• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] 6 million $ Activision E3 party to feature Lady GAGA!.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Just the fact that Janes Addiction will be playing their shows how big of douches Activision execs are because they are definitely going to be playing "Been Caught Stealing". :lol

1-D_FTW

V_Ben said:
Talk about opulence. This is what killed E3 the last time. :lol

And it was Activision leading the chorus to kill it.

I guess we can all hope Kotick gets high on blow and a hooker strangles him with a scarf.

RedStep

MMaRsu said:
If true then it's beyond pathetic. Not only Activision but Lady GAGA is as well.

Are you not aware of the lavish parties thrown in every other industry? Have you seen the money spent on a movie premiere? Fashion shows, ShoWest, hell even Johnny Depp showed up to the D23 Expo.

This is not "pathetic", this is gaming becoming more like other entertainment mediums. That's it.

One day the nerds will realize that the dome has been removed.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I want to remix Lady Gaga music to James Cameron's Ubisoft speech from last year. It will be hyperawesome.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
pirata said:
Let's have some fun; this beat are sick
I want to snort some coke with Bobby Kotick

Fixed to be more relevant to my hopes for E3.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
they shouldn't forget to bring some pusher to the party and get cut from his dope afterwards. All money is good, Activision knows it.

subversus

RedStep said:
One day the nerds will realize that the dome has been removed.

it is already, but a lot of people still think and act like the industry and game developers owe them something.

rvy

Banned
Take your blood money and spend it on making new ips instead of milking the fucking cow every year. Bastards.

subversus

MiamiWesker said:
So this is just a party, there is no live stream of this thing. $6 million to entertain game journalists, WHY?!

Because they can and they want to show it/boast about it.

tea_and_crumpets said:
Glad to see E3 is once more becoming a spectacle - everyone remembers the dull 07'/08' years right?
Yeah but their is a difference between a party and A FUCKING $6 MILLION DOLLAR PARTY

Plus this is exactly why in '06 it exploded.

MiamiWesker said:
So this is just a party, there is no live stream of this thing. $6 million to entertain game journalists, WHY?!
And for they're VIP guest, industry investors, acti-bliz board members etc etc

The Dutch Slayer said:
posted it in the LA times story + http://twitter.com/eminem will be their :O:O

Still blows my mind:

Games industry: We can't afford E3, its to big and to crazy.
Activition: $6 Million party NO PROBLEM.....................

Makes sense as his new album's out in 5 days ago on youtube 9 days. Much better than Relapse, at least Activision have got one thing right this year.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
a Master Ninja said:
What's GAF gonna do? Its hate for Kotick pitted against its love for Gaga.

... But I D-D-D-D-DON'T GIVE A SHIT. D-D-D-D-DON'T GIVE A SHIT about Lady Gaga. :/ Nor do I give a shit about Activisions games anymore after MW2 burned me.

(Of course, I'm sure the majority of GAF will implode because of their love/hate for both parties)

J-Rzez

MightyHedgehog said:
So, Acti-Blizz is going all out in the music games genre this year?

Well, the Acti-side will be doing so considering this party is to mask them tossing in the towel against Rock Band 3. The Blizz side won't be there, they're busy removing features from their newest expansion at the moment, and planning what they're going to do with all the money they get from turning their yearly profit at Blizzcon bending over their fans.

Didn't take long for someone to say "IW bonus money went here" :lol

And, I'm pretty torn on Gaga. Sometimes she's attractive, sometimes she just looks like a real siren or succubus, and not in a sexy succubus/siren kinda way as shown in some games/movies.

Zenith

Banned
MiamiWesker said:

More to the point, why are "journalists" going to such a huge party from one of the companies whose products they're supposed to be reviewing? Conflict of interest anyone?

squicken

I remember every fucking journo fapping about seeing The Who at the rock Band/EA party. This is money well spent, sadly. Letting the fat virgin gaming journalists go to an exclusive party with celebs and pretty PR girls casually brushing their tits across their flabby arms will help stem the flow of bad press.

All anyone will talk about will be that party. About being there. About getting in. Infinity What?

Vibri

Banned
Regular E3 goers know well that Activision has always had more money than sense. Jamie Kennedy anyone?

And they always spend millions hiring top billing artists for their 'parties'. Classic small penis insecurity from a fat single CEO who has to hide in a security-card access only office most of his day.

scitek

Bad_Boy said:

Thanks for doing the face correctly. :/ is wrong.

Anyway, yeah, I like the fact that I'm missing the conferences tomorrow and only catching Nintendo's and Sony's on Tuesday. I have better things to do.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
If lady gaga was there and I was a journalist, I would make a fool of myself/lose my job because I would be going crazy :lol

Acosta

MiamiWesker said:

You may be surprised, but E3 is not only to show stuff to journalists, it´s an industry event, tons of people go there: sales director of important chains, investors, analysts and all type of journalists, not only games journalists (U.S.A Today, Ny Times, TVs... etc). So big companies always try to impress them.

Walshicus

a Master Ninja said:
What's GAF gonna do? Its hate for Kotick pitted against its love for Gaga.
Keep meaning to find out what the deal is with GAF's love for that woman. She's not a that good a singer and a bit ugly. Weird.

andymcc

Banned
Sir Fragula said:
Keep meaning to find out what the deal is with GAF's love for that woman. She's not a that good a singer and a bit ugly. Weird.

her music isn't nearly as interesting as her image.

$6 million is NOTHING, people. They made at least 5 times that by raising the price of EU DLC of MW2 for like 2 euros or something.

-viper-

Banned
So Activision are happy to blow 6 million dollars on something completely useless yet close studios and sack people at will just because their games don't sell as expected

andymcc

Banned
MMaRsu said:
her image isnt interesting either

i didn't want to stoke the flames and say she doesn't have an iota of originality but look at what you made me do.

all lady gaga does is borrow from way better artists.

andymcc said:
i didn't want to stoke the flames and say she doesn't have an iota of originality but look at what you made me do.

*glares at avatar*

I don't trust your opinion on art.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Sir Fragula said:
andymcc said:

GaGaHaters.gif

Top Bottom