• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Konami to clarify on fallout with Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima

Nibel

S0Hes1a.png

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
You know, I've never been one to jump onto hating on a developer/publisher. I understand they are all trying to make a business work, so I never take it too hard. Ubisoft? Broken games happen, they are overly ambitious at times, whatever. EA? They are trying to get better and everyone makes mistakes.

But Konami. Fucking Konami. I hate them.

Killed my most anticipated game of all time.

Never again.

Silent Hills was your most anticipated game of all time? Seriously?

Going from such unbridled optimism to hardline cynicism that quickly cannot be good for your back.

Seems unnecessary. Why does Konami even want to save face with the hardcore crowd seeing as they're moving away from non-mobile games anyway? Their future customers won't know or care who this Kojima guy is.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I've got a feeling this thread might get pretty funny along the way. Alright Konami, let's hear this shit.

Silent Hills was your most anticipated game of all time? Seriously?

Going from such unbridled optimism to hardline cynicism that quickly cannot be good for your back.

I would agree though.

I've been playing games my whole life and Silent Hills became my most anticipated game, ever. I never wanted to play a game as badly as I wanted to see Silent Hills after P.T.

P.T. was something else.

synce

I imagine it's something like this - Konami is Ahab, F2P money is Moby Dick, and Kojima is Ishmael.

vypek

Seems unnecessary. Why does Konami even want to save face with the hardcore crowd seeing as they're moving away from non-mobile games anyway? Their future customers won't know or care who this Kojima guy is.

Maybe they are concerned about MGSV not being able to sell as well if this isn't clarified?

Cerity

The whole ordeal seemed like a teenagers first bad breakup.

Hopefully this will be them getting messy drunk and spilling the beans.

KingJ2002

Konami needs the damage control to preserve their brand. Even if their future is mobile and away from the "hardcore gamer" people still need confidence in knowing they will deliver quality product. After all... the only thing that is differentiating them from other mobile developers like King is the quality of work from titles like metal gear solid, silent hills, contra, bomberman, dance dance revolution, etc.

I hope Kojima opens up a new studio for spiritual successors to Metal Gear, Zone of the Enders, Snatcher & and even Silent Hills. Once it's announced i'm sure well all go crazy for his next work.

I actually look forward to life after e3 for both companies.

Garlador

"So we punched you in the nuts. Do you want to hear our explanation for why?"

No, no I don't. I don't care what the explanation is. I'm done with you.

Fisty

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain directed by Alan Smithee.

Alan Smithee directed the 1999 film Woman Wanted. Alan Smithee in this case was really
Kiefer Sutherland

There it is. Keifer is actually in full control of the project now, and Keifer Productions will be handling future MGS titles. Clever, Kojima. Very clever.

Top Bottom