• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Round Two - Ready to fight over Schiavo's corpse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
karasu said:
I dunno, just because there's terrible shit going on elsewhere it doesn't mean you should ignore the terrible shit that's going on right around you.What, Shiavo deserves no supporters just because some kid in Ethiopa is starving right now? Of all of the things to bitch about, bitching about the fact that people care about something that they actually know about(media coverage tends to do that) is retarded. WTF are any of us doing for the starving kids of the world? Coming on the internet and whining about the people trying to do something for a starving disabled woman? Please.

The thing is, Terri Schiavo's case doesn't even qualify as terrible, especially if you're mentioning "some kid in Ethiopia" that's starving in the same paragraph. It's a tragic case, sure, but that's about it. As far as Schiavo "deserving" supporters, she doesn't. Her husband is all that she needs. And that's why the parents always lose in court.

Tedesco!

I am tired of the news being choked with various stories regarding this woman and her family. This is a human interest piece, not a full blown national story. We have no business knowing every little detail about Terri Schiavo, and I am sick of the news outlets pushing this story. It's a personal matter between the families. We shouldn't care. I know I don't.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Hammy said:
Since this case has gone through the judicial system, and both congress and the president have gotten involved, why not?

Yeah, but the distinction has to be whether you care about Terri or what the government tried to pull by interfering. I only care about the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom