• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Kingdom Hearts 2.5 to have II, Birth by Sleep, and Coded

aravuus

Progression would be okay too, I guess. But it should never, EVER allow for infinite walljump chaining. Completely gamebreaking and not fun.

It was alright in battles, but it completely ruined the level design. DDD's level design was fucking atrocious.

Soriku

Progression would be okay too, I guess. But it should never, EVER allow for infinite walljump chaining. Completely gamebreaking and not fun.

I loved the walljump :p No other game lets you do shit like that (that I'm aware of). Even though you could do infinite walljump, it's not like there were secret areas or anything that the walljump made it too easy to get to when things should be much harder. The walljump lets you go on top of large buildings...but that's kind of it. Maybe there were some enemies or a chest but nothing special. So I didn't mind scaling huge buildings and jumping off and flying/walljumping all over the area.

Just making sure, 358/2 days is just the cutscenes right? This HD collection only comes with 2 playable games? Not that i'm complaining, i'm excited to play KH1 FM, not so much COM, but meh i'll take it. And i despised 358/2 days. I always knew when the trio of handheld KH games were announced years ago that BBS was the only one that was gonna be worthwhile.

sappyday

Just making sure, 358/2 days is just the cutscenes right? This HD collection only comes with 2 playable games? Not that i'm complaining, i'm excited to play KH1 FM, not so much COM, but meh i'll take it. And i despised 358/2 days. I always knew when the trio of handheld KH games were announced years ago that BBS was the only one that was gonna be worthwhile.
Yea you're right but you get trophies for watching the cutscenes if you care about that kind of stuff.

Only ever played the original KH2, what's so great about Final Mix?

- Truckload of extra bosses
- More sidequests
- Hell, just more extra content in general, especially in the postgame
- New attacks/abilities
- Extra difficulty that actually makes the game challenging
- Game balance is tweaked to be less of a cakewalk than the original version of KH2 was

libregkd

Main thing is they added a new dungeon to explore in addition to adding...6/7 new bosses with an addition of a Organization XIII boss rush room where to can face each of the 13 Organization members as many times as you'd like. Had other things too like an additional Drive Form (Which allowed Sora to use some of his KH1 abilities like Ragnarok, Strike Raid, etc.), new cutscenes, higher difficulty mode, new abilities/weapons/heartless/, additional collection quest/minigame dealing with puzzle pieces, but of small little tweaks throughout the whole game, etc. Its an all around better game that goes beyond just adding a few extra like KHFM did.

Maaaaan. If you like KH2 you are in for a treat when KH2FM likely releases here when the next HD collection comes (If you buy it that is).

KH2 Final Mix adds:

-Roxas boss fight at the beginning of The World That Never Was.
-Chain of Memories Organization members (Zexion, Larxene, Marluxia, Vexen, Lexaeus) as optional boss battles throughout the story.
-Optional super versions of all 13 Organization member fights as late game bosses.
-Lingering Will (Terras Armor) as optional late game boss.
-New Drive Form
-Max Drive level increased
-Many new abilities (including Exp 0 for ultimate KH challenge :3)
-New weapons
-Many new accessories
-New difficulty setting
-Christmas outfit for Sora, Donald and Goofy in Christmas Town <3
-New cutscenes
-New sidequest with collectible Crown Puzzle Pieces
-New sidequest with new Mushroom Heartless
-New late game dungeon
-Theater mode
-Recoloured heartless
-Some new music tracks

I probably forgot something :lol You can even get different crowns for Sora like in my avatar by doing the late game stuff.

To name a few changes.

Why not on 360? they would get a new audience
Honestly if they don't announce 360 version for western release then KH3 could possibly be Playstation exclusive...
But then again in psblog they said something like having more info on why localization is taking so long or something so who knows, maybe we will get Xbox version.

Oh alright... i guess since i am mainly in it for the ride, meaning for the story, atmosphere and seeing the different worlds etc, this wouldn't do much for me then!

