• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Halo movie next year, Speilberg behind it

RibbedHero said:
For a fleeting second I thought HBO was going to do a Halo miniseries. I am now dissapointed.

I dream of a show in the style of firefly, with odst's, starring the cast of...firefly!

WrikaWrek

Banned
Transformers Dark of the moon just did 1.1 billion dollars in international box office.

Somehow, I think Halo can do better than Transformers. Studios probably see it too.

sajj316

I guess I can get behind this. I would like this to be an adaptation of the actual game. Not some side story ..

Dunk#7

Well Made Metal Gear Movie > Well Made Halo Movie

I wish every mention of a Metal Gear movie would stop falling through

Chinner

Banned
JB1981 said:
Someone needs to get Cameron to direct this shit. Fuck Avatar
i see what you did here. "cameron!"" and then someone will be like "he already made it its called aliens" and then you sit back as the fanboys fling their feces at each other.

seriously though hes already directed it and its called aliens.

Yen

Dunk#7 said:

Bale would've been a great Snake.

.la1n

Sorry guys this is not the news you were looking for. Takes us back to the future when Neill and Spielberg were working on this and WETA had amazing gear ready to go and we'll talk.

Xenon

I only want two things from this movie, great action and development of the Master Chief's and Cortana's relationship.

jagowar

JB1981 said:
Someone needs to get Cameron to direct this shit. Fuck Avatar

I thought this too.... alot of the stuff in avatar looked like it could be from halo. Take out the navi, add some halo characters and you basically have the halo move.

Spielberg could be an interesting choice too... He really hasn't had that epic blockbuster of late and this could be his "avatar".

_dementia said:
I'm going to assume that was intentionally inflammatory, but I'm not sure. I've never seen Aliens, so I can't judge.

I wasn't sure either..that's why all sarcastic posts should be in orange text.

Hey You

Guerrillas in the Mist said:
And Peter Jackson fought hard for it the first time around. It's strange that two of the film industry's most bankable names have struggled to get a Halo movie into production is pretty amusing. If were a studio exec and those two came by saying they really wanted to make this, I'd hand them the money straight away.
The folks at Microsoft/343i want (if there is one) the Halo movie to be done right and at the right time. No need to rush it I think.

I know we'll get one.

Too bad not any time soon.

Deadly

I don't know.. The casual crowd will come in expecting Master Chief and probably be disappointed he wasn't in it. I think an adaptation of Fall of Reach would have been the best choice.

Busty

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
Transformers Dark of the moon just did 1.1 billion dollars in international box office.

Somehow, I think Halo can do better than Transformers. Studios probably see it too.

Oh do shut up.

clashfan said:
He copied Halo so much in Aliens, he needs to return the favor and make a Halo movie.

My sarcasm detector is loading a firmware update so I can't use it on your post but I'm going to assume it's satire.

But if it's not.....,fuuuuuuucking hell.

sp3000

It's better if it's not made. A halo movie would be butchered so badly by the studio. Spielberg should stay away from it also, he hasn't made a good movie in years. Also his sci fi stuff is pretty light compared to anything halo has.

Blompkamp is the only one who could do it. It would have to be r rated, anything else would just make it into a joke. The halo shorts captured combat perfectly. It needs to be gritty and still have expansive vistas and beautiful images. Peter jackson would also work.

Mikey Jr.

First Halo Movie: "We have to take out the ring before it wipes out the galaxy!"

Second Halo Movie: "Theres another Halo ring! We have to take it out before it wipes out the galaxy!"

Third Halo Movie: There is something on Earth that will activate all the rings! We have to take it out before it wipes out the entire galaxy!"

Lets hope they don't go this route.

Hopefully it doesn't go this route. I really liked Reach's story.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dunk#7 said:

True, but at least the plot would be comprehensible in the Halo movie.

LowerLevel

Man a nice trailer with some O'Donnell music behind it... Our luck it will be Soulja Boy or some other extremely crappy "musician" nowadays.

sp3000 said:
It's better if it's not made. A halo movie would be butchered so badly by the studio. Spielberg should stay away from it also, he hasn't made a good movie in years. Also his sci fi stuff is pretty light compared to anything halo has.

Blompkamp is the only one who could do it. It would have to be r rated, anything else would just make it into a joke. The halo shorts captured combat perfectly. It needs to be gritty and still have expansive vistas and beautiful images. Peter jackson would also work.

Speilberg has the perfect mix for the wonder of the Forerunners and the action in the combat. I love Blomkamp but his photography style is completely at odds with the material. Even his commercials missed the look of the game completely. I have yet to see anything live action of Halo done well.

Really, the best sci fi anything that resembles Halo is Avatar. The lighting, mood, and photography was bang on for the material. Cameron would never do the movie though. I don't see why Halo being an R rated film makes sense. The games may as well be rated T, it is almost like Microsoft encourages the ESRB to stick an M on it.

I'd prefer they made a film off the Fall of Reach and did it CG like the Halo Wars Blur cutscenes. That is unlikely though as it has been box office poison to go that route.

clashfan

Busty said:
My sarcasm detector is loading a firmware update so I can't use it on your post but I'm going to assume it's satire.

But if it's not.....,fuuuuuuucking hell.

Aliens 1986, Halo 2001. lolz

LOL @ anybody who believed this news.

It's well known Spielberg acquired the rights for Dreamworks a couple years back. But if you think he's going to direct it there is something wrong with you.

He's shooting Lincoln next year, followed by Robopocalypse.

Scullibundo said:
LOL @ anybody who believed this news.

It's well known Spielberg acquired the rights for Dreamworks a couple years back. But if you think he's going to direct it there is something wrong with you.

He's shooting Lincoln next year, followed by Robopocalypse.

Yeah and he just got done finishing Warhorse. The news is bunk, unless Speilberg will produce it. There really isn't a chance that he'll direct.

Top Bottom