• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] 6 million $ Activision E3 party to feature Lady GAGA!.

Rahxephon91 said:
Lady Gaga sucks. Keep her away from any thing related to video games please.

Why do you want to relegate video gaming to the dark ages? It's only through Lady Gaga that the industry can gain credibility.

W.T.F. ...

...gaf really loves Lady Gaga? Count me out, apart from stupid pop music being stupid pop music, she is not even pretty, actually her face is quite ugly. How can this be, here, in a sharp knees forum?

though I like the Cartman version of her song in Rock Band (oh, that might explain why she's not coming to an Activsion event :p )

ok, there is also an actual topic here. lol@ the most money-grubbing company in the industry wasting (who do they want to impress with this? the few journalists getting some stripper blowjobs to rate their shitty games a bit higher?) so much money.

andymcc

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
Why do you want to relegate video gaming to the dark ages? It's only through Lady Gaga that the industry can gain credibility.

i really don't mind licensed music in my video games, but lady gaga can stay the hell away from games i want to play.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
SolidusDave said:
W.T.F. ...

...gaf really loves Lady Gaga? Count me out, apart from stupid pop music being stupid pop music, she is not even pretty, actually her face is quite ugly. How can this be, here, in a sharp knees forum?

though I like the Cartman version of her song in Rock Band (oh, that might explain why she's not coming to an Activsion event :p )

ok, there is also an actual topic here. lol@ the most money-grubbing company in the industry wasting (who do they want to impress with this? the few journalists getting some stripper blowjobs to rate their shitty games a bit higher?) so much money.

lol.

Imagine if this post was in OT. They would shit buckets and then launch em at you.

thestopsign said:
Lady GaGa totally makes up for all of the shit they put Infinity Ward through. Activision redeemed.

She's not there though.

Activision are bigger cocks than ever just for hurting the feelings of people with good taste.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Really now? I'm afraid you're wrong.
Then again I'm sure you're used to that.
Must be nice to be self absorbed ,but yet having no actual substance. But then again that is Lady Gaga in a nutshell so I'm not surprised.

So how about you go listen to actual good music and not crap.

Rahxephon91 said:
Must be nice to be self absorbed ,but yet having no actual substance. But then again that is Lady Gaga in a nutshell so I'm not surprised.

Do you know what music even is? Obviously not if you have such rigid classifications for "good/shit."

Rahxephon91 said:
What kind of stupid post is this?

Yes music is subjective blah blah blah blah

Yes, it is. Thanks for agreeing. Maybe in the future you can not get so worked up over other people's tastes? Music elitism is pretty lame, yo.

RiskyChris said:
Yes, it is. Thanks for agreeing. Maybe in the future you can not get so worked up over other people's tastes? Music elitism is pretty lame, yo.
Perhaps you should read the thread. I didn't say anyone who liked Lady Gaga was anything at first.

Death Dealer said:
Gaga is a shitty Madonna clone with a little Marilyn Manson thrown in.

So.fucking.overrated.
Thank you.

Your tag is becoming more and more applicable as you type.
I really doubt like Lady Gaga is a measure of anything.

SolidusDave said:
W.T.F. ...

Gaga is a shitty Madonna clone with a little Marilyn Manson thrown in.

So.fucking.overrated.

DR2K

Banned
Rahxephon91 said:

Your tag is becoming more and more applicable as you type.

Rahxephon91 said:
Must be nice to be self absorbed ,but yet having no actual substance.

Last I checked I wasn't the one who enters threads for the sole purpose to say something sucks. It's little wonder why 90% of the time you post somebody responds with "tag quote lolz". Until you start putting together reasonable arguments as to why you think the way you do you'll be buried with that tag.

Rahxephon91 said:
Perhaps you should read the thread. I didn't say anyone who liked Lady Gaga was anything at first.

I read the thread. You shouldn't get so emotionally invested in other people's tastes.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Last I checked I wasn't the one who enters threads for the sole purpose to say something sucks. It's little wonder why 90% of the time you post somebody responds with "tag quote lolz". Until you start putting together reasonable arguments as to why you think the way you do you'll be buried with that tag.
And until people start actually having arguments besides "tag quote" like you there's no point.

Anybody that doesn't like Lady Gaga is probably just mentally immature, it's fine.
ok?

I like female artists and have no problem listing to pop music. Lady Gaga doesn't appeal to me what so ever. It has nothing to do with immaturity.

