• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rosie O'Donnell open to portraying Steve Bannon on Saturday Night Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I don't care who she plays, knowing that the sight of Rosie mocking Trump's administration would make his blood pressure rise off the charts is enough for me. I don't like Rosie either, but that shit would be glorious.
Honestly, if they can stress Trump out of office then SNL would be doing more to save America than all the branches of the government that were supposed to stop such a shitbag from taking office.

shira

th3jt7R.jpg

deadduck

I think they should try to subtly imply sexual tension that grows over each sketch if they're able to do a few together this year. Get people talking about it for a long time.

Oh yes.

Bannon not being able to stand up for fear of embarrassing himself when Trump is on the phone to Putin would be great.

C4Lukins

You know people have lost their minds when they are asking for Rosie O'Donell to make a comeback. Trump may suck, but you cannot battle him with equally unfunny entertainment.

along with three exclamation points,
Why did they have to dictate it like this rather than just show the exclamation points? Is this some rule of grammar I am unfamiliar with? It's really bothering me.

Also oh wow I've been mistaking Rosie O'Donnell for Roseanne for a very long time.

Dominator

Bannon isn't big enough of a personality in front of the camera for them to portray him on the show. Most people won't know who it is.

Bannon isn't big enough of a personality in front of the camera for them to portray him on the show. Most people won't know who it is.

He was just on the cover of Time and is discussed and shown extensively in the media, not Trump extensive - but few are to that level. Lots will recognize him, and if people don't recognize him, they'll simple see him as an evil member of the current cabinet. The fact that he has had little time on camera makes the parody an easier target too, you just need to nail the look and the rest can be exaggerated and characterized however they see fit/think funniest. Just like past SNL parodies of people from the American administrations over the decades.

This needs to happen! I love how comedy is coming hard for Trump because they know he gets all of his information from TV. Reports coming out of the White House prove it's working because he was really upset about the fact that Sean Spicer was played and humiliated by a woman! LOL

BasicMath

Rosie taking off the Grim Reaper mask to reveal as Bannon underneath...now THAT is amazing.
Yeah, Rosie doesn't actually have to do much. They can edit the normal voice in, make the reveal and have her speak 1-2 lines, put the mask on and then she's out. Bring her back as/if necessary.

ezekial45

Banned

This is actually beneficial to SNL. While Bannon has gotten increased exposure over the last few months, the show doing a skit with him will essentially define him, giving the audience that doesn't know much about him an impression of him. Once they learn more about him, they'll see what he's about.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
What? They portrayed him on the show last week as the grim reaper manipulating Trump.

snl-bannon-puts-trump-up-to-disa-750x422.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
What? They portrayed him on the show last week as the grim reaper manipulating Trump.

snl-bannon-puts-trump-up-to-disa-750x422.jpg
Maybe that's the point. The grim reaper isn't Bannon... it's a surrogate for the idea of Bannon, because we otherwise don't know him well.

There's footage of Bannon out there, but the masses won't have seen it.

Squire

Banned

This could be the start of a course to reverse that. If Rosie does it and it's funny, those clips will circulate. People will want to know who Bannon is, so the actual footage of him that's totally out there will start to circulate. Bannon would start to have a public profile and a very recognizable face. That doesn't seem to be something he wants, so that's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom