• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live - Season 42 |OT| Kenan's Still Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
iA140UE.jpg

Holy shit. I can definitely buy top left and middle left as being 'real'.

big ander

Season starts next Saturday and we don't have a confirmed cast yet. Usually the changes are confirmed a couple weeks in advance. Technically all we know for sure this year is that Moynihan, Bauer and Zamata are gone and Thompson, Che and Jost are back. I think we can assume most of the rep players are returning (if I had to pick one I'd say maybe Davidson leaves?) and that Day and Moffat are still on. Villaseñor and new additions up in the air I guess.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Why all the secrecy around the cast this year? Seems weird.

big ander

Yeah Null Redd and Guggenheim are the names I'm seeing. Though there are also rumors it's Edi Patterson or Heidi Gardner instead of Guggenheim. Hopefully the Redd thing isn't taken back again. Apparently Villaseñor confirmed she's back.

But the lack of comment on it is so odd. I expected something this week since they're working on it now. For a show Saturday. Like, the cast should be in the building, physically. I expect we'll find out today or tomorrow but at this point it would almost be cooler to find out during the credits.

big ander

Jeepers I don't know maybe because it's the biggest comedy voice on the planet rn thanks to the president?

lmao
Um, so what? Like...it needs to be secret because if they announced the names of the people who are going to be on tv in 5 days they'd be renditioned before they could stand next to Baldwin's crappy impression mispronouncing "puerto Rico"? What's the implication here

Season starts next Saturday and we don't have a confirmed cast yet. Usually the changes are confirmed a couple weeks in advance. Technically all we know for sure this year is that Moynihan, Bauer and Zamata are gone.

Oh they are? I liked Bobby and Bayer quite a bit. Zamata never really did anything worth of note. Not sure if that was her fault or the show's

Um, so what? Like...it needs to be secret because if they announced the names of the people who are going to be on tv in 5 days they'd be renditioned before they could stand next to Baldwin's crappy impression mispronouncing "puerto Rico"? What's the implication here

Thanks for spoiling the cold opening for me jerk!

Boem

Jeepers I don't know maybe because it's the biggest comedy voice on the planet rn thanks to the president?

lmao

I don't really get how your post is a response to his post.

It's tradition to announce the cast for the show earlier, they haven't now. They just had a big cast shake up because some key members have left, so it's a fair question to ask. Might suggest they're doing very late minute casting decisions.

The current popularity doesn't really have anything to do with it.

big ander

Hey there we go. Yeah I'd been seeing Guggenheim was not the one.

Don't know Null. Redd was funny in Popstar. I've apparently heard Heidi Gardner on some podcasts before but I have no recollection of her appearances.
Oh they are? I liked Bobby and Bayer quite a bit. Zamata never really did anything worth of note. Not sure if that was her fault or the show's
Bobby and Vanessa were both awesome but I'm cool with them leaving, they have other projects going on. Agreed on Zamata—she never really got a big shot, and I'm sure that's in part writers not focusing on her...but on SNL you also can't expect to be handed material on a silver platter, gotta get it produced yourself.
Thanks for spoiling the cold opening for me jerk!

MORE SPOILERS: Ryan Gosling will do an unfunny song in his monologue

CallMeSHAFT

Neo Member
Really enjoyed Redd's performance on Popstar. Remember his name was prevalent in casting rumors last season, but was a bit dissapointed that he didn't end up making it. Glad to see he's joined this season though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom