• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rose Colored Gaming releasing GBA

Looks ugly and cheap, has two buttons that no GBA game uses, I don't get why they didn't even try.

According to that review, the only thing the X and Y button do are navigate menus, and they function exactly like the shoulder buttons.

I could see if they were also used as shoulder buttons in games to give you a new control option, but it seems like a completely useless addition.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
As mentioned already - It's a K101 Revo with a custom shell. The Revo has been available for a while.
I've considered getting one, but I seem to recall it having some kind of issue which made me not bother. Instead I just got a modded original GBA with backlit screen.

lupinko

As mentioned already - It's a K101 Revo with a custom shell. The Revo has been available for a while.
I've considered getting one, but I seem to recall it having some kind of issue which made me not bother. Instead I just got a modded original GBA with backlit screen.

What is the difficulty on the GBA mod? Thinking about getting a junk one to mod here.

Yeah, screen prices have gone from like $50 a year ago to about $100 on ebay. Might as well just pay the $150ish and buy a pre-modded one. It's kind of a pain to do the mod any way. Have to remove some of the plastic from the inside of the case to make room for the screen and solder a super fucking tiny wire. It's not the hardest thing on earth, but it's a pain.

tanuki

Didn't realise the backlit screens ran out, I assumed they were still being mass-produced in China. I got a modded GBA off an China Ebay seller about a year ago, they were so plentiful in supply. Should've bought a couple more.

Top Bottom