• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: ACIV: Black Flag is sub-1080p on Xbox One

Damian.

Banned
Your posts have been kind of douchey in this thread. You should probably step outside for a little while or something and see if you need to reorganize your priorities in your life.

Here's what I take away from all this 1080p 900p 720p bullshit that's going on. I think the X1 is more powerful than this. I just think this is more a reflection that devs don't really care about hitting a 1080p native render because they don't think most gamers care. Whether or not it's true is yet to be seen. People have to remember they started developing these games way before any of this shit started, and I don't think most of the resolution wars are extending beyond hardcore gaming communities.

The truth is hard to swallow sometimes. I am simply trying to let people know they are buying a joke MS put out to kill its console business off.

i-Lo

Depending upon the distance from screen, the difference in resolution may not be that noticeable. I am more keen on knowing if there is really a difference in the draw distance as that would be more apparent.

shandy706

I bought a Wii U, and I know it is less powerful than the XBone, but power is not what I expect from Nintendo. MS made a joke console to put up against the PS4 and it fails miserably, but still has some diehard followers that don't know any better.

You expect good games from Nintendo, despite resolution, right?

So why can't someone expect good games from Microsoft?

Don't act like they don't have any. I'm not a fan of Halo, but there are huge Halo, Dead Rising, KI, Forza, etc....fans on these boards.

Buying a PC and any/all consoles for exclusives is fine. Don't add to the trash posts on this board my man/woman...rise above, lol.

Rhaxas

iAbUFwQE4FYzx.gif
this gif is just so perfect, green to reprsent the xbox and blue for the ps4. lol

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
Wow if X1 can't run ACBF at 1080p I'm seriously concerned and unimpressed, someone stick a fork in that thing.

Buying an X1 is the worst thing someone can do for the health\state of gaming IMO, I would be thrilled if they all just collected dust on the shelves.

FU MICROSOFT

Nachtmaer

A year and a half ago if anyone claimed that we would see a good number of games on the next gen Xbox would run at 720p... You would get laughed off the forum. This is just sad.

Actually, I saw plenty of posts saying that sub-1080p might still happen just like how plenty of games were sub-720p this gen. I guess here we are. Resolution vs visual fluff are trade-offs that seem to continue to happen.

Damian.

Banned

Don't act like they don't have any. I'm not a fan of Halo, but there are huge Halo, Dead Rising, KI, Forza, etc....fans on these boards.

Buying a PC and any/all consoles for exclusives is fine. Don't add to the trash posts on this board my man/woman...rise above, lol.

MS is competing against the PS4/PC, and they look like fools with what they put out. It's so obviously a joke to the gamers that fall for buying it. The tiny list of mediocre exclusives are blinding them from the ads they are subjected to and the money MS makes off the ignorance of its fanbase.

Amneisac

The truth is hard to swallow sometimes. I am simply trying to let people know they are buying a joke MS put out to kill its console business off.

I'm getting a PS4. I'm an adult capable of making my own decisions and weighing out the pros and cons as they apply to me. I think the truth that isn't being swallowed here is that you are way too heavily invested in something that shouldn't matter to you (how other people spend their money) and you have to be crazy to think MS has released the xbone to 'kill its console business off'.

I am getting a PS4 at launch, pre-ordered it as soon as I could off Amazon, and I can say that I think X1 has a better launch line up to me. Is that true for everyone? Of course not, but I can admit that because I'm an adult and I realize that I'm making a purchase based on the life of a product and how it will serve me over the next 5-8 years.

Is the Microsoft truly to blame since Forza can do 1080p apparently and this is a 3rd party cross gen port. But then the question comes up, "Why 1080p on PS4 then?"

Damian.

Banned
I'm getting a PS4. I'm an adult capable of making my own decisions and weighing out the pros and cons as they apply to me. I think the truth that isn't being swallowed here is that you are way to heavily invested in something that shouldn't matter to you (how other people spend their money) and you have to be crazy to think MS has released the xbone to 'kill its console business off'.

I am getting a PS4 at launch, pre-ordered it as soon as I could off Amazon, and I can say that I think X1 has a better launch line up to me. Is that true for everyone? Of course not, but I can admit that because I'm an adult and I realize that I'm making a purchase based on the life of a product and how it will serve me over the next 5-8 years.

I agree, people are funny creatures, and will often do things that defy all logic. Buying an XBone absolutely defies all logic after everything we know about it is in the wild. It's a funny joke by MS, and I am amused that people are actually falling for it.

Steel

Banned
Your posts have been kind of douchey in this thread. You should probably step outside for a little while or something and see if you need to reorganize your priorities in your life.

