• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Halo Wars Definitive Edition Coming to Steam (Using Steam Features)

MrToast

This would be very random, I mean we have Quantum Break on Steam, but unless they plan to release other first party titles like this, I'm not sure what the point is.

we'll see, but after that whole ordeal with the Halo trilogy rumors, I'm cautious to believe this.

If it does actually make it to Steam, will buy... eventually.

wait, can you not buy it stand-alone on the W10 store? I just looked, and it says it's an add-on for HW2

There are multiple RTS games that have sold several million copies on Steam like the Age of Empire series and the Total War series. Halo Wars has the potential to do very well on Steam.
That may be true but those are established RTS franchises. Halo Wars isnt. Also when people ask for Halo they're asking for Halo not Spartan Assault or Wars spinoff titles.

Blam

Microsoft let Remedy release the Steam version of Quantum Break in the Win32 format and it was playable on Windows 7 and newer.
Assuming Microsoft is doing this to make back the money they spent on this remaster I would think they would want to get this to as large of an audience as possible.

I can say that it is Win32 just like quantum break.

W.S.

Of course, but besides that you'd think there would be some strategy to releasing more than that on Steam though, if this really is happening.

Yeah that's what strikes me as odd. MS puts a few 1st party titles on Steam to make more money sure but it's so sporadic and on top of that at odds with what they're doing with the Win 10 store.

Sini

This is making me consider them.
Are they good on PC controls wise? I have heard bad things about HW2 PC specifics.

Well it's up to Microsoft - if they ever want to see single eurocent from me they have to release their games on steam without any uwp or dx12 only bullshit.

Top Bottom