• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Killing Floor 2, Blackgate HD, HALF MINUTE HERO 2, etc leaked on Steam

Krakn3Dfx

Wth is Dead Island: Epidemic.

Whatever, give it to me.

Edit: Oh, found the webpage for it, isometric moba bullshit.

Nevermind, you can keep it.

Kouriozan

HMH 2, the game everyone is hyped the most about and also the one no one will actually buy!

Sorry, just kidding. Sort of.
Hey, but I double dipped for the first on Steam because they said they might localize the sequel if the first game sold well.
Also because it's a great game too.

Great news about Killing Floor. As someone who doesn't care about Red Orchestra I've been patiently waiting for Tripwire to return to their best product. They've done a great job with updates and community events to keep the game alive long after everyone thought it would be, and I expect KF2 to be just as good.

Good news about Battleblock Theatre as well. My guess is they took so long making that game that they originally signed an xbla exclusivity deal back when Castle Crashers shipped and XBLA was a much bigger deal to the downloadable/indie world. Then by the time the game finally came out everything had already moved to Steam and PSN.

MDSLKTR

This list is legit... I have a few titles from it in my library.

Seems like Steam stats flipped and displayed the least popular games instead of more.

How was B AO:Blackgate? I keep meaning to pick it up

It's a literally a rocksteady batman game in a sidescroller form. Same exact gadgets, combat and exploration and it has that metroid feel. I like it but I could do without the constant finger scanning on the vita.

colt92

Neo Member
Killing Floor 2? So much win. I invested more than 200 hours on the first one, and I know people with +1000 hours who will be quite pleased to hear about it.

Prophane33

All this Killing Floor hype is making me want to give the game another try. Played a couple rounds a two weeks ago and I couldn't get into it. No More Room in Hell, however, is what I wanted L4D to be. I can't put it down.

Seeing BattleBlock Theater makes me so excited. I really hope they release Alien Hominid HD too. AH on Gamecube was amazing.

colt92

Neo Member
All this Killing Floor hype is making me want to give the game another try. Played a couple rounds a two weeks ago and I couldn't get into it. No More Room in Hell, however, is what I wanted L4D to be. I can't put it down.

Starting Killing Floor is difficult and boring if played alone or with tards (the usual in Normal and Hard servers). It gets interesting on Suicidal and HoE difficulties, which require more than a few hours to be played: you have to learn the strategies that each map involves and get a few of your perks up to level 5-6.

Toy Soldiers: Complete, presumably the first two games that were on 360? (Not sure if either came to PC) probably also what they're putting on Xbox One

hoggert

Ahhhhhhhh HMH2!!!! Finally double dipped during the winter sale, and if this turns out to be true ahhhhhhhh I can't handle it.

plc268

Blackgate was a huge disappointment for me. I mean, it's a sidescrolling metroidvania style game. Gotta be great, right?

Meh. It's not terrible, but after loving Arkham Asylum and being a huge fan of metroidvanias, it's just mediocre. It's a sidescrolling game, but you move around in a 3d space. It effectively makes the map worthless (or least, hard to understand). I could forgive it if the gameplay was actually interesting, but it's not. You're basically on autopilot as you just press a button to get to a ledge with your hook... over and over again.

I dunno, I expected it to be too much like metroid, I guess.

Oh good, I'm glad to see we're getting Half Minute Hero 2.

Half Minute Hero didn't amaze me all that much. It's not one of the more interesting Japanese RPGs that was once console or handheld exclusive.
But it was still fun, and a step in the right direction. I'm very happy that MarvelousAQL is interested in Steam.

Slambot6

Neo Member
ITS-all-good.png

Killing Floor 2 is yes please.

Towerfall Ascension? As in the Ouya exclusive?

Top Bottom