Would still buy for BBS HD though since i never played it on PSP.

inimPEKZZoVsv.gif

tumblr_m4nspkXUOs1rt8ohzo1_500.gif

Oh alright... i guess since i am mainly in it for the ride, meaning for the story, atmosphere and seeing the different worlds etc, this wouldn't do much for me then!

Would still buy for BBS HD though since i never played it on PSP.

FM is more fun even in just casual playthrough. Good example is when you are in christmas town you get new costumes and new music. Also the new story boss with Roxas is quite epic. And then there is the new drive form you get quite early.

BBS FM has some cool stuff too but KH2FM is the real deal.

Drago

DDD is the only Kingdom Hearts game I currently own, so after I get the two collections I'll have every Kingdom Hearts game (well, technically DS aside)

sweet :)

Soriku

Honestly if they don't announce 360 version for western release then KH3 could possibly be Playstation exclusive...
But then again in psblog they said something like having more info on why localization is taking so long or something so who knows, maybe we will get Xbox version.

PS Blog says it's available exclusively for PS3.

The Remix isn't multiplat simply because...they like making KH games exclusive. That's really it. A lot of people are saying KH3 will be multiplat but it has a higher chance of it being exclusive.

KH2FM and BbSFM????? too good to be true......

tumblr_inline_mj9n9iR7QS1qz4rgp.gif

FM is more fun even in just casual playthrough. Good example is when you are in christmas town you get new costumes and new music. Also the new story boss with Roxas is quite epic. And then there is the new drive form you get quite early.

BBS FM has some cool stuff too but KH2FM is the real deal.

Oh ok, that MIGHT just be enough for me to replay it then ;)

Is a Europe release in the cards as well or just a US one? If not, no biggie since PS3 is region free :D

Meelow

Banned
To name a few changes.

I think KH3 being a PS3/PS4/WiiU game would make more sense.

But that's what I think.

Oh ok, that MIGHT just be enough for me to replay it then ;)

Is a Europe release in the cards as well or just a US one? If not, no biggie since PS3 is region free :D

Well we know the first collection is coming over so naturally the next one will as well but who knows how long it will take. Probably close to 1,5 years ;-;

But that's what I think.
Then they made the most retarted decision ever not doing the collections for Wii U.

Soriku

If they planned KH3 for Wii U they'd make the Remixes multiplat. But they aren't.

Cross gen doesn't sound like something they'd do, either. It's most likely PS3 or PS4 exclusive.

PS Blog says it's available exclusively for PS3.

The Remix isn't multiplat simply because...they like making KH games exclusive. That's really it. A lot of people are saying KH3 will be multiplat but it has a higher chance of it being exclusive.

Reasons I can think of for HD remix being exclusive:

1. Easier to port ps2/psp games to ps3 than to port to xbox/nintendo
2. Demographics; big overlap between KH and FF fans and FF fans are mostly on ps3 this gen
3. For whatever reason Nomura's games have all been on a single platform so far

I think KH3 will most likely be ps4 exclusive. I would have said ps3 but it's too late for that.

Tagg9

2. Demographics; big overlap between KH and FF fans and FF fans are mostly on ps3 this gen

I think KH3 will most likely be ps4 exclusive. I would have said ps3 but it's too late for that.

I doubt No. 1 is a factor - if anything, it is probably easier to port to Xbox/WiiU compared to the PS3 architecture.

It's more to do with the fact that PS3 is console king in Japan and that Kingdom Hearts games have traditionally been on Sony platforms.

Soriku

It's a mix of 2 and 3. In terms of demographics there'll be more KH fans on Sony consoles than Nintendo and obviously Xbox which has had no KH game ever. I think this gap is smaller with handhelds, but with consoles, not so much.

Then Nomura likes making exclusive games, and if they're choosing one, the PS3 is the console that makes the most sense.

I wouldn't count out KH3 on PS3 yet. The window of opportunity is getting smaller though.

