• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roguelikes and Jade

JackFrost2012 said:
Just checked out Fate ... cute and fun simple dungeon hack. I like that you have a pet. It's pretty good and it's pretty Diablo II, but I repeat myself. Seems pretty worth $20, though. Certainly better than Dungeon Siege.

Part of me says "hey, give it a quick look".

The other part says: "Nethack is free, and you still haven't beaten it."

There's also a third part that says my number 2 dungeon hack is still Nightmare of Druaga.

Gattsu25

Banned
Crazymoogle said:
Part of me says "hey, give it a quick look".

The other part says: "Nethack is free, and you still haven't beaten it."

There's also a third part that says my number 2 dungeon hack is still Nightmare of Druaga.
It's a console-style/diablo-alike hack-n-slash not a roguelike

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I was just trying to make sure I don't have a uh.... 'extra hard' nethack version... or something... :(

It was the 200 soldiers that annoyed me the most, they weren't even hard but it takes fucking forever to kill that many enemies just to even be able to see what was outside of that god damn room.

I also complained in the hopes that someone would give me advice on resting. Wizard types are always by favorite class but even with a decent amount of nethack experiance I've never been able to play one even through the gnome mines because eventually I run out of mana and then I'm fucked because I have never found a way to rest without so many monsteres spawning that by the time I can actualyl leave my safe resting zone I'm out of mana again.

and what do you mean, 'what did I do during that quest?'

for the Fort Ludios, there is a random chance that on some floor a portal will spawn that you can take to get to Fort Ludios. Its a floor that is always the same, no random like most of the game. Its a castle surrounded by a moat with barracks in the corners. You start in a zoo in the SW corner. So I killed the few things in the zoo, and then attempted to go outside to the courtyard area only to find 200 enemies where there should have been more like 20. I didn't rest or anything inside the zoo. We're talking maybe 50 turns between entering the level, and walking to the outside courtyard. It was at this point that I began questioning wtf was wrong with my version of nethack.

if you just wanted to know about the knight quest in general:

if I remember correctly you arrive at Camelot, and talk to King Arthur who informs you that Merlin has become ill and some precious object of his that I can't remember has been stolen by the demon Ixoth. You have to go down, across the 'isle of glass', and into the 'the dragon's lair' and slay the demon and raid his treasure horde and return. I don't know if anything happens after that because Ixoth spanked me.

Gattsu25

Banned
you could use the E-Word to give you some time to rest as a mage (dont ask...just found out about this one myself...haven't tested it yet)

what I meant was, what did you do once you saw the 200 enemies?

slayn

for resting, my problem isn't resting safely. Its not that hard to say, lockyourself in a room and just rest to full without seeing a single enemy. My problem is, after I'm done resting I can't do anything because my safe area is surrounded by like 100 enemies.

as for fort ludios, I backed into the doorway and forced them to come at me 1 at a time. The soldiers themselves couldn't really hurt me. I just had to make sure I only fought one liuetenant at a time. After doing all this though I went to the castle and the king killed me :(

slayn

I'm curious, how far has everyone here been able to get in nethack? I've never actually made it to the 2nd half. I've can never bring myself to skip sections even if they are too hard for me. That seems to be my main problem.

my 3 best runs are:

very early on, like maybe on my 10th try (so I didn't really know what I was doing), I was a valkyrie and started literally 2 squares away from a wand of wishing. So I decked myself out in awesome stuff, cleared out the mines, made a ton of money, and proceeded on my way down. I wasn't really aware of the branching sections at the time except for the mines so I just went straight down to medusa's island. I was dragged into the water and drowned.

2nd time I was a priest. I think I got one wish from a magic lamp I had blessed but other than things didn't go that well for me and I then I accidentally found the fort ludious that I have already described.

3rd time was a knight, got me my excalibur, cleared the mines, cleared sokoban for the first time, and then went to do my quest where ixoth killed me.

after all this time I think I would have been able to get further than that but no. =\

slayn said:
I'm curious, how far has everyone here been able to get in nethack? I've never actually made it to the 2nd half. I've can never bring myself to skip sections even if they are too hard for me. That seems to be my main problem.

Don't "skip" something. Just come back later when you're equipped to deal with it. A couple of the classes also have really hard quest bosses, can't remember exactly but the knight could be one.

I tend not to wade into Fort Ludios until I have some sort of magic resistance or reflection that will hold up.

