• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roguelikes and Jade

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Crazymoogle said:
So, I'm interested: how did it work - how did you make it to the portal? I had water breathing too, but as I recall if you step out of the bubble the currents force you around and you functionally have no way of seeing the portal.

I put on an amulet of magical breathing, and then walked around. The water screws with your movement a little bit but you generally move where you want to and as you enter/exit different bubbles you can see thats in then. Coupled with no enemies follow you out of the bubbles (at least... no enemies that existed since I genocided ; I don't know if they'd be there anyway though and those kinda of enemies would be weak at this point) you have pretty much free reign to walk around un-molested until you happen upon the bubble of the portal by dumb luck.

edit:
I actually *did* initially use the confused/find gold trick as well as put on magical breathing as a precaution until I found that my bubble just sorta... left without me. At which point I just said, 'well... ok then.. screw the bubbles' and just meandered around. The trick didn't end up helping me though because there happend to be a blindfold over the portal square so I eventually happened to step on it and find myself in the final area.

Gattsu25

Banned
iapetus said:
On the subject of Roguelikes, how come nobody mentioned DOOM yet? A huge step up from Wolfenstein 3D if you ask me...
WTF? a FPS RL? Never heard of the Wolf3D roguelike...gonna give this one a shot

Top Bottom