It's a mix of 2 and 3. In terms of demographics there'll be more KH fans on Sony consoles than Nintendo and obviously Xbox which has had no KH game ever. I think this gap is smaller with handhelds, but with consoles, not so much.

Then Nomura likes making exclusive games, and if they're choosing one, the PS3 is the console that makes the most sense.

I wouldn't count out KH3 on PS3 yet. The window of opportunity is getting smaller though.
We can think of BBSFMHD as de facto KH3 till the real deal arrives :D.

btkadams

i swear i remember nomura years ago implying that he would prefer to keep kh3 on playstation. it has been so many fucking years lol, so this is more me thinking than suggesting it is accurate. it could have honestly just been random internet people completely twisting his words though (or making it up).

i just feel like i remember that coming up when people were saying it would be wii and ps3 sales were shit.

the entire series being released on ps3 exclusively (aside from ddd) kind of points towards that as well.

I doubt No. 1 is a factor - if anything, it is probably easier to port to Xbox/WiiU compared to the PS3 architecture.
Nope, not easier. 360 is easier to build games for from the ground up, sure, but there are established toolkits and workflows for porting PS2 and PSP games to PS3 because Sony has made sure that this is the case.

That said, this is a particularly ambitious HD remake, so they're clearly not against effort.

It's more to do with the fact that PS3 is console king in Japan and that Kingdom Hearts games have traditionally been on Sony platforms.

KH1 and 2 sold more outside of Japan.

But really, no other console makes sense. FFXIII didn't sell much on 360. A KH game would do even worse. And Wii U is just not a good environment to release anything on. Much like the Vita, I think SE has decided not to risk spending resources on that platform.

overcast

I loved KH and KH2. Never played BBS because I have never had a PSP. Heard some great things about it though. This collection sounds so essential now.

Soriku

i swear i remember nomura years ago implying that he would prefer to keep kh3 on playstation. it has been so many fucking years lol, so this is more me thinking than suggesting it is accurate. it could have honestly just been random internet people completely twisting his words though (or making it up).

i just feel like i remember that coming up when people were saying it would be wii and ps3 sales were shit.

the entire series being released on ps3 exclusively (aside from ddd) kind of points towards that as well.

Nomura never said anything like that. The whole thing about "NOMURA IS A SONY FANBOY HE LOVES PLAYSTATION HE HATES XBOX HE WOULD QUIT THE COMPANY IF HE DIDNT MAKE SONY GAMES" is made up fanboy drivel.

But on consoles, right now, the KH fanbase is going to be most prevalent on PS3.

Nope, not easier. 360 is easier to build games for from the ground up, sure, but there are established toolkits and workflows for porting PS2 and PSP games to PS3 because Sony has made sure that this is the case.

That said, this is a particularly ambitious HD remake, so they're clearly not against effort.

Even if it required more effort than 360/Wii U they'd still put it on PS3. It makes no sense not to. That's where the fanbase is.

But that's what I think.

1.5 Should really have been on everything, and I can't even begin to comprehend how the bigwigs in SE came to the decision to leave it single plat. I would have jumped all over a wii u or pc version of 1.5, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

1.5 Should really have been on everything, and I can't even begin to comprehend how the bigwigs in SE came to the decision to leave it single plat. I would have jumped all over a wii u or pc version of 1.5, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Fact is you would be part of a very small group.

Well, no duh, if no games come out, of course no-one buys them. Square is seeing to it that the wii u is getting something announced at PAX (Fully aware it is probably Deus Ex), so saying they won't support the wii u is at best a silly notion. Clearly nintendo gamers are on board with kingdom hearts games, given they keep making kingdom hearts for nintendos handhelds. I'd say Kingdom hearts 1.5 could have easily broken 300k sales on Wii U, given the massive drought we're still in (for a few more weeks...) and that I could easily imagine KH being a game that appeals to nintendos core audience that have already bought a wii u.

Either way, it still doesn't excuse 360 or pc versions not existing in the west.

