• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: Titanfall 2

It boogles my mind how this game isn't the market leader. Poor taste and marketing push better 1st person shooters down like this one.

Neptonic

I own TF2 but haven't played it yet. As someone who has never played a TF game and no time to dedicate to gitting gud, is it even worth it to try out the MP? Getting murdered from every angle instantaneously by teens who play too much isn't my idea of fun...
It was just 6 hours yesterday
I don't have a problem

Chris1

It boogles my mind how this game isn't the market leader. Poor taste and marketing push better 1st person shooters down like this one.
The game had a huge fanbase, I mean the first one sold 7M despite the exclusivity it's not like it's some underrated niche franchise. it was one of the most hyped games for 2016. Even on Neogaf people were hyped for it.

It was the beta that done the real damage IMO, they changed way too much stuff and it pissed off the fanbase. Just look at the beta threads on here the meltdown was something I've never seen before over a game. The game played nothing like Titanfall 1, and even though the full game is a little better, it's still a step down from the first game. First impressions matter a lot, and Titanfall 2's first impression wasn't good at all.

The single player is fucking amazing and worth buying even for that alone, but Titanfall 1's original fanbase has EA/Origin access so a lot of people are probably waiting for it to go on that, if it does.

Dylan

I own TF2 but haven't played it yet. As someone who has never played a TF game and no time to dedicate to gitting gud, is it even worth it to try out the MP? Getting murdered from every angle instantaneously by teens who play too much isn't my idea of fun...

I wouldn't even think twice about it.

TnF2's multiplayer is tons of fun even if you aren't a sharpshooter. Depending on the mode, you can concentrate on taking down AI opponents to rack up enough points to score a Titan, and then you can just spam until you've taken enough damage to eject, and repeat.

The only real learning curve is the momentum part, but if you've played the campaign you should be golden.

I would really not pass up MP. I actually never finished the campaign because I find multiplayer so much fun it's hard to go back to single player.

haveheart

Banned
I just bought it again after selling it before my Horizon playthrough. I cannot wait to get back in and try the new live fire map!

I can see myself playing TF2 for the next 5 years. Hope it grows similar to how Rainbow Six Seige did.

Absolutely, and here's hoping.
Like this first one, this game has become my go-to "I just want to play something FUN tonight" game. I typically end up going back and forth between it and any games my friends are on every couple days. Unfortunately, its the one multiplayer game I own that I don't have any actual, real life friends playing... No matter how much I try to change that...

slyfox

As time goes on I realise just how much of a step back it is. Titanfall 2 and balance don't belong in the same universe. But my god at how it shipped with the Map Hack the way it was... And those Pilot Sentries...

Also, Awall and the camping that went with it. Not to mention Phase shift thats OP if used by the right person. This game was a step back from TF1 that focused on wallrunning and shooting by adding unnecessary fluff. It slowed down the game where camping with sentries became viable. Also, gun balance wasn't great with Hemlocks reigning supreme.

One of the few MP shooters in recent years where even dying is fun cause something crazy happens and you just laugh

Respawn and EA also deserve credit for providing free content without having to resort to exploitative loot chests. They let you buy whatever cosmetic you want without any bullshit.

As time goes on I realise just how much of a step back it is. Titanfall 2 and balance don't belong in the same universe. But my god at how it shipped with the Map Hack the way it was... And those Pilot Sentries...

It is a step back and I think most people just got used to the changes. People's initial reaction the TF2's MP during the beta is indicative of that. It's still a great game though and a lot of fun to play

Best damn shooter currently on the market. Titanfall 2 really deserved so much better than what it got, what with a launch window sandwiched between battlefield and cod.

Top Bottom