• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Kingdom Hearts 2.5 to have II, Birth by Sleep, and Coded

I wonder if they will make BBS run 1080p due to it being PSP game. Should certainly be possible due to some of the other limits the game has unless they go crazy in upgrading textures. 1080p 60fps BBSFM would certainly be enough for me to look past the bad textures and other shortcomings.

Kenak said:
Not to mention Kingdom Hearts has never been a series that really pushes the graphics envelope.
I'd like to introduce you to my friends: Kingdom Hearts 2, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep and Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance.

KH2 is one of the best looking games on PS2 only rivaled by Silent Hill 3, Final Fantasy 12, God of War 2 as far as I know, KHBBS is THE best looking game on PSP perhaps only rivaled by Ghost of Sparta and Type-0. Dream Drop Distance is best looking 3DS game I have seen to date but to be fair I have not followed 3DS library that much.

How do the BBS battle effects look in comparison to KH2 on emulators? I feel like it uses dithering instead of alpha for transparencies, yes?

KiteGr

Nice, can't wait for KH2 in HD!

It's not just "Kingdom Hearts 2" my friend... It's Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix!.

Take a look at this Japanese trailer.
Note 1: The first part of the trailer shows the 3D version of Chain of Memories, that was originally debuted as part of the same final mix package.
Note 2: I couldn't show the trailer on youtube cause some claimed copyright to the soundtracl and all the trailers are muted.

KH2 Final mix:
Redesigned areas in the game to be more complex.
Added new cut-scenes.
New weapons.
New hidden bosses.
New minigames
New difficulty levels.
New secret endings.
Complete rebalancing, exploit fixing, and bug fixing.

I can't wait to play this version! SE took all the criticism for KH2 to heart, but never gave us the fixed edition!

It's not just "Kingdom Hearts 2" my friend... It's Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix!.

Take a look at this Japanese trailer.
Note 1: The first part of the trailer shows the 3D version of Chain of Memories, that was originally debuted as part of the same final mix package.
Note 2: I couldn't show the trailer on youtube cause some claimed copyright to the soundtracl and all the trailers are muted.

KH2 Final mix:
Redesigned areas in the game to be more complex.
Added new cut-scenes.
New weapons.
New hidden bosses.
New minigames
New difficulty levels.
New secret endings.
Complete rebalancing, exploit fixing, and bug fixing.

I can't wait to play this version! SE took all the criticism for KH2 to heart, but never gave us the fixed edition!

You forgot the most important addition of all. DODGE ROLL

Soriku

Do you guys think they'll add in the capes to Terra, Aqua, and Ven's armor for BBS FM HD? They were supposed to be there but got removed due to framerate issues. Maybe they'll bring them back?

Do you guys think they'll add in the capes to Terra, Aqua, and Ven's armor for BBS FM HD? They were supposed to be there but got removed due to framerate issues. Maybe they'll bring them back?

Nah I think they are gone for good. I wonder what gameplay improvements they could add. KH2 camera, shortcut menu and single button lock-on and shotlock come to mind. Also online!

KH2 is a tough cookie tho. I really don't know what they could improve. Improving reaction commands by either punishing mashing triangle or changing it to BBS style where it uses all the face buttons in some situations?

Edit: actually they could add Limit Form for Genie.

I'm excited to see BBS HD if this is true. The PSP emulation thread made it look fantastic but the pictures I was looking for aren't there anymore. Here's a random one.
intelhd4000.jpg
I'm sure the weird shadows are just a problem with emulation.

I'm excited to see BBS HD if this is true. The PSP emulation thread made it look fantastic but the pictures I was looking for aren't there anymore. Here's a random one.
I'm sure the weird shadows are just a problem with emulation.

They are. And I think I know what pics you mean, Aqua in the Cinderella world right? Looked insane.

BBS is very unstable in general when emulated :(.

KH2 is a tough cookie tho. I really don't know what they could improve. Improving reaction commands by either punishing mashing triangle or changing it to BBS style where it uses all the face buttons in some situations?

For NA/EU, simply releasing it is the improvement. We never got FM+.

Soriku

Nah I think they are gone for good. I wonder what gameplay improvements they could add. KH2 camera, shortcut menu and single button lock-on and shotlock come to mind. Also online!

Edit: actually they could add Limit Form for Genie.

Believe. The armor looks so much better with the capes.

Online could be godly.

For NA/EU, simply releasing it is the improvement. We never got FM+.

Well of course ;). But they showed with KH 1.5 that they are ready to go the extra mile. But then again KH2 can hardly be improved without changing the fundementals so I am quite ok with them just releasing plain KH2FM HD and putting the extra attention to BBSFMHD instead. BBS is Osakas baby after all ;).

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm looking forward to exploring Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Beast's Castle in HD.

Well, we still don't know if it will be playable or just cutscenes. lol

Well HD collections need to have multiple games for them to be allowed a retail release AFAIK and I HIGHLY doubt they would remake Coded AGAIN to fit a playable HD version compared to BBS where only thing they need to do is resolution bump and some texture work. Besides I'd like to believe they know the fans don't give a fuck about Coded compared to BBS :lol.

And lest we forget Sony has tools available for easy PSP to PS3 porting <3.

All three will likely be playable in 2.5. There's not enough story in Coded to make movies for. BBS and KH 2 are main games so those will both be playable.

RPGCrazied

Well HD collections need to have multiple games for them to be allowed a retail release AFAIK and I HIGHLY doubt they would remake Coded AGAIN to fit a playable HD version compared to BBS where only thing they need to do is resolution bump and some texture work. Besides I'd like to believe they know the fans don't give a fuck about Coded compared to BBS :lol.

And lest we forget Sony has tools available for easy PSP to PS3 porting <3.

Not that it would happen, but they could HD Dream Drop Distance. I mean look at Capcom's RE: Revalations. It was on the 3DS, now its coming to PS3/360/Wii U. I don't see why SE couldn't do the same with DDD.

Not that it would happen, but they could HD Dream Drop Distance. I mean look at Capcom's RE: Revalations. It was on the 3DS, now its coming to PS3/360/Wii U. I don't see why SE couldn't do the same with DDD.

I think it's because it isn't a PSP or PS2 game, it's basically a port of current gen game. So DDD is possible as a singe port but 2.5 has to have both 2 and BBS playable.

All three will likely be playable in 2.5. There's not enough story in Coded to make movies for. BBS and KH 2 are main games so those will both be playable.

I don't think they would bother remaking Coded a second time. Then again that would be fuckin hilarious. Even if the Coded cutscenes would be a minor thing KH2FM+BBSFM already make it a friggin hefty package, even more so than 1.5.

Top Bottom