular for a while, yeah. And I thought the 311 pack was pretty good - had two songs I wanted most - Beautiful Disaster and Amber.

I'm glad you came in here to defend 311 and not Chavs.

Our boy Toy (I presume) tweeted that the remaining song begins with an 'L' and is by and artist that begins with a 'J'.

A scan through my iTunes gives me:

Jeff Buckley - Lover You Should've Come Over or Lilac Wine (Last Goodbye already in)
Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Jack White - Love Interruption or Lazaretto.

Anyone got any good guesses?

Variety Pack IX – $9.99

* 311 “All Mixed Up”
* Jack Johnson “Banana Pancakes”
* James Bay “Let It Go” – D Standard [Lead/Rhythm] / C# Standard [Bass]
* Joe Satriani “Surfing with the Alien”

Variety Pack IX – $9.99

* 311 ”All Mixed Up"
* Jack Johnson ”Banana Pancakes"
* James Bay ”Let It Go" – D Standard [Lead/Rhythm] / C# Standard [Bass]
* Joe Satriani ”Surfing with the Alien"

James Bay and Jack Johnson in the same pack?? I think i'll stick to my Persona 5 habit this week.

I would kill for some Joy Division

Yup. I'd love to dust off the bass for some Peter Hook bass lines. But here's James Bay, something that sounds like it came from X-Factor instead! Please be excited. It's almost as if these variety packs exist just mop up the dreck that won't go anywhere else.

what this game is really missing is user submitted tunes

I'd imagine there's copyright headaches there. If the song creators had a fair cut of any profits, great.

Next week -

Bob Marley & The Wailers

5 Pack

Is This Love
???
???
???
???

I'm surprised we did't see this sooner after Three Little Birds turned up in Remastered. Personally I've never been much of a Bob Marley fan, might pick up You Could Be Loved if it's in though.

I'm a big maybe. I don't mind his music if it's on but I don't really listen to his stuff. I'll check the trailer when it's out and see if the songs look fun to play.

I'm a big maybe. I don't mind his music if it's on but I don't really listen to his stuff. I'll check the trailer when it's out and see if the songs look fun to play.

Jammin' would be a tempting pick up but yeah, my exposure to Marley was a compilation tape my dad used to have in the car back in the 80's. He's not someone I've ever really been motivated to listen to on my own volition.

I'm glad they've got a decent reggae pack in though, maybe they'll hit us up with some more funk soon.

Bob Marley and the Wailers – $11.99

* Bob Marley and the Wailers “Buffalo Soldier”
* Bob Marley and the Wailers “Could You Be Loved” – Drop D [Alt. Lead]
* Bob Marley and the Wailers “Is This Love”
* Bob Marley and the Wailers “No Woman, No Cry”
* Bob Marley and the Wailers “Redemption Song” – Alt. Lead

Royal Blood

Figure it Out
???
???

Don't get the fuss, Royal Blood is incredibly bland.

Bob Marley and the Wailers – $11.99

* Bob Marley and the Wailers ”Buffalo Soldier"
* Bob Marley and the Wailers ”Could You Be Loved" – Drop D [Alt. Lead]
* Bob Marley and the Wailers ”Is This Love"
* Bob Marley and the Wailers ”No Woman, No Cry"
* Bob Marley and the Wailers ”Redemption Song" – Alt. Lead

No Jammin no cry...

Royal Blood, they are a duo from the UK where the Bassist has his output going through a Bass and Guitar Amps with various effects. They sound a bit like Muse

Royal Blood – $7.99

* Royal Blood “Figure It Out” – Alt. Lead
* Royal Blood “Little Monster” – Lead [E Standard] / C Standard [Bass/Rhythm/Alt. Lead/Alt. Bass]
* Royal Blood “Out of the Black” – D Standard

Mix Tape Song Pack (May be a sneaky Guardians of the Galaxy pack like the sneaky Tony Hawks pack, TBC).

David Bowie: Moonage Daydream
???
???
???
???

http://theriffrepeater.com/speculation-rocksmith-newsletter-hints-may-dlc-2017/

GuLCwwb.png

I just went to watch the new Guardians movie, easily my favourite of the many Marvel movies Disney have churned out. And I wasn't that into the first one. Recommended...

Band that found their name at a seafood restaurant? Must be an easy clue to figure out with a google. I'll be right back...

Mix Tape Song Pack (May be a sneaky Guardians of the Galaxy pack like the sneaky Tony Hawks pack, TBC).

David Bowie: Moonage Daydream
Marvin Gaye: Ain't No Mountain High Enough
Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
Raspberries - Go All The Way
Blue Suede - Hooked On A Feeling

I'll pick up Bowie, but that's it.

Mix Tape Song Pack – $11.99

* Blue Swede “Hooked On A Feeling” – Alt. Lead
* David Bowie “Moonage Daydream”
* Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” – Alt. Lead
* Raspberries “Go All The Way”
* Redbone “Come And Get Your Love”

The clue thread over on the Ubi forum doesn't seem to be moving much. It seems that everyone on there has convinced themselves Billy Joel is coming, despite no confirmation from the RS staff.

I'll update this post when the artist is revealed.

Sheryl Crow Song Pack - $7.99

Soak Up The Sun
My Favourite Mistake
If It Makes You Happy

I'm going to smash any musical credibility I may have gathered into pieces by stating I will buy My Favourite Mistake if it's in.

Soak Up The Sun is garbage though, out of her many songs that should have been bottom of the list for inclusion. All I Wanna Do is a dead cert, surely?

EDIT: Facebook suggests I will be honouring the above and buying a Sheryl Crow song.

Second EDIT: A poster on the Ubi forum has spoiler tagged the full pack, because these things count as spoilers now apparently? Anyway, I've added All I Wanna Do to the... wait... If It Makes You Happy? Um, ok I did not expect that.

Sheryl Crow Song Pack – $7.99

* Sheryl Crow “If It Makes You Happy” – Alt. Lead / Alt. Rhythm
* Sheryl Crow “My Favorite Mistake” – Alt. Lead
* Sheryl Crow “Soak Up The Sun” – Capo Required [Rhythm]

I've heard of them and even know Jerry Garcia is (or was?) a member. I can't name any of their songs though. I presume I'll see the preview video and go "oooooh, they did that song!" or something.

The people who love Grateful Dead really love Grateful Dead. The rest of the world is pretty indifferent about them.

Top Bottom