• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roles you're surprised an actor/actress got over another actor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

original version would have potentially been:

Will Smith - Neo
Val Kilmer - Morpheus
Jean Reno - Agent Smith

Would have been a completely different film.
Loved what Hugo Weaving did (he's always 100% solid), but man I would have loved to see a brutal, emotionless Reno in that role.

Isn't it time to reboot The Matrix? They could probably get those three actors. But yes, it would have nothing in common with the current movie. Will Smith probably wouldn't pull off the same emotionless Neo as Keanu, and Smith would be a beast with Reno.

SteveWD40

Tom Cruise Batman would have been glorious.

or bill murray/jeff bridges.

Oh, and relevant link: www.notstarring.com

Some of those submissions have to be fake right? That or the OG Superman movie casting director was on bath salts...

Clint, Sam Elliott, Charles Bronson...Elton fucking John???

Edit: Ellen DeGeneres tested to play Vesper in CR? This has to be bullshit!

Some of those submissions have to be fake right? That or the OG Superman movie casting director was on bath salts...

Clint, Sam Elliott, Charles Bronson...Elton fucking John???

yeah it's all user submitted so there's probably some stuff in there that's totally off, but what's wrong with Elton John as Superman? that movie would be awesome.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I think I read somewhere that Richard Donner wanted to cast Muhammed Ali as Superman. It was in a big list of guys like Bronson, though, maybe he was just being silly.

kehs

Banned
He definitely has a big hard on for JLG and Marion Cotillard. They're both good actors, but it's clear that their roles in Rises were created only so they could be in the movie.

Nolan created Robin just to get JGL in the movie?

C'mon son.

Ultima_5

Nicholas Cage and John Travolota in Face-Off when it should have been schwarzenegger and stallone

Also, clint eastwood should have been in speed over keanu reeves... just felt like a clint eastwood movie

Nicholas Cage and John Travolota in Face-Off when it should have been schwarzenegger and stallone

Also, clint eastwood should have been in speed over keanu reeves... just felt like a clint eastwood movie

Clint in any role.

Clint as Judge Dredd.
Clint as Batman.
Clint as Dracula.
Clint as Andy Kaufmann.

Ultima_5

Clint in any role.

Clint as Judge Dredd.
Clint as Batman.
Clint as Dracula.
Clint as Andy Kaufmann.

At one point he was apparently offered to be the next james bond, but turned it down because he felt it should be played by an english actor. He would have been the best bond in strides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom