• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rose McGowan: Ben Affleck is Lying, he knew about Weinstein raping me and other women

If telling bad/insensitive rape jokes are the ultimate sign of permanent condemnation/confirm that people have commited and or predisposed towards commiting sexual assault then we're going to have to purge more than half of the population.

You're absolutely right. I don't think it means he's predisposed to commit sexual assault. But I think it does show he had a more casual sense of this stuff. And that at one time he was perhaps not as respectful. Honestly, it just seems like he's a bit dim. How on earth could you not realize saying that publicly is an incredibly stupid idea?

Is there real talk about Dan Schneider being a predator or are people just talking out of their asses because the guy is fat?

It really has been a whirlwhind of fat predators hasn't it?

Some people were speculating how long till a story about Drew McWeeny comes out. Another obese film blogger. Don't know if he did anything, but it would be ridiculous that being an obese film blogger now makes you suspect.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Is there real talk about Dan Schneider being a predator or are people just talking out of their asses because the guy is fat?

The conversation around Dan Schneider is basically the same as what was happening around Weinstein except with teenagers instead of (mostly) adults.

Volimar

Dude, that's a graveyard, not a thread.

They weren't banned for those posts. Any thread that old is like that. It's creepy.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't have posted that old thread but it's nice to know people's attitudes have changed in the last five years. Hopefully it's a sign of growth and not just people defending someone they like.

otakukidd

They weren't banned for those posts. Any thread that old is like that. It's creepy.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't have posted that old thread but it's nice to know people's attitudes have changed in the last five years. Hopefully it's a sign of growth and not just people defending someone they like.
What does that have to do with now? I don't think many people's opinions would of changed between then and now. Also did you even read that thread it was stated he was misquoted right in the op.

Volimar

What does that have to do with now? I don't think many people's opinions would of changed between then and now. Also did you even read that thread it was stated he was misquoted right in the op.

That half assed deflection by the owner wasn't why I posted it here, it was people going out of their way to defend him. Anyway, I realize I shouldn't have posted it. Don't want to derail the thread any more.

Hey remember that time a shitload of GAFfers defended Daniel Tosh for saying that it would be hilarious if a heckler in his audience was raped? Good times.

www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482026

Rose McGowan as Red Sonja would definitely be something.

Not to derail but people also defend Daniel Tosh as being funny. Those people are strange.

On topic: I caught a brief glimpse waiting for the Path but Rose was shutdown on Twitter? What did she do to get shutdown considering half of Twitter seems like it should be?

Scuffed

Now of course Oliver Stone is defending Weinstein and also gets a claim of sexual harassment against him lol. I hate hearing that a next person was assaulted but I still hope we keep getting these demons outed.

Now of course Oliver Stone is defending Weinstein and also gets a claim of sexual harassment against him lol. I hate hearing that a next person was assaulted but I still hope we keep getting these demons outed.
He'a also a Putin defender. Something is slowly turning him into a Steven Seagal-type character.

Saya

Jane Fonda: I knew about Weinstein, and I'm 'ashamed' I didn't say anything

Jane Fonda regrets not speaking up earlier about Harvey Weinstein.

The film star, who is also an active women's rights advocate, told CNN's Christiane Amanpour on Thursday that she "found out about Harvey about a year ago."

"I'm ashamed that I didn't say anything right then," Fonda said.

The Oscar award winning actress said that she was never assaulted by the movie mogul.

Fonda declined to discuss what Arquette told her. But Arquette is among the handful of actresses whose experiences with Weinstein were detailed in the New Yorker this week.

Arquette said she denied advances Weinstein made in a hotel room. "He made things very difficult for me for years," she told the New Yorker.

When asked why Fonda didn't say anything publicly after she spoke with Arquette, Fonda said, "I guess it hadn't happened to me, and so I didn't feel that it was my place."

Fonda, an Academy Award winner, spoke to Amanpour about her own past experiences with sexual harassment and abuse. She says she was abused as an 8-year-old child and explains why therapy was important for her recovery. "You realize what I'm feeling is ok because this person is sharing my pain," she said.

Linkura

Not assault, but more bullshit anyway:

http://toofab.com/2017/10/13/felici...-chapman-marchesa-fashion-brand-transamerica/

Felicity Huffman confirmed a report that Harvey Weinstein threatened to stop financially supporting the promotion of her 2005 Oscar-nominated drama "Transamerica" if the actress didn't wear his fashion designer wife's clothing at various red carpet events.

"Yeah, it's true," Huffman told TooFab Thursday night in Los Angeles at the Eva Longoria Foundation Gala.

