• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Dishonored II teaser image and hashtag for a reveal 3+ months away leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn00zer

Unless they've majorly rebuilt the thing, idtech5 has major issues with large surface areas, so they would have to make Dishonored 2 notably less open than even the first game.

Now, that's fine if you're making a corridor shooter, but bad if you're not.

I feel it would be unfortunate if they removed the multiple paths/solutions element from Dishonored.

Bahahhahahah....what?....Rage was one of the most open shooters in years

Vargavinter

im-so-hard-right-now-thumb.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bahahhahahah....what?....Rage was one of the most open shooters in years

What he's referring to is this comment by Carmack:

Carmack said:

The above can be interpreted one of two ways. Either:

- id Tech 5 does support more than one MegaTexture (up to 128k by 128k in size) for geometry per map. but covering a sprawling open world with detailed MegaTextures would blow out the file size of such a game to an infeasible level, or
- id Tech 5 does not support more than one texture for geometry per map and 128k by 128k simply isn't large enough to cover a sprawling open world without sacrificing finer detail

Either scenario could also apply to singular larger levels if they were labyrinthine enough, however I have my doubts that Dishonored 2 will feature levels much larger than those seen in the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom