• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games Announces 4 New Versions of L.A. Noire coming November 14, 2017

Interfectum

So, uh, did the have the source code laying around and someone went to see if it still compiled and they were like "wow shit still works, lets port this or something."

PrinceKee

I'm excited to play this again. I was just wanting backwards compatibility on Xbox one, but a remaster in 4k in there day one...

foxbeldin

0dRKA5.gif

derFeef

So, uh, did the have the source code laying around and someone went to see if it still compiled and they were like "wow shit still works, lets port this or something."

Yeah that's basically how it works.
They set renderTarget x2, add enhanceScenes and done.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
I would have preferred GTAV for the Switch but I'll buy this since it looks like Switch is my "main" console now. (How the hell did that happen?)

Oh that's right. The black and white mode was dumb because doors with gold handles meant the player could use them, but couldn't be seen in that mode.

I have yet to play any games that felt improved because of gyro camera controls.

It can improve some games. L.A. noire's mechanics is never fully fleshed out to where gyro is gonna vastly improve it. The criticisms of the game back then were that most of them felt unnecessary and got in the way of the real meat of the game which is interrogating suspects.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is the only new game Rockstar have announced this generation. I'm sure it will be worth it but I'm a tad disappointed in Rockstar, we are four years in, I expected at least another new game by now or one we know about.

KageMaru

Curious to see what graphical enhancements are on the Switch version.

Didn't buy this last gen but may check it out now.

4K on Pro, according to the PS Blog.

I think that site also claimed lawbreakers was 4K, so I'd wait for a pixel count. The system should be able to run it at 4K but I don't think that site is reliable.

atr0cious

I have yet to play any games that felt improved because of gyro camera controls.
Every 3d game controlled with a controller is literally better. Playing mgsv with them is a dream, and they're the only reason I could keep up with platinum and diamond players in r6 seige on pc.

z0m3le

Banned
With all these third party games coming in November, I wonder if we will get a third party direct sometime near the end of October or the beginning of November.

I always want them to do it around Space World time, but this month we should definitely be hearing about a lot of new titles thanks to TGS and before the holidays is the perfect time for a major 3rd party direct, maybe secret November game for Nintendo too, Reggie did say there were unannounced games coming this year still iirc.

Asd202

Red Dead Redemption 2 is the only new game Rockstar have announced this generation. I'm sure it will be worth it but I'm a tad disappointed in Rockstar, we are four years in, I expected at least another new game by now or one we know about.

I wonder how good RDR2 will be it's entirely possible that this will be the only new game from Rockstar this gen...

AllGamer

They said it for PS4 and Xbox One because they were specifying the improvements of playing on PS4 Pro. Don't make up facts, we'll find out what the Switch runs at soon enough.

L.A. Noire for the Nintendo Switch features the complete original game and all additional downloadable content, with specific enhancements including a Joy-Con mode with gyroscopic, gesture-based controls, HD rumble and new wide and over-the-shoulder camera angles, plus contextual touch screen controls for portable detective work.

They also specified the enhancements on Switch. If it were 1080p they certainly would have mentioned it, no reason not to.

Arttemis

I loved this game! I can't wait to see the updated graphics, and the best part is that I've forgotten all the case specifics and only played one of the DLC cases so I'm in for a completely fresh run!

Squire

Banned
Well, look at that, seems like NateDrake was right after all!

Is this a good game? Never seems to have had a hold on public discours from what I have seen.

It's not really a good game, but it recreates a time and place far better than so many others. As someone that's lived in LA their whole life, the game is eerie, even taking place 50 years before I was born. I can go to the street where my mom works, but it's 30 years before the company was even founded. The central library looks exactly the same now as it did way back then. Things like that. It's nuts.

Aesthetically the game is off the charts.

I wonder how good RDR2 will be it's entirely possible that this will be the only new game from Rockstar this gen...

Another GTA around 2019 wouldn't surprise me with GTA Online character transfer. That's fine, I like those games but with each gen I would like something new from them, a new IP especially from a talent like Rockstar. Even revisiting older IP like Bully or Manhunt.

The logo's font change is what caught my eye most.

logo-la_noire-654x158.png

From gritty, hard boiled to smooth and stylish. Wonder if that's just for the announcement or a new direction.

I really enjoyed the game. Might just pick it up again.

Shiggy

From gritty, hard boiled to smooth and stylish. Wonder if that's just for the announcement or a new direction.

It's closer to the original logo again:
LA-Noire.jpg

If that's the new box art in the OP, it's well better. Looks more stylish and eye catching.

That is the same as its always been.

WPqgYPz.jpg

[EDIT] Oh gotcha, you were posting the old one.

Catdaddy

Great news! I've been waiting for BC for the XB1, because I'd given up all hope of a remaster. I figured they all but abandoned the franchise.

The individual cases were pretty OK stuff way back then but the overarching story felt like it was missing half of it and ended up a complete mess. Characters did, in my opinion, completely unmotivated stuff as the game progressed.

So it sounds like the Switch version isn't getting any of the graphical enhancements that the ps4 and xb1 versions are getting. That's a shame.

Top Bottom