• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live - Season 43 |OT| Laughing in the Face of Destruction

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Friendly reminder.

Tonight's host is the breakout star of Fast & Furious and Keeping Up with the Joneses, Gal Gadot.

I was expecting Gal Gadot to be pretty bad, but man she was wooden as fuck.

Never again.

episode was okay. I really liked how they opened with that artist who was at the concert where the vegas shootings happened though, and it was doubly great to have him cover Wont Back Down as both a statement and Tom Petty tribute (on the same night that Sam Smith is on as musical guest too ironically enough)

Gal Gadot was freaking gorgeous in here btw, god damn. and I did like the OJ and E Channel skits quite a bit. (they have to bring back that Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani shit haha)

a few others had really good premises but were kind of squandered with bad jokes(slacker goes to narnia, the bad teen on dr. phil)

that star wars shirt was prolly my favorite gag of the night tho haha.

oh and the glass repair ad was great too.

Gal didn't seem that impressive in most her skits, sucks.

They always hide bad actors and actresses or those with no comedic talent. I remember them giving Ronda Rousey almost no lines. They get to play side characters and never the star of the skit. When Mccarthy was on (even before the Spicey thing blew up) she got the lead in almost every sketch.

bozeman

While I'm excited for Larry David, I thought Miley Cyrus did a good job last time she was host and musical guest so I hope she's in a couple of skits and not there just to perform a couple of songs.

big ander

I thought the writing staff didn't turn over much this year but that can't be true with how awful this first batch of episodes has been. Tonight I liked Update, kumail's monologue, and parts of the telemarketer-Melania pretape. the game show one was okay too. Everything else was stilted and terrible, which matches how I've felt about the first few episodes overall. A lot of really basic sketch premises with no build or turns or...jokes. Maybe having musical guests that weren't boring as all fucking hell would make me more forgiving.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
A lot of the skits this week were just so flat.
I thought they'd be able to muster great episodes off last season, but bleh.

"The hurricanes actually pushed some of the buildings back together but nobody's talking about that."

I could totally see Kelly Anne actually saying this.

Magnus

Did anyone else love the Ivana Trump bit during Weekend Update? I was dying. The Ferrero Rocher garbling her speech at the end omg hahahaha

Top Bottom