My best run? Made it to the plane of water with a Samurai. Ended up getting completely owned since I had no gold detection scrolls. Tried to sit tight for 10k rounds but eventually I had to make a move, and eventually the wizard just took all my shit and left me to die. Which sucked because otherwise I probably would have finished the game (I was built up pretty well to deal with the horsemen).

Remember: Wand of Wishing is the key!

slayn

what do you need gold detection for?

and I've only ever gotten 1 wand of wishing ever

slayn said:
what do you need gold detection for?
and I've only ever gotten 1 wand of wishing ever

If you're confused while reading the gold detection scroll, you can see where the portal is. (In the plane of water, you're in a bubble of usually 2x3 cells. The portal is in another bubble in the level. The entire area is one big plot of water with currents that push you along)

slayn

you can't just explore the area with water walking boots or levitation or something?

I've have to imagine that that far in the game you'd have to have somethign to easily cross water.

slayn

oh and seeing as you've been to fort ludios are there supposed to be 200 some guys outside of the castle (not talking about inside)?

slayn said:
you can't just explore the area with water walking boots or levitation or something?

You don't understand. It's a plane of existence MADE OUT OF WATER. Water walking doesn't do shit. There is no water, there is no air save for inside the bubble. Leave the bubble, and bad stuff happens, even setting aside Rodney.

And yes, Ludios is supposed to be packed. It's actually quite the pleasant level, mowing through countless fools and taking in treasure bigtime.

Gattsu25

Banned
slayn said:
[Talks about Powder (GBA roguelike)]
Haha...just finished playing that for a bit...wish it had the AGB_ROGUE text resolution but otherwise a pretty damn fun game...wonder how it runs on the PSP.. .

:b

dog$

Hates quality gaming
slayn said:
I'm curious, how far has everyone here been able to get in nethack?
I've been to Gehennom a few times, but nothing particularly special happened when I died there.

The best game I had was when I actually cleared my Quest; however, after passing Medusa, I went downstairs and actually choked on a minotaur corpse. I was fucking livid.

I haven't played nethack too much lately; I keep having incidents with Bags of Holding where I swear I have the thing only half full and somehow shove too much stuff into it and make it disappear. There's been more than a few times where I had a library of scrolls and 15+ holy waters in my bag only to suddenly realize that the bag is gone. By this point it's usually #q for me :(

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
While googling AGB Rogue last night (since the creator no longer hosts the game nor references the project on his website), I encountered a forum with a dude claiming (and providing camera pictures as proof) that he had an early version of (Nethack, I think? Or was it Zangband?) running on the DS, with the bottom screen as the main interface screen (touch enabled.) Man, how awesome would that be?

slayn

dog$ said:
I've been to Gehennom a few times, but nothing particularly special happened when I died there.

The best game I had was when I actually cleared my Quest; however, after passing Medusa, I went downstairs and actually choked on a minotaur corpse. I was fucking livid.

I haven't played nethack too much lately; I keep having incidents with Bags of Holding where I swear I have the thing only half full and somehow shove too much stuff into it and make it disappear. There's been more than a few times where I had a library of scrolls and 15+ holy waters in my bag only to suddenly realize that the bag is gone. By this point it's usually #q for me :(

bags of holding have limits? o_O

I shoved like 50 things into a bag of holding and never had one dissappear on me.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
They definitely have some sort of property which I keep running into, because I know I'm not trying to put the bag into itself (I think I accidentally did this one time and I'm pretty sure it caused the bag to disappear).

I'm also pretty sure there's a limit for no items past inventory letter Z, in the bag.

If these restrictions aren't in place, I have no idea what the cause of my problems are (which makes the disappearing bags all the more aggravating).

Nethack ... running on DS ... how awesome would that be?
It's definitely a good use of the touch and would help make up for a lack of a keyboard, but;

have you tried playing Nethack with a mouse? You can try it now... some people might like it but I sure don't.

slayn

I know at least for your main inventory if you go past Z it just doesn't label them. And at least with the windows version I use I have to check it to do anything since it doesn't have a letter.

are these cursed bags of holding by chance?

I think also if you put a wand of cancellation into a bag of holding bad thigns happen.

Gattsu25

Banned
dog$ said:
It's definitely a good use of the touch and would help make up for a lack of a keyboard, but;

have you tried playing Nethack with a mouse? You can try it now... some people might like it but I sure don't.
Have mapped keys on the bottom screen (not a keyboard) with the game display (in similar fashion to AGB_ROGUE) on the top screen
Give the ability to map actions to keys like in POWDER as well as POWDER's autoquery system...and er...

slayn

is there any way to destroy a boulder?