Here's what I take away from all this 1080p 900p 720p bullshit that's going on. I think the X1 is more powerful than this. I just think this is more a reflection that devs don't really care about hitting a 1080p native render because they don't think most gamers care. Whether or not it's true is yet to be seen. People have to remember they started developing these games way before any of this shit started, and I don't think most of the resolution wars are extending beyond hardcore gaming communities.

If they didn't think 1080p mattered they wouldn't bother putting it on the PS4 either, the concept of a multiplatform developer is that they try to aim for one thing, then make compromises with the hardware they have, they don't say: "hurr durr, lets make ps4 1080p and xbox one 720 with better effects, that'd be fun right?". And if what Markus is saying about draw distance is true, then it's very likely that we're talking about more than just an easily quantifiable pixel difference.

Amneisac

I agree, people are funny creatures, and will often do things that defy all logic. Buying an XBone absolutely defies all logic after everything we know about it is in the wild. It's a funny joke by MS, and I am amused that people are actually falling for it.

Okay, well at this point I'm just going to assume you're trolling.

Sky Chief

Sorry to be pedantic but the Wii U has quite a few 1080p Nintendo games...

Sothpaw

My 2 year old video card crushes the AC games. Pretty sad if true.

Which I guess makes sense since the ps4 is basically a 2 year old high end pc.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
These multiplatform developers didn't care to hit 1080p native render on one of the platforms but on the other? Wut.

Amneisac

If they didn't think 1080p mattered they wouldn't bother putting it on the PS4 either, the concept of a multiplatform developer is that they try to aim for one thing, then make compromises with the hardware they have, they don't say: "hurr durr, lets make ps4 1080p and xbox one 720 with better effects, that'd be fun right?". And if what Markus is saying about draw distance is true, then it's very likely that we're talking about more than just an easily quantifiable pixel difference.

I agree completely that the PS4 is more powerful than the xbone and that it was easier to make it 1080p, etc. I'm just saying I don't think they were going to lose sleep over getting a crossgen game perfectly optimized to run at 1080p on xbone if it was more difficult than on PS4. I realize that can have longterm implication for multiplatform games, and like I said, I'm buying a PS4, but I don't think most gamers are going to care about what native resolution their multiplats are going to render.

Ty4on

Actually, I saw plenty of posts saying that sub-1080p might still happen just like how plenty of games were sub-720p this gen. I guess here we are. Resolution vs visual fluff are trade-offs that seem to continue to happen.

IMO there's a big difference to sub 1080p and being 720p. At the very least no games (that I know of) on the 360/PS3 were 480p.

zebwinz

This rumor could very well be true but how about those sources? Marcus Beer saying it wasn't as sharp and then Jeremy Conrad (@manabyte) whose been on an extreme F* Microsoft slant for weeks now on Twitter?

Steel

Banned
I agree completely that the PS4 is more powerful than the xbone and that it was easier to make it 1080p, etc. I'm just saying I don't think they were going to lose sleep over getting a crossgen game perfectly optimized to run at 1080p on xbone if it was more difficult than on PS4. I realize that can have longterm implication for multiplatform games, and like I said, I'm buying a PS4, but I don't think most gamers are going to care about what native resolution their multiplats are going to render.

Fair enough. Once they have the system they have nothing to compare it so it wouldn't be something that comes out and hits them as bad-looking. It will still look better than 360. My only problem with it is that it's both 25% more expensive and significantly less powerful.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That post by Aaron Greenberg pretty much says it all. Wow.

Kimawolf

MS is competing against the PS4/PC, and they look like fools with what they put out. It's so obviously a joke to the gamers that fall for buying it. The tiny list of mediocre exclusives are blinding them from the ads they are subjected to and the money MS makes off the ignorance of its fanbase.

I am no MS fan, check my post history, I won't ever own one for reasons other than silly resolution issues (and really, if you care about resolution and frame rate, get a mid range PC you can game at 1080P till your heart's desire), but what you're saying is just ridiculous. People will buy the console they want for the GAMES they want to play. Simple as that. Bottom line is neither PS4 nor Xbone are impressive, they are middling systems, PS4 just happens to be middling+ is all. As a PC gamer I could tell you buying a PS4 is a joke when that 400 dollars will get you a graphics card which destroys the PS4 AND get you access to thousands of cheaper games, hell for 300 dollars you can get a graphics card which destroys it. So you should come down from your high horse for a moment. Xbone is weaker than PS4, it's been made ABUNDANTLY CLEAR with every other thread in this forum at the moment, but people will buy it based on the games they like. To me PS4 has a horrible line up, but I won't tell people to not buy it, because they may like Killzone or Knack of whatever other crap Sony is serving, just like folks may like Halo or Forza.

And also you should NEVER want a major platform to fail, not Sony, not Wii U, not Xbone. Why? because each one plays a vital role in the market you as a gamer should care about, and if any of them collapses it'll bring the entire thing to its knees.

Top Bottom