• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: GTA V set in Hollywood [Update: Rumored Cast Post 330]

jackrubyn

computerandvideogames said:
Can we take that to suggest that the next GTA could use L.A Noire's MotionScan tech where the actor's face is reproduced almost perfectly?
This would be a great complement to the physics engine. I hope they don't use the actors' likeness...ess, though. I wouldn't care for real actors in a GTA game.
So stoked for this.
Though I loved GTA IV, I always missed the diversity of San Andreas.

XNarte said:
10 to 15-year old, eh? Will GTA V finally have some youngsters in it?

Seeing as the game has a Paedophile in it, the likelihood of their being children in the game is high. He'd be a shit paedophile otherwise.

I really loved the forest areas in San Andreas. It was nostalgic when I was little and my family had to across different states to a new military base.

I also loved Las Vegas. Great art direction all around in SA. I just hope GTAV is as fun as SA. Ditch the realistic and boring as shit levels in GTA4.

Dabanton

Mmm i can almost taste that announcement give it to me R*.

I wonder if the 'man - boy lover' is James Pedeaston from GTA:San Andreas who did his show on WCTR

The Wild Traveler — Travel program hosted by James Pedeaston (Sam Tsoutsouvas[4]) Pedeaston is a child molester wanted in Malaysia and is being investigated by the FBI. He enjoys traveling the world and logging some of his most 'exotic' encounters in his travelogue, some of which he accidentally reads on-air to the disgust of the listener. His show appears to be so reviled by his listeners that at one point, he receives few calls which are not supportive. For example, a caller tells him to stop droning on about other countries and focus on talking about where he lives. He also got a phone call from a suicidal man that wanted to go to hell and he told him "Me too! Buy (me a) refrigerator magnet when you get there". On October 23, 2003, James was tried and convicted. Sometime in between his trial and the setting of Grand Theft Auto IV, a site was set up (freejames.org) asking people to donate to his legal fund. The website only received $23.

randrews

Neo Member
Dabanton said:
Mmm i can almost taste that announcement give it to me R*.

I wonder if the 'man - boy lover' is James Pedeaston from GTA:San Andreas who did his show on WCTR

According to the the leaked casting list, he is.

See below:

CHARACTERS
MATTHEW
(18-25 Male United States)
A liberal young male who believes in a conspiracy made by republicans to undermine America.
JOSE
(30-40 Male United States)
A white creepy man who thinks that technology is a poison against the wilderness.
JAMES PEDEASTON..
(40-45 Male United States)
A man-boy love activist who just got released from an Indonesian prison.
SAMANTHA
(20-25 Female United States)
A young female obsessed with sex parties, always dreaming of being a Hollywood celebrity.
ANTHONY
(10-15 Male United States)
A young, fast-talking boy fighting for the right of young boys to drink alcohol and have sex.

This seems to suggest that either this game'll be GTA5 or San Andreas Stories.

iNvid02

wait so how far along in development are they?

i have no idea how it works, but the chick who voices Juno in Assassins creed brotherhood told me they usually call em in near the end to do the lines

Xater

iNvidious01 said:
wait so how far along in development are they?

i have no idea how it works, but the chick who voices Juno in Assassins creed brotherhood told me they usually call em in near the end to do the lines

I don't think that's the case here. I also expect them to do some motion capture for the cut-scenes. Isn#t that lately all the rage?

randrews

Neo Member
Galvanise_ said:
I'd be all over that. NGP baby!
Although I know it'll never happen, I'd love for them to put SA Stories for the 3DS.

I'm also willing to bet that the casting is for the radio jingles and not for the supporting characters. Rockstar's not gonna introduce an underaged character into the game.

XNarte

randrews said:
Although I know it'll never happen, I'd love for them to put SA Stories for the 3DS.

I'm also willing to bet that the casting is for the radio jingles and not for the supporting characters. Rockstar's not gonna introduce an underaged character into the game.

I wish they'd just make them invincible or something like in Fallout 3... I know it breaks the realism by having them invincible, but not any more than kids not ever being outdoors at any point in their lives like it already is in the games.

For me it just brings so much more to an open world, especially one as detailed as GTA IV.

Angry Fork

randrews said:
Rockstar's not gonna introduce an underaged character into the game.

Just like you'd never think in 2001 you'd be able to shoot police officers, burn people alive with a flamethrower and run over civilians with a car in GTA3? etc.

I agree that I don't think they'll put in underaged kids available to kill, it'll bring them more controversy then they might be able to handle, but it's not out of the realm of possibility imo.

randrews

Neo Member
Angry Fork said:
Just like you'd never think in 2001 you'd be able to shoot police officers, burn people alive with a flamethrower and run over civilians with a car in GTA3? etc.

I agree that I don't think they'll put in underaged kids available to kill, it'll bring them more controversy then they might be able to handle, but it's not out of the realm of possibility imo.

Yeah, but in 2001 they changed the colours of the police cars in the game and excluded Darkel missions. They've made compromises in the past.

Angry Fork said:

You could do those things in the GTAs before 3.

Hey You

XNarte said:
10 to 15-year old, eh? Will GTA V finally have some youngsters in it?

Also, I would love if this was a Justin Bieber parody who tries to act older than he is.
Doubtful he would be someone you can kill or play as, probably just on the radio or TV.