I'm in a hallway of sokoban, needing to push a boulder on the other end with an enemy on the other side that's in the way :(

edit: nm, polymorphed it into a statue

slayn said:
is there any way to destroy a boulder?

I'm in a hallway of sokoban, needing to push a boulder on the other end with an enemy on the other side that's in the way :(

edit: nm, polymorphed it into a statue

Top two ways to destroy a boulder:
1. apply the pickaxe
2. use a wand of striking (or the equivalent spell)

Keep in mind that everything you do within the Sokoban levels that is against Sokoban rules (destroying boulders, walking diagonally) actually hurts your luck score. I still need to cheat at least a couple times each run, but don't let it get out of control. Scroll of Earth is fine if you need more boulders, though.

slayn

didn't know about walking diagonally... =\

I've never paid much attention to luck anyhow though... I just get me a blessed luckstone and pretend its always in my favor ;p

as another question, I'm playing a valk right now, and doing pretty good. Came across a bones file with grey dragon scale male and gautnlets of power and then I found an altar to make sacrifices for Mjollnir. Now its time to do the quest but I'm having trouble finding the portal.

I know what floor its on, but its not in one of the rooms and I never came across a pick axe in the mines to just start randomly digging. Will doing the whole confused/find gold thing find it? Is there an easier way to find it?

also, is there any way to know what floor fort ludios is on?

User 406

Banned
I've managed to get hold of the Amulet a few times but always got killed making my way back up. Of course, this was way way back in the long long ago before they added stuff like the branching dungeons, quests, and planes. I haven't played as often since I graduated so I've never gotten that far in the newer revisions.

slayn said:
I've never paid much attention to luck anyhow though... I just get me a blessed luckstone and pretend its always in my favor ;p

Blessed luckstone prevents you from going into negative luck. If you want to pump up your luck (and believe me, it's a good thing) make some sacrifices to your god or throw gems at unicorns (preferrably same alignment as you).

as another question, I'm playing a valk right now, and doing pretty good. Came across a bones file with grey dragon scale male and gautnlets of power and then I found an altar to make sacrifices for Mjollnir. Now its time to do the quest but I'm having trouble finding the portal.

Nice, valk can throw mjolnir and have it come back like a boomerang (well, 99 times out of a hundred anyway). You could really use some magic reflection though. If mjolnir isn't two handed you might want to grab the reflective item from where Medusa is.

Pickaxes are almost always in the dwarvish mines, so it's really odd if you can't find one off a body or buy one. The mattock does the same thing as I recall, although it's a lot heavier. You might also be able to just keep searching suspicious areas until a door eventually pops up, or cast a wand of digging in a given direction.

I'm not entirely sure but I think reading the find gold scroll while confused will also do it. It's a real roundabout way to do things though so I don't recommend it.

also, is there any way to know what floor fort ludios is on?

Fort Ludios can't be on level 1 AFAIK, but otherwise is ONLY on a floor with a cash safe. So if you see the message about guards or money counting or whatever and there isn't a shopkeeper on that floor, either start digging towards suspicious spots or read a find gold scroll - if you see four things of gold arranged in a square, that's where you need to be.

Be careful raiding safes, though. If you linger or the alarm goes off, you could be forced to fight the guard which in turn sets off the alarm again and brings in the Keystone Kops, and those bastards fight dirty (not to mention the luck/alignment/god anger effects if you're not chaotic)

slayn

woo! valk still going, this is by far the best I've ever done. There was a library early on so I got me plenty of scrolls of ID. Dude had a bunch of genocide scrolls too so I killed liches, water stuff, mind flayers. I think I still have another blessed genocide and don't know what to do with it.

I also just happened to stumble across a mirror shield so thats my reflection. Did my quest, I don' tknow if my valk was just so much more powerful than my knight or what but the valk quest was a million times easier than the knight quest. I have the orb of fate now but don't really know what it does and too lazy to look it up. It has 5 charges.

I mucked around looking for fort ludious but didn't really have any luck so I went to the castle. The one bad thing was I still had no good way to cross water and because of still no way to break rocks no way to crack open the perseus statue in hopes of boots of lev. I did have a saddle though so I decided to do something I hadn't ever tried before. Used my one magic lamp to wish for a blessed statue of a grey dragon (I have no idea which dragon is the best, but hey, now it matches my armor ;p ) and so now my valk rode a dragon.