I read the thread. You shouldn't get so emotionally invested in other people's tastes.
I'm not sure how I'm invested in anything.

If someone could chop Kotick's head onto Obama's it could get a lot of mileage.

EsjlU.gif

-PXG-

I've heard that Activision does spend a lot of money on their press events and are really elaborate and a lot of fun. I won't be surprised if this is true.

xelios said:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs514.ash1/30312_401296176575_592701575_4848212_195748_n.jpg
Well since I like anime, shouldn't I also like Lady Gaga? Since Gaga is pretty waky and out there with her stylings.

Nice try.

Nemesis_

TheGreatDave said:
Anybody that doesn't like Lady Gaga is probably just mentally immature, it's fine.

It's typically people who see her as "Some slut who cashes in on bisexuality to sell records, and who has shallow lyrics".

As someone else said, no one ever looks at the fact that she got into Tisch at such an early age, has written songs for many artists who've been in the limelight years before she did AND can play almost any instrument and sing properly without lip syncing. All while touring for almost a year straight, filming two music videos and promoting her new album.

No, it's just people who are like LOL GAGA SUX SHE IS SO BAD SHE DRESSES FUNNY.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Nemesis556 said:
It's typically people who see her as "Some slut who cashes in on bisexuality to sell records, and who has shallow lyrics".

As someone else said, no one ever looks at the fact that she got into Tisch at such an early age, has written songs for many artists who've been in the limelight years before she did AND can play almost any instrument and sing properly without lip syncing. All while touring for almost a year straight, filming two music videos and promoting her new album.

No, it's just people who are like LOL GAGA SUX SHE IS SO BAD SHE DRESSES FUNNY.
I like you. :D

She has talent. ok. Thats not whats up for argument here. Radiohead has talent ,but they aren't for everyone. She puts her talent into areas of music I'm not into.

Nemesis_

Rahxephon91 said:
She has talent. ok. Thats not whats up for argument here. Radiohead has talent ,but they aren't for everyone. She puts her talent into areas of music I'm not into.

Well someone's changed their tone.

Nemesis556 said:
Well someone's changed their tone.
No, I still thinks she sucks. She may have "talent" ,but that talent isn't put into anything I think is worth a damn. Do I have a specific noteworthy reason for thinking she sucks other then I don't like her? Not really. Her stuff doesn't appeal to me. I don't like dance music which seems to be her stuff. I'm not above pop music ,but its not my favorite genre by any means. Do I think her stuff is shallow? Well I'm no expect so what do I know. What I do know is whatever shes singing about, no matter how clever and subtly said doesn't appeal to me. It seems to be all sex in your face stuff which isn't something I like. Perhaps theres more to it, but since I have no interests, I feel no need to sit there and try to figure it out.

Her into shtick isn't for me as well. She comes of as to silly and waky. And her personality probably is a big attraction for some. So 'oh she dresses funny" is somewhat valid. I'm incredibly turned off by her stage prescense and thats a pretty big deal.

Her music videos are also way to much for me. They come off as the "throw everything into the kitchen sink" syndrome. There like a hodgepodge of things fond in some hipster artists new york apartment. Perhaps those in a specific mindset find that appealing, me I like things simple, maybe boring so they don't appeal to me.

The entire idea of Lady Gaga isn't appealing to me and so not only do I think shes pretty overated, I also think she sucks. Perhaps I should have vocied my dislike in a nicer way.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Rahxephon91 said:
Well since I like anime, shouldn't I also like Lady Gaga? Since Gaga is pretty waky and out there with her stylings.

Nice try.

If you liked good anime you'd probably have a point.

Miguga64

Lady Gaga is talented and a good musician Overall, for people don't know, she is a well prepared musician.

I hope all the things you are saying are not real, music is about being open to all styles and ways to communicate.

And she is a really good songwriter, otherwise people could not be singing all her choruses. She can make you memorize the melody in a second, thats a good songwriter.

I am jazz musician, and I am still trying to do some solos that can remain in memory, and I think Lady Gaga is very good, and Top Notch productions are there, as top notch producers and musicians

Being really vocal about hating Lady GaGa irl is kinda a useful litmus test for insufferable people for me. It's like a near 1:1 correlation.

Not to make broad sweeping generalizations about you or anything Rahx, :lol

Top Bottom