• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Disgaea 3 is a PS Vita Launch Title

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It was listed along with some other newly announced titles here: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20110724-00000005-isd-game

Since removed....

日本一ソフトウェア
■PSV
本体と同時発売 魔界戦記ディスガイア3 Return 新規

Was the original text though.

V_Ben

Banned
That'd be pretty sweet! I'm not expecting a huge jump in visuals though... I'm guessing that it probably started as a psp title.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Misread the title as dissidia.

Amir0x said:
would buy if they replaced the sprites with HD sprites from Disgaea 4.
that would cost - at a MINIMUM - the princely sum of $500 to do. do you think NIS has that kind of money to burn

Lain

Would buy, even if a straight port, although I'd hope for some graphical enhancement to the sprites.

Slime

Banned
Funny it was removed. Really seems like Sony's trying to get its third-parties to stay quiet for some reason. I hope so, anyway, or this is going to be the weirdest launch ever.

Anyway, the PSP versions of the first two devoured so much of my productivity, so I am eager to allow this to as well.

spats

Slime said:
Funny it was removed. Really seems like Sony's trying to get its third-parties to stay quiet for some reason. I hope so, anyway, or this is going to be the weirdest launch ever.

I'm guessing they're wanting developers and publishers to hold back stuff for a concentrated media blowout at one of the two upcoming conventions (gc/tgs)

Considering the PSP got port of disgaea 1 & 2, seeing disgaea 3 as a launch title doesn't surprise me. I also expect disgaea 4 to get ported over as well.

Day1 if/when it gets here....love me some Disgaea

I dont mean to go Off topic but i noticed on the page (through translate....so i can be way off) on the bottom it said July 27 e picross 3ds. was there ever any announcement for that.....not like it matters for now I guess with Nintys progressive attitude with region locking

Tiduz

Eurogaime
-Pyromaniac- said:
Upscaled or no?
JBhFn.png

Slime said:

Anyway, the PSP versions of the first two devoured so much of my productivity, so I am eager to allow this to as well.

Developers have been announcing their games since E3 without any problems. This was just random Yahoo listing rather than an official announcement. That's probably the reason that it was removed.

spats said:
I'm guessing they're wanting developers and publishers to hold back stuff for a concentrated media blowout at one of the two upcoming conventions (gc/tgs)
TGS sounds about right, since Japan will be their big launchpad.

Pein

Banned
-Pyromaniac- said:
TGS sounds about right, since Japan will be their big launchpad.
I think vita should launch last in japan, psp is still doing good numbers over there. I woudn't want to mess that up by launching new hardware yet.

spats said:
back off xbot!
don't accuse me of liking Micro$oft!

Foffy

Banned
If true, does that mean Disgaea 3 will now be the most visually unimpressive game on Vita? :p

Not that I think the game's bad or anything. It's just not visually striking in any fashion.

Pein said:
I think vita should launch last in japan, psp is still doing good numbers over there. I woudn't want to mess that up by launching new hardware yet.
Strike while the iron is hot, I say. Do it the Apple way!

It'll be the must-own holiday gadget, a follow-up to the device still fresh in your mind, not collecting dust in your drawer. Whereas the Vita will launch in NA with as much hype as a new Zune, no matter when it comes out.

Foffy said:
If true, does that mean Disgaea 3 will now be the most visually unimpressive game on Vita? :p

Not that I think the game's bad or anything. It's just not visually striking in any fashion.

Touch controls for a Disgaea game has me mildly interested.

Foffy said:

Well, there's always Shinobido 2

Pein said:
I think vita should launch last in japan, psp is still doing good numbers over there. I woudn't want to mess that up by launching new hardware yet
Better to launch it now while people are spending money!

Slime

Banned
spats said:

That's what I've been hoping for as well, but I'm still a bit concerned. We'll see though. Japanese support is a given, at least.

SolidSnakex said:
Developers have been announcing their games since E3 without any problems. This was just random Yahoo listing rather than an official announcement. That's probably the reason that it was removed.

Really? I can't for the life of me think of a single third-party Vita game that wasn't announced before or during E3.

Wow surprised it was removed so fast. Right out of the gate RPG support would be awesome. Ive wanted to play D3 again, just to experience the post game again, with the Diez Gentlemen.

Top Bottom