• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games introduces GTA+ on GTA:O

I'm fine with it if they would ACTUALLY overhaul the game...but it's clear they aren't willing to go that far.
Maybe, maybe not. Their latest content feels like they've been taking baby steps towards an overhaul. This subscription service would make perfect sense for it.

NeoGiffer

4qvj0e.jpg

wvnative

Maybe, maybe not. Their latest content feels like they've been taking baby steps towards an overhaul. This subscription service would make perfect sense for it.

PS5/Series X was imo their chance to overhaul it and they didn't.

I just tweet stormed, but i'll reiterate here what I think would make it worth it.

1. Enable business management in private servers

2. Reduced cooldown timers

3. Literally everything you do that pays money needs to have its cash payout doubled, EVERYTHING.

4. All car upgrades free

5. That monthly payout they promised each month needs to be a full $1,000,000, not $500,000.

wvnative

Is this decision made by Rockstar or T2 making them do this?

after dan house leaves rockstar, the studio failing.
It's such a secretive company I have no idea and have been wondering this for years.

I'm leaning towards T2, but it's entirely possible Rockstar's studio management is poisoned.

I just tweet stormed, but i'll reiterate here what I think would make it worth it.

3. Literally everything you do that pays money needs to have its cash payout doubled, EVERYTHING.

4. All car upgrades free

5. That monthly payout they promised each month needs to be a full $1,000,000, not $500,000.
You're most likely right. I just keep thinking 'why introduce a long term subscription service this late into things?' and that's why my gut feeling is telling me an overhaul is likely coming.

Ristifer

4. All car upgrades free

But this would require effort.

amigastar

R* is becoming the company that they’ve satirized and mocked in their own games.
Sad times...

Found this, broke my heart a little bit more:

FOtYSBeXEAEoayS
Yeah, it saddens me also that in 9 years we got only one GTA which Rockstar is milking it to the max.

Rambone

I might be the minority here but I think this offer is worth it.

+ 500,000 GTA$
+ Free Property (This month is the Auto Shop)
+ Upgrade to the most expensive Yacht for free
+ Free clothing
+ Free liveries for various vehicles
+ Free Car fully pimped out with Hao's Special Works upgrades and released early to GTA+ members.
+ Various re-imbursements
+ Featured bonus payouts for certain missions.
+ Extra bump in bonus money you get for Shark Cards
+ Can cancel at anytime, so just sub if the monthly offer interests you, claim, cancel and then re-up the next month if you like the offers.

All of this for 5.99, for me this is a no brainer as there is far more value in what they are giving me vs what they are asking for in return. I can skip out on the Starbucks once a month for this...

8BiTw0LF

Banned
I've received ~12 million for the past year as a PS+ subscriber. GT+ will give me 6 million in a year.

Am I missing something, or is this really a shitty deal? lol

Fbh

Smart. Get the the complains out of the way now and then when you launch GTA6 with something like this people will already be used to GTA online having an optional subscription.

I think this might be a bit short sighted. I wonder if these actions will leave a bad taste prior to gta6. Probably not but it would be nice if it did

It's GTA.
They could launch an update that intentionally burns down your PC/Console and GTA6 would still sell like 50 million units at launch.
Rockstar/Take Two are finally embracing the fact that GTA is on the same tier as Pokemon, it's so popular with so many generations of players that they can pretty much do whatever the fuck they want and it will sell.

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
I remember paying for a copy of GTAV. Never finished it. What a trash game. Learnt my lesson with RDR2. Still played it though.

Notabueno

Banned
They're beta-testing an online-only, maybe cloud-only, subscription based GTA6 with mtx...as predicted, they're going to be the forerunner of the post-console game streaming dystopia

Last edited:

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
lmao this is pretty wild. Can someone summarize what benefits does this provide

People will defend this. If I've learned anything from reading posts on Gaf for the last month, I've leaned that it's okay to charge for shit that's already in the game as long as you can point at another game that also does it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom