• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Arkane Austin's Prey reboot to be announced on June 12th

Jus read those leaked design documents. Damn, I really hope that's the game we'll get as the concept (a spritual System Shock successor) is rad as fuck.

EDIT: I see there are other concepts as well, setting-wise. All sound pretty good, but the first one - also the most eloborate - sounds best to me.

Oh man I'm looking forward to this whatever avenue they take TBH. Loved the first Prey, thought Prey 2 looked awesome, and obviously System Shock is great. Building off of any of those foundations for this reboot sounds good to me!

Mr. Tibbs

1. Pubs have largely entirely moved away from the studio for hire model.

2. HH bit the hand. Even if what they said is 100% the truth, no one is going to give them a big project again because of it.

If HH comes back in any way, it'll be doing smaller stuff like Obsidian is mostly doing right now.

You're first point is true,that model is pretty much dead, but in the wake of the Prey 2 debacle, Human Head actually signed with two publishers for separate AAA projects. One was cancelled in early 2013 due to restructuring and poor earnings at the publisher, while the other might see the light of day in an altered form.

AAA publishers love working Human Head. They've contributed to nearly all of 2K's releases from Bio Infinite onwards, helped out on a few big Square-Enix titles, and as the first ever company to licence the Unreal-engine, maintain a great working relationship with Epic.

Top Bottom