Well, no duh, if no games come out, of course no-one buys them. Square is seeing to it that the wii u is getting something announced at PAX (Fully aware it is probably Deus Ex), so saying they won't support the wii u is at best a silly notion. Clearly nintendo gamers are on board with kingdom hearts games, given they keep making kingdom hearts for nintendos handhelds.

Either way, it still doesn't excuse 360 or pc versions not existing in the west.

If potential sales of 360 and pc versions don't make up for the cost of creating them, then yes it does excuse them not existing.

And believe it or not, there are SE published Vita games well, in addition to FFX coming. Doesn't mean SE is really supporting the platform. For third parties, Wii U is the home console version of the Vita.

Soriku

I kind of think this group would be worthwhile, just to have the maximum number of people interested in KH3 when it's out (as long as costs for multiplat versions are low enough to make porting worthwhile). Especially if it's a next-gen game (PS4). Though it would be weird to have the Remixes come out on that many platforms and then make KH3 exclusive though. But if their plan was to just have a lot of people interested in it, even if it was exclusive, might not be so bad. I don't think they think like that though. If KH3 is a PS3 exclusive game though, keeping them exclusive makes sense.

Just choosing one console though, PS3 is the best choice.

Would there be FF13-level meltdowns if KH3 became multiplat :O?

I don't see why, as long as there is no obvious negative effects due to becoming multiplat (For example, delaying your game a good half a year 2 weeks before launch *coughraymancough*), it can only be a good thing.

Meelow

Banned
Then they made the most retarted decision ever not doing the collections for Wii U.

Yep. Like Linkstrikesback said, KH 1.5 should of been for every platform.

Sqaure wants more people to play KH so making it exclusive to one system didn't make to much sense.

But than again it's Square and some of the things they do still shock me to this day lol.

Soriku

If it were announced day-1 that it was multiplat then no. FF XIII was a surprise betrayalton, and people expect multiplats for most SE games nowadays.

Even if Versus went multiplat (doubt it) the meltdowns wouldn't be as big as FF XIII.

Uh, Coded? Isn't that just a shitty cell phone port of the original game?

No? It takes place after KH2 (still mostly insignficant though)

DQX makes more sense to be on everything to be perfectly honest. The fact that an MMO is not on PC and/or on more capable and proven online consoles is a little baffling.

Apath

If only the PS4 played PS3 games, I'd be all over this and 1.5.
I don't think so. Kingdom Hearts isn't exactly a major PlayStation franchise, and if anything betrayaltons and the plethora of exclusives going multiplat this generation have sort of made me numb to these sort of things. Like everyone always says: why get upset at the idea of more people being able to play a game? Not to mention Kingdom Hearts has never been a series that really pushes the graphics envelope.

Jeels

Don't see it happening. SE isn't going to put make their big franchises cross gen. They'll be designed to take advantage of newer hardware. Cross gen stuff is typically sports games or licensed crap.

Sleeping Dogs, Assassins Creed, Battlefield, and Call of Duty are far from sports games or licensed crap.

Japan would be smart following suit.

I think its necessary that it be on PS3 because they target younger demographics, who might not be buying 400+ consoles, and by then the PS3 would definitely be in the 150-200 range. But if they want to invest in the future and their more dedicated consumers, cross gen would be nice.

Soriku

I don't think so. Kingdom Hearts isn't exactly a major PlayStation franchise, and if anything betrayaltons and the plethora of exclusives going multiplat this generation have sort of made me numb to these sort of things. Like everyone always says: why get upset at the idea of more people being able to play a game? Not to mention Kingdom Hearts has never been a series that really pushes the graphics envelope.

You underestimate the fanboys. People freaked out about Bayonetta and it's not close to being as popular as KH...

FF XIII was also huge and it just went multiplat.

I think its necessary that it be on PS3 because they target younger demographics, who might not be buying 400+ consoles, and by then the PS3 would definitely be in the 150-200 range.

I think this is a good reason to keep KH3 on PS3 tbh.

Top Bottom