According to one LA-based publicist, Weinstein gave Huffman the ultimatum to make sure Chapman's designs would be front and center while the actress -- who earned an Oscar nomination for playing a transgender woman in the film --- promoted the movie on the red carpet. The same publicist recalled Weinstein also pressured actress Sienna Miller, who starred in Weinstein's 2006 drama "Factory Girl," to wear his wife's designs at the Golden Globes.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I know someone whose life could have been ruined by this piece of shit. As I said in an earlier thread, that's as much as I'll willingly state, is that I know someone. Beyond that, it invades their privacy, and they're a friend. But I say this anyway, because uh, fucksake am I glad he's finally going down.

Rose proving to have the same ignorant racist views against black women that other white feminists tend to have is extremely disappointing :/

Why is this such a blind spot in white feminism?

I googled some stuff about Schneider earlier this week, and it was 99% speculation and conjecture, and it has that feeling of conspiracy nonsense just like that thing about Avril Lavigne being dead for 15 years. The only thing that made me raise an eye brow were two vines made by an actress who worked with him, in which maybe she was trying to say something about him indirectly, but it's way too thin for me to jump on the believer train.

I'll wait until something concrete comes out on him. In the meantime, I'm treating this as conspiracy nuttery.

I don't understand Rose's tweet.

It seemed like she was trying to draw an equivalent with women's struggles in society to black people without realizing there really is no comparison. Especially if we compare white women to black women. This was all in response to Corden making jokes about Weinstein.

The Kree

Banned
I don't understand Rose's tweet.

With that statement she's simultaneously co-opting and minimizing black oppression - a popular tactic of white feminism. It misses the point that some women - black ones - are also called niggers, too, while not actually saying anything about either.

McGowan's tirades are a little uncomfortable. Not because of the idea of her outing people but in the way she's doing it. It's like she's turned the super emotionally charged display of emotional trauma dial up to 11 and has left it there.

This kind of thing requires compassionate counselling and therapy, not for it to turn into a social media reality TV show where we gawp at the entire shit show this is becoming.

Sad to hear about Eva. But she is not awesome. Considering who she worked with last. She's been on my shit list since.

Ahh so working with Polanski means that any sexual assault that might have happened in that actors past is invalidated and can be discounted.

Go soak your fucking head.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
McGowan's tirades are a little uncomfortable. Not because of the idea of her outing people but in the way she's doing it. It's like she's turned the super emotionally charged display of emotional trauma dial up to 11 and has left it there.

This kind of thing requires compassionate counselling and therapy, not for it to turn into a social media reality TV show where we gawp at the entire shit show this is becoming.
Thank you for telling women how they should be protesting and not to be all hysterical and uppity, that's surely the kind of tone policing we need right now

Polanski :| Very disappointed in Eva about that.

Thank you for telling women how they should be protesting and not to be all hysterical and uppity, that's surely the kind of tone policing we need right now

Polanski :| Very disappointed in Eva about that.

I was waiting for this.

I don't think it is healthy for us to gawp at the shit show like it's a god damn reality TV show. That's the fucking thing I find appalling about it, not her actual emotional reaction which is perfectly natural for emotional trauma.

It's like the 21st century version of a public execution.

This.

Soon as I read about her equivocating gender with race, I figured she'd stepped on the line. Granted it's almost to be expected with how white centric feminism can be, and I wasn't angry, but I was disappointed, and more so that she didn't so much take responsibility for her mistake but played it off as a "guess I shouldn't get high and tweet, my bad!"

I want Rose to continue spreading awareness, but she only needs to dial it back when it comes to emotionally charged tweets. Her bravery started something. Her platform is a valuable tool in this cause and I hope she continues to call out and inform and share. But I would hope she is careful that the "#rosearmy" business is starting to blur the lines to the point her platform is the cause - if that makes sense.

Above all I just hope she is going to counselling, and if not that she will. Even if she has in the past and isn't now, it'd probably be a good idea.

neoanarch

Go ahead and put everyone on your shit list while you're at it with this guilt by association bullshit.

Ahh so working with Polanski means that any sexual assault that might have happened in that actors past is invalidated and can be discounted.

Go soak your fucking head.
What? Yeah I'm gonna put her on my list for working with a child rapist. At the same time I can feel sympathy for her situation. Those things aren't mutually exclusive. And just because she's a victim doesn't excuse her validating the career of Polanski by working with him.

The Polanksi/Allen shit is the weirdest thing about all this, particularly when one is literally running from the law and still embraced by all these actors.

Polanski I cannot wrap my head around, but I guarantee there are actors and actresses that have chosen not to work with Woody since the accusations were renewed a few years ago. For about 20 years, most assumed the accusations against Woody were essentially a byproduct of an extremely contentious and tabloidy breakup.

Top Bottom