The dragon has since died :(

but it did get me through the castle and to the wand of wishing and a wand of striking so I could go back and get the boots of levitation. Used the one charge on the wish wand to get scrolls of charging. I feel stupid about that now because I know most scrolls but that one and have a magic marker. but anyway I used the wand to get me speed boots and a better cloak and something else... I forget. I know just have the one charge left from breaking it.

Now I got down to some swamp place I've never been before but when I looked in my inventory I found I had accidentally dropped my boots of levitation instead of some other boots I had picked up along the way and now I'm going back to look for them >_<

oh as a side question, I got level drained a few times, what does that? wraithes? vampires? I even had excalibur which I think protects from that but I had never come across level draining enemies before.

slayn

what could be causing my max hp to go down?

I thought I had around 160 at one point and now I only have 107.

edit:

died in orcus town when orcus teleported next to me and summoned a bunch of crap and put me to sleep or something :(

3.4.3 861688 1 39 40 -26 109 2 20050622 20050621 1 Val Hum Fem Law Crystana,killed by Demogorgon

R.I.P Crystana

I would just like to say that I absolutely despise the whole teleporting away to heal bosses. Most of them couldn't even really hurt me but they take forever to kill because of it.

slayn said:
woo! valk still going, this is by far the best I've ever done. There was a library early on so I got me plenty of scrolls of ID. Dude had a bunch of genocide scrolls too so I killed liches, water stuff, mind flayers. I think I still have another blessed genocide and don't know what to do with it.

1. Killing flayers: good move. Otherwise you could get totally owned in Gehennom, as they can suck the intelligence (and eventually the map) right out of you. Liches are also a good choice (distance cursing, bleh). Dunno what water stuff you tried to go for, though, and sadly genocide does nothing against Air Elementals.

I also just happened to stumble across a mirror shield so thats my reflection. Did my quest, I don' tknow if my valk was just so much more powerful than my knight or what but the valk quest was a million times easier than the knight quest. I have the orb of fate now but don't really know what it does and too lazy to look it up. It has 5 charges.

Usually you get the shield of reflection on Medusa's level by shattering the statue of Perseus, but it's not guaranteed.

Orb of Fate:
-Use to level teleport (I suggest not using it without teleport control)
-Halves spell damage to you, Halves physical damage to you, acts as a luckstone...all of that while just being carried

Used my one magic lamp to wish for a blessed statue of a grey dragon (I have no idea which dragon is the best, but hey, now it matches my armor ;p ) and so now my valk rode a dragon.

1. If you have a ton of useless junk lying around, try using the wand of polymorph. With only a small stack your odds of anything useful aren't so hot, but it can be very effective with big stacks (can't use this method anymore for wands of wishing, though).

2. Very cool idea, dragonriding.

3. Random tip: give generously to an aligned priest. 400 times your experience level in one shot is enough for a permanent -1 AC, and you can keep giving for usually around 8-10 points before the cost goes up.

but it did get me through the castle and to the wand of wishing and a wand of striking so I could go back and get the boots of levitation. Used the one charge on the wish wand to get scrolls of charging.

The scroll of charging is actually a very good thing...if your wand of wishing has not already been recharged. Otherwise it's handy for recharging your magic marker, or I guess if you're running low on grease...

oh as a side question, I got level drained a few times, what does that? wraithes? vampires? I even had excalibur which I think protects from that but I had never come across level draining enemies before.

Yeah, excalibur is protective (but lures enemies in a few odd ways). Your guesses are pretty good. Gremlins can drain intrinsics. Eat a wraith to instantly gain a level, though.

...whoah.

Demogorgon warped in? Holy shit. Consider it a good death, because Demogorgon is the most powerful enemy in the game. So crazy powerful in fact, that it can only be summoned into the game world (it won't show up by random). Want to be scared more? Look here.

From hindsight, you only could have survived by being very (real world) lucky, very prepared, or by invoking the orb and getting the hell out of dodge.

slayn

Orcus has a 1/260 chance of summoning Demogorgon.

:(

I didn't know what Demogorgon was so I just kept attacking Orcus and not paying much attention to him. And then I looked at my life and then I was dead.

slayn said:
:(

I didn't know what Demogorgon was so I just kept attacking Orcus and not paying much attention to him. And then I looked at my life and then I was dead.

