• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: King of Fighters XIV potential full roster leaked (48 characters + 2 bosses)

Slygmous

Kula Diamond is a lock. she has not missed a KOF game since her debut.

hell, she was even on the shitty 3D one

She missed XII and the first Maximum Impact, if you count those.

No Whip is a great loss though, even though she's been gone a while.

Warxard

Banned
I really hope not all three Korean characters would do WHOA KYAKOO, maybe give them variations like the Kim brothers in Garou.

Also Alice? I googled and apparently she's a pachinko character from Garou.

latest

She's a student of Kim's at his dojo, and uses a mix of Taekwondo and Terry's own unique fighting style. Basically a more competent Shingo for Terry.

Whompa02

Doesn't matter who is or isn't in it. Visually the game looks like trash...I really hope they rethink how these visuals look

lupinko

I can't wait for Russian Billionaire and Handicap Boxer, my two favourite characters.

PR Balrog shall be now known as PR Handicap Boxer.

Mesoian

I wasn't gonna buy this.

Then Team Mexico

And now I have to seriously consider buying this.

Love Angel so much.

I'd be so hyped about this game if it didn't have such hideous 3D graphics. Such a bummer they didn't make it look like KOF 13, GG Xrd or BlazBlue. Oh well, here's hoping the gameplay is stellar enough to make the ugliness of the characters not matter.

Karsha

There are a lot of ??? spaces so I wouldn't cut some characters out. For example china team has only Tung fu rue and there are some teams with all 3 characters hidden . Now im not sure if that mark means totally a new character or still to be decided though

Spman2099

This would help to justify their INCREDIBLY awful graphics to a certain extent. I still have no faith whatsoever in this game. That being said, if Vanessa had been revealed I am sure the hype would be building for me as well. Against my better judgment, of course.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Is this not the same leak plus video from the past few weeks? I was hoping for new supporting finds.

Anywho, while I LOVE XII and XIII's graphics... most modern, paying gamers perfer character numbers. SNKP held on to pixel sprites longer and with more quality than basically anyone else... but even they need to embrace 3D for great project production. More (and probably cheaper) talent out there for it, and probably easier to reuse assets between many projects to boot. People asked for this for years...

I still wish they'd cut their modern 3D teeth on another smaller cast project first, but whatever.

I don't know why anyone would lament characters missing from the starting roster. DLC is very likely for all modern fighters. From this kinda start, we'd get as many 3 person teams as other games get single characters.

Let us hope that playstation event gives substance to some of this info.

Marz

This is not a leak guys, its just a rumor. This isnt some SFV datamine shit.

N this roster sucks ass. No yama-fucking-zaki

Tizoc

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
That's quite a bad translation.

Mid boss should be "Russian tycoon" and the end boss is just a "humanoid"/"humanoid species"

Espada

What problem does SNK Playmore got against black people all over the world?

Fighting games in general aren't the best place to look. If we're lucky to get a black or darker skinned person they're often a walking stereotype or subject to whitewashing.

There is hope for the South American Team I guess

Don't get your hopes up, their track record doesn't inspire much confidence.

This roster is... okay. There's some names there that make me very happy to see them back, but others are conspicuously absent. It doesn't help that the games visuals are less than impressive. I might just wait for an enhanced version down the line that adds the missing characters.

Top Bottom