XNarte

Hey You said:
Doubtful he would be someone you can kill or play as, probably just on the radio or TV.

That would be okay, I just would like for kids to exist in a GTA.

Like I said earlier, having invincible kids in Fallout 3 was better to me than having no kids at all.

I just hate that you can have "snot hanging from his nose" kid in Wind Waker, and you can hack at him and anyone else for that matter with your sword and the game just doesn't register the hits but in a game that has created such a rich and detailed world, you cant have kids at all...

Kinda of just a pet peeve of mine in games I guess ha ha...

Ark

CHEEZMO™ said:
So was I.

Now Liverpool... That's a whole different kettle of fish.

lol, imagine GTA: Scouse?

What we need, is GTA: Newcastle, just for the geordie accent.

Radogol

GlamFM said:
CVG has an interesting new rumor.

It's a terribe rumor, actually.

Real LA is boring, gameplay-wise. Los Santos is where it's at.

Besides, why would they destroy their fiction like that?

gutter_trash said:
if they bring back campy comedy vibe from PS2 series = Day 1

I doubt they'll do that. Saints Row grew from a kid-brother copycat to a god-tier leader in the over-the-top sandbox genre.

Not that it's REALLY a genre.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Radogol said:
Besides, why would they destroy their fiction like that?

If anybody cares about the 'fiction' of GTA they need to be sectioned. I think having a bunch of real world actors in some Entourage-esque GTA title would be awful but it could hardly be worse than what they did with GTA4.

caffeinedreamer said:
Sorry, but this is staring me in the face. Scottish or British, please.

The Houser brothers are English, if that's the 2 guys they were talking about.
Edit: wow I'm replying to ancient posts!

GTA in a genuinely named location huh?... wouldn't be a first (London), but still surprising.

Dennis

Banned
GTA V is based in real world Los Angeles, and features "incredible" actors and contributions from modern R&B/hip-hop stars.

features a block-by-block real world depiction of modern day Los Angeles
That sounds incredible.

Oh fuck, I just remembered it will be for current gen consoles.

I really wish they would just wait for next gen now.

Dennis

Banned
jett said:
If LA Noire has taught me anything is that Los Angeles is fucking boring to play in.
Did you play San Andreas?

Nothing boring about that.

You just have poor taste is all.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
One day I want to make a website and post rumors out of my ass.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Another GTA set in my home town? Yes please! :)

I hope they expand a little further on the more rural locations this time around too.
DennisK4 said:

Wisdom.

Micerider

I keep wondering why they would not set a GTA in an European city (well, aside from the old GTA London). And there is only ONE reason I think this would be fantastic :

- Many European cities are funky when it comes to road organization.

US cities have, for the most of them been build with a clear geometrical mindset that allows to organize the roads and building structure "mostly" in squares. Whereas European cities have, for most of them kept their incremmental structure which originated from their centuries old past. Results : much less straight roads, much more tiny un-expected passages ---> more potential for driving fun.

London and Paris are particularly exceptionnal in these regards.

Paris is a bit more convoluted but I think London might fit better in the "GTA" mindset with it's excess.

But they should not eve stop There, Barcelona would also be magical with the sea-side and the mountain in the back.

Outside of Europe...well, obviously Tokyo, definetely Tokyo, but I'm afraid that this would never happen, not "polycultural" enough.

Radogol

Nirolak said:
As a note, CVG has one of the worst original rumor accuracy rates in the industry.

Rumour Mine can't be beaten. Some highlights are:

Fallout Tactics: New Vegas
Gangstar 2: Las Vegas
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Dragon Age 2
Okamiden
Grim Fandango
Dante's Inferno
Final Fantasy Agito XIII
Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2
Mirror's Edge 2

All of these and more coming to your iPhone!

Most of their rumors go like this, though: Gameloft making new game! A new iPhone in the making at Apple! Well, no shit, Sherlock.

DennisK4 said:

Did you play True Crime?

Los Angeles is boring. A version of Los Angeles tuned specifically to be a fun sandbox is great.

bill0527

DennisK4 said:

For me though, the best parts of the game were once CJ was out of the hood in south central. I found that part of the game boring and it didn't really pick up for me until he was able to go into the mountains and San Fiero and Las Venturas.

offshore

I'm not against whatever location R* choose, so long as it has variety in the environments, like San Andreas did. City, country, desert, woodland...SA had it all. GTA V needs the same, whatever the location. Even if it needs some poetic licence.

jett

D-Member
DennisK4 said:

San Andreas isn't real-life, block by block Los Angeles. LA Noire is, and it's as flat as an asian girl.

Hey You

If its true, this is what the 5th Take2 game set in LA?

Marleyman said:
My body needs this announced at Microsoft's E3 conference.
Me too! Come on Rockstar give us GTA fans some love!

mt1200

Grand theft auto in current Mexico or 80's Colombia.

Hollywood is LA isnt it?, San Andreas already did LA with Los Santos

FStop7

Banned
jett said:
San Andreas isn't real-life, block by block Los Angeles. LA Noire is, and it's as flat as an asian girl.

GTA3, VC, and GTA4 were in pretty flat locales. I would prefer San Francisco if they're going to do another US city.

SpartanDL

Neo Member
Hollywood is not that big, so I hope it would be Los Angeles. I would not mind playing a in Southern California again.

Top Bottom