That's pretty much how it works. You need to be armed to the gills, fast, and full of intrinsics to stand a chance. Reminds me of all the times where I made it to the tenth level and then was abruptly swallowed by an Air Elemental...

Wakune said:
wow...I'm now too damn weaksauce to even comprehend this thread......WHAT HAVE I CREATED??

You're not playing enough nethack, clearly. Go try the game out now, and if you've already done that, try again as a Tourist. :)

I've played my share of Nethack, and this is beyond me, even. I was never careful enough to get past a dozen levels or so.

Tourists: Credit card can be used to pick locks, and the camera flash can blind monsters momentarily.

Tourists are the joke class (or hard mode class, if you'd prefer to think of it that way) Wakune. I wouldn't recommend wearing that hawaiian t-shirt into any shops...

The Platinum Yendorian Express card is pretty useful, though.

slayn

that reminds me, is there anythign other than a hawaiin t-shirt that can be worn under armor?

a +5 t-shirt can be quite a nice thing to have

also, is it possible to change key bindings? I want to put pick up and open on the numpad somewhere.

slayn

you ever get the feeling that in some games nethack is just out to get you more than usual?

On my game today, On the first floor of the gnmish mines was a mind flayer. I was able to dodge by him and find the stairs down. Doing good, going good, get to the bottom of the mines when what should be waiting by the stairs? A black dragon who immediately disintegrates all my armor. But I figure, 'eh, he's not next me, might as well make a run for the luckstone and gems and never have to come back here again.' So I get the luckstone and start making my way back only to see the dragon is now clogging the hallway that is my only exit to the stairs.

But oh, joy is me, I happen to know I have a scroll of teleportation. So I use it and it takes me to the other side of the map far away from the dragon. So I start making towards the stairs again when all of a sudden a barrage of daggers and arrows come flying my way. I finally see that it is in fact the Elven King who is diong this. With my excalibur I am just barely able to take him down. I then round the corner to find the black dragon who must have tracked me clear across the map who kills me almost immediately.

slayn said:
that reminds me, is there anythign other than a hawaiin t-shirt that can be worn under armor?

I don't think so, no. You have the right idea though, because the shopkeepers can't see your shirt under the armor. You can go shirt->armor->mummy wrapping if you are invisible for some reason, but the wrapping has no bonus.

You'd have to type help or check online for key binding info. I imagine it's possible? Might also want to check the game files.

slayn said:
you ever get the feeling that in some games nethack is just out to get you more than usual?

All the time. I have pages and pages of "YASD" stories as they call them on usenet. There's too many to remember, but one that comes to mind off the top of my head:

I was completely ready to make my ascension run. Clear, straight paths dug to and from each stairway, an AC of -40, multiple quest artifacts, and plenty of curse removal stuff. So I make the grab and start running, because Rodney is a pain in the ass...at best.

Twenty floors later, I notice a Lich has shown up. There's so many spawns I hardly have time to stick around, but dealing with the Lich gives a nymph just enough time to take away my cloak of magic resistance.

I'm back at floor one. I'm four planes and one drop away from victory, and for some reason beyond all imagination, I step on the one square that, for some reason, I never had stepped on before.

POLYMORPH -> Grid bug

slayn

have you ever tried the program called hearse?

I just fond it. You run it and it uploads all of your bones files and downloads ones frlom the server so when you play you can actually come across bones files of different people.

So far its served me well. Got a barbarian going and bones files not of my making have given him +3 rustproof guantlets of strength and -1 cursed dragon scale mail. :D

I've been looking into Nethack some after reading this thread, having mostly only played xAngbands myself.

I don't think it has been mentioned yet, but there's a pretty cool free public nethack server. You don't actually play multiplayer, of course, but you can watch other people's games as they play, see where you end up on the score list, and, I assume, probably run into their ghosts as well. That page has instructions, but basically you just telnet to nethack.alt.org (on the default telnet port of 23) and create an account.

I played a couple games there tonight (got crushed early, I have a lot to learn) and it was nice and fast. You can set up your own options file, too.

User 406

Banned
slidewinder said:
I don't think it has been mentioned yet, but there's a pretty cool free public nethack server. You don't actually play multiplayer, of course, but you can watch other people's games as they play, see where you end up on the score list, and, I assume, probably run into their ghosts as well. That page has instructions, but basically you just telnet to nethack.alt.org (on the default telnet port of 23) and create an account.

