• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games introduces GTA+ on GTA:O

lem0n

For only $5.99 a month you can have exclusive access to shit that's already in the game.

Edit for "features"

• GTA$500,000 delivered automatically to your Maze Bank Account.
  • The Principe Deveste Eight — along with a complimentary Hao’s Special Works upgrade for it before it is made available to purchase by the general public — plus the HSW Orange Trip and HSW CMYK Glitch Liveries.
  • The Auto Shop located in La Mesa, introduces an assortment of gameplay updates from Los Santos Tuners. Current Auto Shop owners can relocate to La Mesa at no additional cost.
  • Waived LS Car Meet Membership fees. Current LS Car Meet members with GTA+ will be reimbursed GTA$50,000 during this event period.
  • Yacht owners can upgrade to the Aquarius Super Yacht at no additional cost.
  • The Gussét Frog Tee and Broker Prolaps Basketball Top and Shorts automatically added to your wardrobe.
  • The Conveyor Livery for the Mammoth Avenger, HVY APC, and TM-02 Khanjali.
  • A selection of free paints and emblems for the Auto Shop.
  • 3X GTA$ and RP on Hao’s Special Works Race Series.
  • 2X Car Meet Rep on the Street Race Series.

Last edited:

YCoCg

GTA+ is a new membership program exclusively for GTA Online on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S — launching on March 29 and providing easy access to a range of valuable benefits for both new and long-standing players on the latest generation consoles.

Being a GTA+ Member gets you a recurring monthly GTA$500,000 direct deposit to your Maze Bank account, plus the opportunity to claim properties in and around Los Santos that unlock gameplay updates you may have missed out on, special vehicle upgrades, Member-only discounts, GTA$ and RP bonuses, and more each month.
That's not all folks!

GTA+ Members can also take advantage of special GTA+ Shark Cards that provide extra bonus cash from the PlayStation Store on the PS5 or Microsoft Store.

Every month, GTA+ will deliver a new set of exclusive rewards for Members to claim. Just go to Legendary Motorsport, Hao’s Special Works, Maze Bank Foreclosures, DockTease, and other stores found in the GTA Online web browser to obtain and enjoy each period’s Member benefits before they expire — and all GTA+ benefits are provided in addition to our regular GTA Online events, which will continue as normal for all players.

Seriously, not a joke.

kyliethicc

Snoop Dogg Lol GIF

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
In what universe was GTA:O not already P2W?

Before we start a 20 page discussion about it, no, P2W does not literally mean you're paying to win the game, we get it, it should be called something else and you're not the first person to think of that

wvnative

The sad part is, and I know this won't be popular opinion here, is that I've actually lately been discussing with my buddy that I think a monthly sub for games like GTA would be a great idea and could solve a lot of issues and I've been encouraging this.

Think: Pay a monthly sub, get boosted cash payouts, private servers with business management enabled, monthly payments to your maze bank account, and hopefully more frequent QOL updates and bug fixes. Great idea to make the game more enjoyable for people like me and casuals can still enjoy the game without paying...

But after reading the article...this is a fucking scam. FF14 this ain't. Just some more Hao's garage BS, doesn't look like across the board payout boosts, just a different bonus each month which even if the payouts are awesome doesn't solve the issue of this and RDO trying to railroad you into a single mode for a month straight leading to stagnation.

In summary, I actually LIKE the idea, but in typical western publishing fashion...shit execution.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
For only $5.99 a month you can have exclusive access to shit that's already in the game.

I LOVE your wording here. This is nuts!

MiguelItUp

This is absolutely stupid. I wish people wouldn't support this, and they will. Fucking idiots.

This honestly really concerns me, because I feel if it's successful (and it very well will be), then we're gonna start seeing all these other studios doing the same thing. This is gross.

I think this confirms for me that they're potentially going to make online it's own thing and give it a massive overhaul soon, like Fortnite. I can picture GTA:O version 3.0 looking and behaving entirely different from GTA V with new areas and content, especially since it has it's own client at this point. Who knows maybe they'll incorporate some of the RP elements from that popular mod.

wvnative

I think this confirms for me that they're potentially going to make online it's own thing and give it a massive overhaul soon, like Fortnite. I can picture GTA:O version 3.0 looking and behaving entirely different from GTA V with new areas and content, especially since it has it's own client at this point. Who knows maybe they'll incorporate some of the RP elements from that popular mod.

I'm fine with it if they would ACTUALLY overhaul the game...but it's clear they aren't willing to go that far.

Top Bottom