• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor/Linkedin] Ex-Deviation Games employees set up a new studio with Sony (Led by Jason Blundel, New IP)

Pelta88

AbaD7Wd.jpeg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol what? Didnt Sony already sign them to make a new ip? I remember herman announcing a partnership 3-4 years ago, then the studio laid off everyone last year. And now those laid off guys go to Sony?

Make it make sense.,

Pelta88

lol what? Didnt Sony already sign them to make a new ip? I remember herman announcing a partnership 3-4 years ago, then the studio laid off everyone last year. And now those laid off guys go to Sony?

Make it make sense.,

The success of Helldivers 2 most likely influenced SIE’s view of Deviation’s ip.

Last edited:

Make it make sense.,
What so these guys are now Sony first-party? or just funded?

If they can do 8 player PvE big maps with different locations similar to Helldivers but with zombies amd zombie bosses and have 50 v 50 matches aswell that will put cod to shame

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
In a seriousness, a slap on the face of the folks who kept arguing in the other thread that the devs were ‘incompetent’ and couldn’t be good since their website had pictures of picnics and team building events.

Wish them the best of luck at Sony and I hope their new Studio and IP achieves great success.

nial

In a seriousness, a slap on the face of the folks who kept arguing in the other thread that the devs were ‘incompetent’ and couldn’t be good since their website had pictures of picnics and team building events.

Wish them the best of luck at Sony and I hope their new Studio and IP achieves great success.
We've known this for a while already, top management was the problem.
fYLG7Qe.jpeg

Perrott

Make it make sense.,
Maybe they liked Blundell more than they liked other parts of Deviation that perhaps may have been clashing with Blundell's vision on where to take the game. Blundell quits in late 2022, Sony starts to set up a new operation for him directly under PS Studios, and then in 2023 pulls the funding from Deviation's project and Blundell's new crew begins to poach select talent from Deviation.

Since Sony owns all the assets and work that went into Deviation's cancelled new IP, they can give that to Blundell's studio so he can reboot the project or use it as a base for a new concept.

tmlDan

Make it make sense.,
when you get to kick out the filth who ruined the cohesiveness of the studio and only hire the people who have the same vision its not at all that complicated. Also, why buy a studio when you can just hire their employees, thats much cheaper.

Top Bottom