I played a couple games there tonight (got crushed early, I have a lot to learn) and it was nice and fast. You can set up your own options file, too.

Oh hell yes! Thank you! That's one of the big things I missed after graduation, not having bones levels from other people and a high score list that I'll never be good enough to be on. :D It got really tiresome coming across my same old bones levels all the time and knowing exactly what was there. I'll have to sign up and start playing again.

slayn said:
have you ever tried the program called hearse? You run it and it uploads all of your bones files and downloads ones frlom the server so when you play you can actually come across bones files of different people.

I'll have to check this out. I've known about the public Nethack server for, well, a very long time, but I have no real interest in playing using telnet ascii.

slayn

yeah, I'm the same. It's gotta be tiles. Even on the rogue level I'm confused as fuck. " 'F'? What the fucks an 'F'? an '^'? Get me the hell out of here.

this hearse program allows for the swapping of bones files but no high score list that I know of.

hard hard is it to kill a priest of an altar? My barbarian has made it to the castle without a co-aligned altar and I've become frustrated.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
The priest itself isn't too rough, it's about the same as a shopkeep; only problem is the insect swarms they command (and they'll usually blind you too).

However, am I mistaken? I thought the only way to convert an altar was to do some unicorn sacrificing.

My biggest problem with public Nethack is that you can't set all of the little options and creature comforts which I rely upon so heavily in my rote play (autodig, message scroll margin, autopickup types...).

e: Well, for some of those things you can, but you'd have to do it for each new game.

slayn

you can convert an altar by sacrificing anything, a unicorn is no more than a very valuable sacrifice. In my game the only non gnome town altar I've found also had a priest, and neither is of my alignment. Merely offering on the altar will convert it, but piss the priest off.

I don't even need an artifact from my god as I'm currently duel wielding frost brand and a silver sabre (I wanted to duel wirld frost brand and excalibur but I guess intelligent weapons are too arrogant to be paired with each other) but I am in defperate need of holy water.

I think I have 3 (at least two) cursed magic lamps, a cursed magic marker, and a lot of cursed usefull scrolls.

dog$ said:
My biggest problem with public Nethack is that you can't set all of the little options and creature comforts which I rely upon so heavily in my rote play (autodig, message scroll margin, autopickup types...).

e: Well, for some of those things you can, but you'd have to do it for each new game.

That public nethack server I linked to lets you edit your .nethackrc, so you can permanently change the same things you can when playing locally. It's one of the options after you log in.

slayn

why did no one tell me that if you genocide mind flayers that does not include master mind flayers? >_<

thank god I happened to have a cockatrice corpse for dealing with orcus this time around. No Deogrogan summoning this time for that bitch!

slayn

go barbarian!

Goodbye Slayn the Demigod...

You went to your reward with 3443486 points,
The Book of the Dead (worth 10000 zorkmids and 25000 points)
Frost Brand (worth 3000 zorkmids and 7500 points)
Excalibur (worth 4000 zorkmids and 10000 points)
The Candelabrum of Invocation (worth 5000 zorkmids and 12500 points)
The Bell of Opening (worth 5000 zorkmids and 12500 points)
The Heart of Ahriman (worth 2500 zorkmids and 6250 points)
1 amulet of ESP (worth 150 zorkmids),
1 amulet of restful sleep (worth 150 zorkmids),
and 134 pieces of gold, after 52332 moves.
You were level 20 with a maximum of 161 hit points when you ascended.

btw, the plane of water is incredibly simple with an amulet of water breathing. I don't think I had to fight a single thing.

and fucking christ was the plane of air bad. I couldn't move and all this crap kept spawning in like master mind flayers and green slimes. At one point I got slimed and didn't know which of my wands was fire cuz of the damned mind flayer but then I got eaten by something that got rid of the sliming and then I slowly ran the fuck away.

The final floor cost me my final amulet of life savings thanks to the fact that I had to go to all 3 altars to find the correct one. I made it to the altar with 0 amulets of life saving, 50 enemies after me, and something like 34hp.

slayn said:
btw, the plane of water is incredibly simple with an amulet of water breathing. I don't think I had to fight a single thing.

So, I'm interested: how did it work - how did you make it to the portal? I had water breathing too, but as I recall if you step out of the bubble the currents force you around and you functionally have no way of seeing the portal.

Top Bottom