• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RollerCoaster Tycoon World - Website Opens, New Developer

whyman

New Post, and first (I think?) screenshot of the game:

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/introduction-to-the-community-manager-at-area-52-games/

Robins_Railroad.jpg

It's a flat ride. The terrain in the background looks pretty basic but that's likely in the alpha stages. The ride is the focal point and it does look like it has quite a bit of detail to it. If the visuals are consistent throughout and maintain this level of quality I wouldn't mind at all.

I do hope that terrain isn't final though...

Looks good actually! Im starting to hope.

Mik2121

That building by itself looks good. I just hope the roller coaster creator tool is a bit more advanced now (without becoming a pain in the ass to use like other tools out there). And I also hope they add Oculus Rift support on the rollercoaster, because I would probably be using it aaaaaaaall day!

Ionic

Has there been any evidence of being able to manage terrain or build underground yet? All the screens I've seen have shown the building area as flat.

Has there been any evidence of being able to manage terrain or build underground yet? All the screens I've seen have shown the building area as flat.

I really hope they pay special attention to building underground in this one. RCT3's underground building was terrible when it was finally patched in. Hope that in this one we get options to customize tunnels and the look of underground sections.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I was one of the people really happy with RCT3... compared to how many other series have been fucked up it was not bad. (Looking at you Sim City)

Looking forward to this.

Goldrusher

I was one of the people really happy with RCT3... compared to how many other series have been fucked up it was not bad. (Looking at you Sim City)

Looking forward to this.
Then you want to be looking forward to Coaster Park Tycoon, which is the new game by the creators of RCT3.

RollerCoaster Tycoon World will be terrible. Guaranteed.

SteveTR

This game looks like it could be pretty good. Then again, so does a lot of bad games.

But hey, at least it won't be like the tablet game, right? Right?

Brashnir

Then you want to be looking forward to Coaster Park Tycoon, which is the new game by the creators of RCT3.

RollerCoaster Tycoon World will be terrible. Guaranteed

I'm with you on that. I expect a puffed-up mobile game made to resemble RCT while not actually being RCT.

But hey, at least it won't be like the tablet game, right? Right?
What have they done to give you any confidence that it won't be exactly that?

Faddy

Banned
The DOF and flat terrain is giving me Sim City vibes which is not good.

Put me down as someone who liked the isometric games. You could still do a lot with rollercoaster and park designs. This looks flashier but ultimately more constraining.

Brashnir

It's a PC game. Hopefully, they'll have enough basic human decency to not make it a mobile game on a different platform. I still believe.

I've seen plenty of bullshit freemium games on PC. The current iteration of Atari gets absolutely no benefit of the doubt, given what they've already done with the franchise.

Top Bottom