• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Killing Floor 2, Blackgate HD, HALF MINUTE HERO 2, etc leaked on Steam

Killing Floor was a gift from a friend and it was my second game on Steam (next to Team Fortress 2 which I bought). Totally loved it! Headshots always feel satisfying.

It sucked that they started adding weapon DLCs back then though. I get the feeling KF2 will be F2P. They should just stick to character and weapon skins.

Grief.exe

Well, Red Orchestra 2 is on Unreal 3 so they have experience. Unless you meant Unreal 4.

Oh man KF2 with UE4

iOAkY6nNZaicn.gif

Bor

Neo Member
I'm really curious to learn more about the steam release of Black Mesa. If i remember correctly the devs made some more ore less cryptic comments aobut it, which led some people to believe that it'll run on a new engine. Please let this be the first source 2 game!

denx

I'm really curious to learn more about the steam release of Black Mesa. If i remember correctly the devs made some more ore less cryptic comments aobut it, which led some people to believe that it'll run on a new engine. Please let this be the first source 2 game!

The devs already confirmed that Black Mesa is not running on Source 2. Sorry to disappoint.

Quirah

'Sins of a Dark Age', very sexy name for a stealth based Dishonored-like action adventure game. But it is MOBA :(

An exciting list. Battleblock Theater, Blackgate HD, and Pac-Man Museum are all things I'm interested in, but the biggest reveal here is definitely Half Minute Hero 2.

Oh shit, a PC version of the Ascension Deckbuilding game.

This was Kickstarted last year and went into beta for KS backers a week or two ago.

Hasney

THE REAL MEGATON IS HALF MINUTE HERO 2 😦

Bigger news is Half Minute Hero Two!

HALF MINUTE HERO TWO

I'M SCREAMING

SERIOUSLY WAS THIS KNOWN BEFORE?! FUCK

HALF MINUTE HERO 2!!! YESSS!

IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY THERE WAS A SURVEY ABOUT IT OR ABOUT SOMETHING FOR IT BUT NOTHING WAS OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED IN REGARDS TO AN ACTUAL LOCALIZATION.

HALF MINUTE HERO TWO

OMG you're right!!!
Yeeeeeeeees!

THIS IS THE BIGGEST RELEASE FOR ME OF 2014 AND I'M NOT EVEN BEING SLIGHTLY HYPERBOLIC. HOLY FUCK.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Killing Floor was a gift from a friend and it was my second game on Steam (next to Team Fortress 2 which I bought). Totally loved it! Headshots always feel satisfying.

It sucked that they started adding weapon DLCs back then though. I get the feeling KF2 will be F2P. They should just stick to character and weapon skins.

I believe the weapon dlc is mostly communty stuff?

Glass Rebel

Between CV Mirror of Fate and Arkham Origins Blackgate, Western publishers seem to be telling us not to buy their handheld games.

Also HMH Two wooot!

Eusis

Between CV Mirror of Fate and Arkham Origins Blackgate, Western publishers seem to be telling us not to buy their handheld games.

Also HMH Two wooot!
It's kind of like what I said above: Vita seems more like a platform to get portable versions of games than getting them exclusively for them, namely for western developed games. And admittedly a lot of indies are a great fit for it, Spelunky's the kind of game you could want to just whip out and play while having some down time for example.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Didn't have any idea Killing Floor was so loved, seeing as I never heard of it before the latest Holiday Steam Sale. Thanks for the hype, I'm really looking forward to playing it now.

Any chance Killing Floor 2 will have Oculus Rift support? Someone said Unreal Engine, and the Rift ran that demo in the Unreal Engine...

Skittles

Killing floor 2? It's about time, god damn. The first has slowly been dying the past couple years because of no game changing content. Event updates were shit because they ruined all of the enemy hitboxes each time and introduced absurdly priced dlc

Storm360

This list is legit... I have a few titles from it in my library.

Seems like Steam stats flipped and displayed the least popular games instead of more.

How was B AO:Blackgate? I keep meaning to pick it up

If Half Minute Hero 2 is genuine, then that's quite an interesting development, since it's the first time I can remember that a Japanese publisher funding a PC port specifically for the western market.

It also raises the possibility of MAQL porting some of their other games over.

ArjanN

Huh, Hitman Pro? The now cancelled SE Montreal project perhaps?

And DI:Epidemic...that's the F2P if I'm not mistaken?

"Hitman Pro" is an anti-malware program.

Before the DLC yes. After : FUCK NO.

They've given away a shit ton of extra content for free, then eventually they charged for some stuff you don't even need. Big deal.

If Half Minute Hero 2 is genuine, then that's quite an interesting development, since it's the first time I can remember that a Japanese publisher funding a PC port specifically for the western market.

It also raises the possibility of MAQL porting some of their other games over.

I think they also teased Grand Knights History before.

The DLC doesnt unbalance the game tho, and the majority of the DLC is free. KF is one of the few games i actually buy cosmetic DLC for, because the devs give so much stuff away for free as it is, i like supporting them by buying the DLC.
I cant think of any paid for DLC thats so OP as to ruin the game, and ive played that game for almost 200 hours

Glass Rebel

It's kind of like what I said above: Vita seems more like a platform to get portable versions of games than getting them exclusively for them, namely for western developed games. And admittedly a lot of indies are a great fit for it, Spelunky's the kind of game you could want to just whip out and play while having some down time for example.

Well, I bought the thing for Japanese games so I'm alright :p

ArjanN

The DLC doesnt unbalance the game tho, and the majority of the DLC is free. KF is one of the few games i actually buy cosmetic DLC for, because the devs give so much stuff away for free as it is, i like supporting them by buying the DLC.
I cant think of any paid for DLC thats so OP as to ruin the game, and ive played that game for almost 200 hours

I pretty much consider it a tip jar for the developers.

I also didn't think the DLC weapons were all that overpowered, and Killing Floor doesn't even have PvP anyway.

ArjanN

I completely missed Double Dragon Neon for Steam being leaked a while ago, that leaked around Christmas but seemed to get buried because of the thread moving a mile a minute back then.

Well yeah, but I get annoyed when I see the words "DLC" or real life prices on items when I play games. It takes me out of the game.

TF2 at least doesn't say "you don't have X weapon, here's the price" unless you wander in the real store, which you don't do while playing.

ArjanN

Well yeah, but I get annoyed when I see the words "DLC" or real life prices on items when I play games. It takes me out of the game.

TF2 at least doesn't say "you don't have X weapon, here's the price" unless you wander in the real store, which you don't do while playing.

I think TF2 is actually even more in your face with all the items/drops/trading requests etc.

Sentenza

HMH 2, the game everyone is hyped the most about and also the one no one will actually buy!

Sorry, just kidding. Sort of.

Chronoja

Disciples: Reincarnation is not dead / in limbo? Great news!

You can already buy it on Gamersgate and it redeems on steam.

Also haven't we known about Killing Floor 2 for a long time now. It appeared in the last registry leak under "Project Calamity" or something did it not?

Top Bottom