• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor/confirmed - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is 1080p on PS4, and 900p on XB1.

game looks like a cartoon compared to real life lol
assault-weapon-hallmark-5.jpg

If I get this game I'll get it for Xbox one do I can play with friends. I'll miss not being able to play it on my vita with remote play though.

Kysen

Lol at the last few pages, people losing their accounts over a yearly release. I'm on the fence on whether to pick this up, might wait for reviews. It cant be worse than Destiny.

FLEABttn

Banned
It amazes me that so many people miraculously have loads of Xbone-owning friends and yet, despite the PS4 selling a lot better, very few people seem to have PS4-owning friends.

PS4 owners don't have friends confirmed. ;_;

I think it depends on the people you know. PS3/360 were split about 50/50 last gen for the people I know but PS4/Xbone are about 90/10 now in favor of the PS4.

XB1 runs this game at 1360×1080 minimum, 60fps

"Minimum XboxOne resolution is 1360x1080, and dynamically scales from there to full 1080p. That’s over 50% increase from last year. Advanced Warfare runs native 1080p on PS4.
Both running at rock solid 60fps."

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/CodAW/comments/2l3s4z/call_of_duty_advanced_warfare_ama_with_shgames/clr8ew1

That's certainly an improvement if true.

LogN

I'm looking at both games running right now. It's a pretty clear difference between PS4 and Xbox One. Textures load in on the One and there is much more aliasing on it. The PS4 looks much sharper and smoother. Still some jaggies but not nearly as much as the One.

"Minimum XboxOne resolution is 1360x1080, and dynamically scales from there to full 1080p. That’s over 50% increase from last year. Advanced Warfare runs native 1080p on PS4.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/CodAW/comments/2l3s4z/call_of_duty_advanced_warfare_ama_with_shgames/clr8ew1

Isn't this the same solution that they're using the Halo collection (Halo 2 only)? DF made it seem like it was a smarter choice for upscaling than 900p. Maybe this will be the new trend for Xbox One titles going forward?

wachie

That's certainly an improvement if true.
Still slightly less pixels wrt to 900p (1600x900). It depends what % of the time slice the Xbox One version ends up, closer to full HD or this min 1360. I have a feeling DF will find the former.

JeffG

Isn't this the same solution that they're using the Halo collection (Halo 2 only)? DF made it seem like it was a smarter choice for upscaling than 900p. Maybe this will be the new trend for Xbox One titles going forward?

Maybe scales better with less artifacts. The screen shots of Halo 2 looked good

Edit: Ahhh...goes between full 1080P to 1360x1080 depending on load

Amaya

Banned
Looking nice! Going to get for PS4 because I have no friends. Out of curiosity, When people say "friends" do they mean random assholes from online? How do people keep real life friends growing up? I have no time for them. With a girlfriend and a job can't make time for everything.

How come destiny was 1080p and open world and COD which is not impressive visually 900p on xbox one? Or did they sacrifice AA and other stuff?

Karak

Yes and it popped up in a couple random dev diary's for other games as well in the last couple months, as a discussion point at least. Looks like we may be seeing that more often. DF seems to think its an excellent middle ground.

SRTtoZ

I think I'm gonna get this for PS4. I usually dont buy CoD games on release but I like the crazy futuristic shit and I want something to play using my DS4.

Rock solid? Are they only talking about MP? Because I was watching that 60fps video on youtube and when they first get outside the framerate seemed to tank.

Handy Fake

Lol at the last few pages, people losing their accounts over a yearly release. I'm on the fence on whether to pick this up, might wait for reviews. It cant be worse than Destiny.

Just went and had a shufti myself. My God. It's a bloodbath.

Top Bottom