• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story |OT| They rebel - SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timu

That music sounds great.

Also if possible I'll be on the look out for any more reactions, though we are getting more in a day or 2 as the premiere is tomorrow.

kevin1025

Banned
How dare you insult Caravan of Courage.

I'm a Battle For Endor man myself.

That music sounds great.

Also if possible I'll be on the look out for any more reactions, though we are getting more in a day or 2 as the premiere is tomorrow.

I wonder if the premiere falls under the Tuesday embargo, as well. Didn't they randomly invite hundreds into adjacent theatres that were outside fans last year?

Timu

I wonder if the premiere falls under the Tuesday embargo, as well. Didn't they randomly invite hundreds into adjacent theatres that were outside fans last year?
I would hope not as we tend to get reactions way before the embargo lifts on most movies. And spoilers, I remember TFA being spoiled like crazy days before it came out in this month last year.

My dad and I are very excited to see this together, my dad more so than me though based on what I've seen in some of the trailers. This movie could be unique Star Wars-y action set piece one after the other and I could actually be pretty okay with that.

Shaanyboi

Banned
giphy.gif

kevin1025

Banned
I would hope not as we tend to get reactions way before the embargo lifts on most movies. And spoilers, I remember TFA being spoiled like crazy days before it came out in this month last year.

That's true. With Twitter it'll be impossible for Lucasfilm and Disney to keep all reactions from getting out there. The big, big spoiler for Force Awakens was even out during filming. I wish I hadn't read all of that back then. I have managed to stay clear of it for this and VIII, though.

We've been had!

Timu

Some people actually really liked it, but I'm not one of them, and most aren't a fan so I can see why.

That's true. With Twitter it'll be impossible for Lucasfilm and Disney to keep all reactions from getting out there. The big, big spoiler for Force Awakens was even out during filming. I wish I hadn't read all of that back then. I have managed to stay clear of it for this and VIII, though.
Ha, ha, wow, that is pretty crazy. I bet the same would happen with VIII though.

kevin1025

Banned
Definitely the best one since ESB though. Heh.

I'd argue for parts of Revenge of the Sith, but yep, it is.

He was critical of Force Awakens though if you go back to those posts. So at the very least he isn't just a lover of everything on screen.

This is correct.

Plus the date shows that he could have seen one of the many, many cuts going around for Suicide Squad and it happened to be the good one we all missed.

Boke1879

Yea i don't trust twitter reactions all that much. For me personally I don't really read reviews. As long as I have fun while watching the movie. It's money well spent to me.

That said a lot people go in with their minds made up/already biased towards liking it. So you get these instant reactions like "BEST MOVIE EVER!"

Timu

That said a lot people go in with their minds made up/already biased towards liking it. So you get these instant reactions like "BEST MOVIE EVER!"
That's the issue actually, that's where hyperbole comes from.

This guy seems to not be a big fan of TFA at all, wow at that 1st link.

kevin1025

Banned
The Suicide Squad tweet might have been one of the seven or eight cuts being shown, the date's in May. Let's keep the hope alive!

Timu

The Suicide Squad tweet might have been one of the seven or eight cuts being shown, the date's in May. Let's keep the hope alive!
May? Yeah that cut was different from the final cut in August. I mean, the movie itself probably wasn't that amazing back in May but I wouldn't be surprised if was better than the one shown in August with all the reshoots and such.

Haha. Empire wins that one as well in my opinion. That shot with the Rebel Fleet track. So good.

I mean, that or maybe even ROTS with the glorious sunset shot.

I do think there's an argument for TFA's closing frames being at least technically-dynamic in relation to the rest of the saga, but that's perhaps what makes it such a poor fit in comparison.

kevin1025

Banned
May? Yeah that cut was different from the final cut in August. I mean, the movie itself probably wasn't that amazing back in May but I wouldn't be surprised if was better than the one shown in August with all the reshoots and such.

Yeah, the word back around then was that Suicide Squad had drastically different versions floating around. He wrote that tweet on May 20th, so he must have seen one of those. I'm being optimistic, haha.

Thinking about all the final shots, I'd have put Empire as the second worst. It's just a bunch of ships. VII is the worst with that spinning shot though. Oof.

V3y07hJ.png

I think Phantom's is the worst (what is he holding up?), but Force Awakens isn't too far behind.

(I included Empire twice because the one everyone is thinking of is usually the four at the window)

Where are you anticipating Rogue One to fall on your franchise ranking?

I'm anticipating better than Jedi if we're lucky, just below if unlucky.

VII > IV > V > VI > I > II > III

Yeah. Hamill and Ridley were acting the shit out of their faces.

Still gets me, and my family and friends whom I saw the movie with got real emotional during that, it was like we have waited 30 years to see this dude. Your life kinda flashes, it was pretty emotional.

JJ captured some special stuff there. emotion there.

jb1234

Yay. Really like "Approach to Eadu".

I just noticed the track names. Neither of them are on that track list. I assume they're smaller pieces that they combined into larger tracks for the soundtrack. Or they were renamed.

It's more likely they're not on the soundtrack. It's probably a two hour score and only half of it is represented on disc.

kevin1025

Banned
I won't put my ranking since it would turn everyone on me. So I'll disguise it and say that it'll be lesser than Empire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom