• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games Announces 4 New Versions of L.A. Noire coming November 14, 2017

Haven't played Shenmue, but being a fan of film noir, for me it was awesome just getting to see L.A. recreated in that time period. Aesthetically everything is spot on, the clothes, the cars, the products, everything. Gameplay wise it's a little mediocre, but serviceable. The story kind of has its ups and down but I really enjoyed it, and it definitely has many of the hallmarks of film noir. If you've never played it certainly give it a shot!

This is exactly what I wanted to hear, sold!

Rellik

And why the f not?

Guys, why is no one talking about why there's no mention of updating the PC version?

Because a free update earns them no money. That's my guess. (Plus Rockstar's weird relationship with PC)

I have it on PC and Xbox 360 and I found the PC version so bad that I went back and replayed on the 360. It definitely needs an update.

Bandit1

Agree with bandit. It's not as exciting as something like GTA V, but the mood and feel are amazing. Also LA Noire has the best main menu music ever made.

Yep, music is great, been listening to the soundtrack the last couple days. Also the radio while you're driving around. Lots of old songs from the period and maybe even a few radio programs thrown in there as well I think.

Some weeks ago I bought the Xbox one version of gta 5 in the hopes of a future Xbox Enhanced update. I already own the PS4 version and had the Xbox 360 version on disc from some years back.

Rockstar, you need to deliver an enhanced Gta 5 update and honor all the purchases. It's your responsibility. I have almost forgiven you for not delivering any story dlc for gta 5. An enhanced X1X and ps4 pro update would make me replay the whole game again once more and certainly make me more interested in Gta Online than what I was some years back on ps4.

bman94

I played LA Noir a few years ago for the first time I think around 2015. I really liked it. Aside from one baffling character trait that happened in the story I enjoyed every part of it. I liked figuring out mysteries and I loved the atmosphere. I'm down for a second playthrough.

I had to see footage before I decide which version to get. If the Switch specific features are substantial enough I may go there. But if the graphical upgrade is like, Until Dawn or Uncharted 4 quality on the PS4 I'm definitely getting it on there.

Petrae

I remember falling for this game's hype 6 years ago. The game looked great. It had the R* logo on it. The game was seemingly everywhere... so I (foolishly) bit on it.

I'm six years wiser. Even for my AAA-starved Switch, I know better-- especially for $50. I'll stick with my X360 copy if I feel the need to tediously stare at a perp's face for some subtle tic.

N-Forced

Neo Member
I guess this is the reason they wouldn't make this backwards compatible on xbox one? Been wanting to replay this on my one s since I already have this on 360 but don't want to have to re-buy the game, might eventually pick it up on ps4 if the price drops enough.

Bandit1

I'm actually kind of surprised how excited I am for this. I platinumed it on PS3, heard rumors of the remaster a couple months ago and thought - na, surely not. - but it kind of made me want to do another playthrough. Glad I didn't, now I'm checking Amazon a couple of times a day to see if it's up for preorder yet haha.

Rellik

I played LA Noir a few years ago for the first time I think around 2015. I really liked it. Aside from one baffling character trait that happened in the story I enjoyed every part of it. I liked figuring out mysteries and I loved the atmosphere. I'm down for a second playthrough.

I had to see footage before I decide which version to get. If the Switch specific features are substantial enough I may go there. But if the graphical upgrade is like, Until Dawn or Uncharted 4 quality on the PS4 I'm definitely getting it on there.

Says a lot that I know exactly what you're talking about with this line. Such a weird part of the story.

I'm actually kind of surprised how excited I am for this. I platinumed it on PS3, heard rumors of the remaster a couple months ago and thought - na, surely not. - but it kind of made me want to do another playthrough. Glad I didn't, now I'm checking Amazon a couple of times a day to see if it's up for preorder yet haha.

I wonder if the trophies will be the same. I got all the achievements on the 360 and don't remember it being too difficult to do.

Bandit1

Says a lot that I know exactly what you're talking about with this line. Such a weird part of the story.

I'm guessing we're talking about
Cole's affair/infidelity? Definitely wish we would have seen more of Cole's home life and fleshed that out a bit more.

I wonder if the trophies will be the same. I got all the achievements on the 360 and don't remember it being too difficult to do.

Yeah it wasn't too bad or I wouldn't have gotten it lol. I think it was mostly collectible-type trophies. The film reels, clues, cars, stuff like that.

Toni

Agree with bandit. It's not as exciting as something like GTA V, but the mood and feel are amazing. Also LA Noire has the best main menu music ever made.

Actually, no.

That's the Ballad of Gay Tony.

Rockstar North managed to create something akin to TBoGT's vibes with GTA5 menu music, but have failed thus far to recreate something on the same caliber.

https://youtu.be/atha8XPhkuQ

I could sit and listen to that menu music all day everyday and never grow tired of it.

Perfection.gif

Nilaul

How is this game going to use up a 32 GB card on the switch when the complete edition barely takes up 13gb on PC? I thought 16GB cards are available too?

I lost interest part way into LA Noire after finding out none of your choices matter in the grand scheme of things.

Something about Rockstar San Diego not knowing how the engine really worked after GTA IV, which made them break it.

They had to call the Benz.

It wasn't that they didn't know how the engine worked, Rockstar SD was responsible for RAGE IIRC but that the game itself was a complete mess production wise, including a supposed lack of documentation of the source code. The production being a train wreck for so long due to incompetent management is what prompted bringing in the Benz to save the project from the darkness IIRC.

This works for me and I have never played the game before but have always wanted to. Funny story actually, I just downloaded this for PC yesterday to finally play it and put it down when I saw how badly the game has aged. Now with better visuals, I should have no problem!

Yes, but what will the home icon be like?

Hopefully something minimalist and tasteful.

lan-switch-fob-rgb-duk7svm-1_skud.jpg

Md Ray

Remember buying physical copy for PC, only recently (about 1.5 years ago), and getting bored of it very early on in the game, unfortunately. Will give it another go today.

sappyday

I'll probably get it when it's cheap since I really liked it when it came out but I feel like I won't like it the second time around. I even platinum the game but it wasn't that fun.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Well damn. If they can get this mess of a game running in VR and remastered, we really should see a Red Dead Redemption Remaster at some point. No excuse not to really.

Rellik

Well damn. If they can get this mess of a game running in VR and remastered, we really should see a Red Dead Redemption Remaster at some point. No excuse not to really.

Again, go read the articles on how Red Dead was put together. The game was a disaster and the code is held together by sticky tape. I think that's a pretty big and legit reason for why they won't remaster it or put it on PC.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Low key one of the most gorgeous Switch box arts yet.

lan-switch-fob-rgb-duk7svm-1_skud.jpg

Good box, wish there was a version without the console branding. It really takes away from the overall look.

and Virtuous Games ? .. ok I guess .. Tidus model aside, their FFX remaster was pretty decent.

Top Bottom