• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games coming to Gamescom (no public booth)

ekim

http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/en/gamescom/ausstellersuche/suche/suche.php?&fw_goto=aussteller/details&&kid=0040087282&values={%22start%22%3A420}}

untitled2i3aou.png

http://gamescom.insidetradeshow.com/exhibitors/rockstar-games-c-slash-o-take-two-interactive-gmbh

untitledw9xzs.png

First I thought they will probably just show off GTAV (they might do on Take-Two's public booth) but with a rather large booth in the business area we may see an announcement of a new game - probably at Sony's press conference.
Agent? Bully 2? Read Dead Rebellion?

Why skip E3 but come to Gamescom?

Weird decision.Are they actually going to show anything new? I don't expect much more than a new trailer for GTAV. I suppose that would be enough.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, I'm thinking game announcement. There's been all the trademark filings from 2K the last two weeks and now this?

They're not demoing GTA V publicly. No chance.

rvy

Banned
Why skip E3 but come to Gamescom?

Weird decision.Are they actually going to show anything new? I don't expect much more than a new trailer for GTAV. I suppose that would be enough.

Rockstar likes Yurop over 'Murica.

GTA V for PS4 announcement.

One of the years at Gamescom they showed the PS3 DLC for GTA IV well before they officially announced it. Maybe they're there to show GTA V to some European press.

Don't hold out for anything. Seriously.

No public booth, but there's a business room among Take Two's business booth (it's equally split between Rockstar and 2K, which is more of a booth than a business room).

Rockstar's 'business room' is only held for retailers, no press (or at least very little). Last time I was at gamescom, retailers were there to see LA Noire PC and Max Payne 3. I'd expect nothing to change except for whats being seen: Grand Theft Auto V. I wouldn't expect Agent/Red Dead Redemption 2/Bully 2 whatever.

UrbanRats

I'm thinking:

2013 - GTAV
2014 - Bully 2
2015 - RDR2
2016 - Agent

My reasoning is that Agent is developed by R* North, which has been working on GTAV up until now and it'll need a couple of years to reboot that.
2015 would be 5 years after RDR's release date, which is the average time it takes them to develop an open world game now.
That leaves us with next year and, since there's been some Bully 2 talk, it could be that one.

Of course there's also LA Noire and Max Payne.
Max Payne probably died with 3, and LA Noire was never really THEIR game to begin with, so they'll probably reboot that one, too.

And this is all assuming they keep their "1 title a year" pipeline.

GTA 5 on PC announcement?

Nope.

Announcing their 2014 game?

Nope!

Ha ha, time for Agent!

NOOOOPE! Nothing! Is! Happening! See what I posted earlier below.

Don't hold out for anything. Seriously.

No public booth, but there's a business room among Take Two's business booth (it's equally split between Rockstar and 2K, which is more of a booth than a business room).

Rockstar's 'business room' is only held for retailers, no press (or at least very little). Last time I was at gamescom, retailers were there to see LA Noire PC and Max Payne 3. I'd expect nothing to change except for whats being seen: Grand Theft Auto V. I wouldn't expect Agent/Red Dead Redemption 2/Bully 2 whatever.

Jb

Doesn't Rockstar usually wait for their games whose release date is known to come out before announcing their next title? Especially if it's a very anticipated game like Red Dead or Bully, wouldn't it make more sense for them to wait for October and unveil it in Gameinformer?

If they announce GTA for next gen I'll scream with happiness, a new game announcement (next gen red dead?) would be better, but it won't happen.

It might be the MP reveal :(

GlamFM

Banned
Previews for the european press I assume.

Would probably be too expansive to bring them all over to NYC.

SJRB

Gold Member
If they announce GTA for next gen I'll scream with happiness, a new game announcement (next gen red dead?) would be better, but it won't happen.

It might be the MP reveal :(

From a business perspective it makes zero sense to announce a next-gen port of GTAV one month before release.

- release a game
- ride the wave of money piling in
- announce next gen port
- ride a new wave of money piling in

From a business perspective it makes zero sense to announce a next-gen port of GTAV one month before release.

- release a game
- ride the wave of money piling in
- announce next gen port
- ride a new wave of money piling in
That's why I expect the MP reveal, a new game from them wouldn't be a great idea until after GTA either.

As mentioned. It is for retailers and business people. I was in the room one year and saw some early stuff from L.A. Noire and Episodes from Liberty City, and the entire room was just business dudes.

Nothing will come of it in terms of public information.

Top Bottom