• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor/confirmed - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is 1080p on PS4, and 900p on XB1.

Pain

Banned
In all seriousness, do people still care? Unless you are literally sitting side by side with an Xbox One and a PS4 plugged in, can you tell? Let's say you can: does it really hinder your experience? Let's say it does: you sure you're playing games for the right reasons? Let's say you are: deal with it.
This will affect those looking to get a new console.

Lucifon

Would be good if we had a multiplayer screenshot to take a look at, see if there's any difference there.

eso76

Dat Aliasing in the picture is really awful

duh, it's not perfect but not awful either.

Not every game can be Infamous SS or Forza horizon 2.

Is it confirmed 60 though ? the amount of motion blur in released footage led me to believe it could have been 30 this time.

But hey, Youtube supports 60fps now *winks*

SgtCobra

In all seriousness, do people still care? Unless you are literally sitting side by side with an Xbox One and a PS4 plugged in, can you tell? Let's say you can: does it really hinder your experience? Let's say it does: you sure you're playing games for the right reasons? Let's say you are: deal with it.
Of course they do? This is a really silly question. Multi console owners want the best version that gives them a bang for their buck, so it's only understandable people want to know which version is better and with what it excels.

aaronwt

Not really surprising. Both are max resolutions. Now we have to see FPS.
I bet it is 30...
I thought CoD was always at 60?

I pre-ordered the $100 digital version of Advanced Warfare for the Xbox One. I've always played CoD on Xbox so I saw no reason to change and order it for my PS4 this time.

i-Lo

Well, I play frame rate not resolution; besides, looking at their previous attempt with GHOSTS, xbone version had the now stable frame rate.

Lest we forget, all games on xbone are output at 1080p anyway.

If you actually have both a PS4 and Xbox One, wouldn't you want to know which version runs at a higher resolution? Some people will simply buy the version where their friends are, but others like to buy the version that looks the best.

Regardless of whether you think it doesn't matter to you personally, or whether you cannot tell the difference personally, it does matter to some people who simply buy the version that is confirmed to run best. Its that simple! It's not a case of whether you have to have both version side by side to tell a difference, many consumers like to educate themselves on items they want to purchase, and knowing the resolution a game runs at is important for many people, especially if one version of a game is going to run at a higher resolution than a different version.

I know this may seem kinda difficult for you to understand, but for people that have a choice between buying on one console or another, they like to get the "most bang for their buck." If you only have one console, it may not affect you at all since you cannot buy the other version anyways.

SO if this is confirmed, does this put to rest the whole theory of "Microsoft encourages parity on titles they have exclusive marketing deals for" ? I know that was a big argument for Ass Creed Unity. There were comments where people believed there was no way Microsoft would allow a game that they have exclusive marketing for look better on a competing console. I would assume this could somewhat put that to rest

Well, I play frame rate not resolution; besides, looking at their previous attempt with BLOPS2, xbone version had the now stable frame rate.

Yes but they are not rendered in 1080p which induces blurriness that I know I'd rather avoid.

Pain

Banned
Well, I play frame rate not resolution; besides, looking at their previous attempt with BLOPS2, xbone version had the now stable frame rate.

Blops2 isn't on Xbone.

dude819

There are more PS4s sold so get ready to hear that in regards to PS4 this gen.

Amongst the contingent that matters to me, I am the only one that has one and it is not my main thing so none of that matters.

I just think P's and the constant digital foundry threads are tiresome.

The only thing that matters is whether a game is fun or not.

That's because KZ boosts the frame-rate from 30 FPS to 60 FPS in multiplayer if I'm not mistaken.

I thought both were 60? Regardless, I was just replying to someone asking if a game had lowered the resolution in multiplayer - which Killzone did.

Amongst the contingent that matters to me, I am the only one that has one and it is not my main thing so none of that matters.

If you don't care then don't come into these threads dismissing these issues. Some people do care about these things and want to have a discussion regarding it.

Nodnol

Expected?

It'll be interesting to see MP screens and footage at retail, along with DF's analysis too.

When it comes to COD though, I think most of the fanbase will be more hung up on frames per second. Needs to have that COD "feel". That'll be the most important techincal aspect, IMHO. It'll be interesting to see how both hold up, in relation to rendered resolution against fps.

Then don't bother coming into them and posting.

Ramblin

Banned

I don't think the thread will. Everyone on GAF knows the power difference. Again I'm not saying resolution won't make an affect, but another thread about it won't. As someone who hasn't evolved, I'm still weighing the pressure to make their platform more appealing side vs. the we made the better decision on hardware side.

Newlove

900p is fine with me. I could get the PS4 version, but I prefer the Xbox controller for fast competitive shooters like this.

On Demand

Banned
I think it's time we move on from resolution and start talking about graphic effects.

OMG! MGS TPP is using Bezier Curves on PS4! And the GI reflects perfectly off Snake's ass!

Slixshot

Banned
Looks like enough people care, maybe you should deal with it.

I get the satisfaction of knowing that I have the best version between the two, and I can tell the difference between 900p and 1080p on my TV.

In all seriousness, do you even still care that some want the most out of their console? Does it really effect you some care about this? Let's say it does: you sure you're playing games for the right reasons? Let's say you are: deal with it.

Of course they do? This is a really silly question. Multi console owners want the best version that gives them a bang for their buck, so it's only understandable people want to know which version is better and with what it excels.

If you actually have both a PS4 and Xbox One, wouldn't you want to know which version runs at a higher resolution? Some people will simply buy the version where their friends are, but others like to buy the version that looks the best.

Regardless of whether you think it doesn't matter to you personally, or whether you cannot tell the difference personally, it does matter to some people who simply buy the version that is confirmed to run best. Its that simple! It's not a case of whether you have to have both version side by side to tell a difference, many consumers like to educate themselves on items they want to purchase, and knowing the resolution a game runs at is important for many people, especially if one version of a game is going to run at a higher resolution than a different version.

I know this may seem kinda difficult for you to understand, but for people that have a choice between buying on one console or another, they like to get the "most bang for their buck." If you only have one console, it may not affect you at all since you cannot buy the other version anyways.

I apologize to all of you. You make valid points. I realize I'm making an excuse but I'm running on about 4 hours of sleep and seeing another resolution thread, which is an issue that I have already formulated my opinion and solution for, I made criticism where I should not have. Disregard the post and simply have a nice day. We're still just talking about video games around here, which is a hobby we all get to enjoy.

flkraven

I agree that it is important to know which version is rendered at a higher res. People with both consoles should know which version looks better when making a purchasing decision. However, I disagree in the idea that the higher resolution makes 1 console the defacto option. I think things like friends, controller preference, exclusive marketing deals, and online infrastructure are examples of other differentiating factors that may sway people one way or another.

N.Domixis

Banned

Edit: Apologies to those who took my comment very seriously. I realize it was brash. I'll dial it back a bit.

MUlticosole owners last gen always bought the 360 version, its now reversed nothing wierd about that.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Not to rain on anyones parade, but isn't the resoultion on Multiplayer games generally lower?

it could be that the game is 1080p in campaign and 900p in multi

That has never been the case. Single player Multiplayer resolution is always the same on COD

The only thing that matters is whether a game is fun or not

As myself and others have stated already, If you own both consoles, and you want the best version, its important to know what resolution it runs at. It matters to a lot of people, so these threads are useful.

Remember, you dont have to click on any of the DF Resolution Threads posted on Gaf, you can simply ignore them and you will never know they exist. You will stay energized, and how "tiresome" you think they are will not affect you in any way!

But it looks like right now, you just cannot resist posting in them.

Top Bottom