• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Marvel vs Capcom Infinite roster leaked

bounchfx

I kind of wish we weren't getting all the same marvel heroes we've been burnt out on over the last couple years. I miss the MVC2 lineup for mahvel. I understand why it is the way it is but man they bore me

As I said in the thread, that Capcom roster is absolute dog shit, and the Marvel one seems expected but I was reminded.

No BP
No Defenders really all the asset reuse and you aren't going to put in Iron Fist?
No Inhumans? cmon don't do Black Bolt dirty like that.

But honestly I expected Kamala Kahn more than anything.

Jawmuncher

Capcom just relist Marvel Vs Capcom 1 and 2 back on PSN & XBL (Or put them on PS4 and XB1) so I can play those instead.

Is the "missing character" just Sigma or what?

Because I don't see Sigma on that list.

Sigma is only in the DLC.
The missing character is most likely Frank West.

No Gene from GodHand?

mjfls.gif

Mupod

In the past, the MH team didn't want a generic hunter representing the series. If true, I wonder what made them do a 180 here.

Incredibly huge letdown. What a weak roster, and no, promise of being able to buy characters later doesn't make me any happier about this. No idea what they were thinking. Even with 6 DLC characters this is smaller than MVC3's base roster, while reusing a lot of that game's work.

Spade

Here's hoping Capcom manages to bring back vets and bring in new chars through DLC :\

Disappointing roster for me (Jedah makes me happy but still). I keep losing chars I love playing.

J@hranimo

Banned
Seeing this again, Capcom gutted over HALF of their characters from UMVC3.

No Black Panther at release is insulting.

Capcom FGC side sucks balls these past few years smh.

A complete and utter disaster if that's true.

4 female characters.

Not a single character of color. At least MvC3 had Storm.

No Black Panther?!?

mess, flop, will wait for my chocolate king before purchase

Jedah is sort of hype though

NeonZ

It's kind of odd to see many characters dropped from UMvC3 considering how they seemed to be reusing animations, rather than building everything from zero, in the gameplay footage they had shown.

What if it's the kid from Monster Hunter Stories. =D

He's considered a Rider, not a Hunter.

Anth0ny

the thing that pisses me off the most is how this will most likely lead to bad press around launch, bad reviews, and shit sales. street fighter 5 all over again.

they couldn't afford to have a shit launch again and it looks like they've learned nothing after sfv. this game is going to look like a JOKE next to injustice 2.

FYI, Ryce is the one that leaked the existence of the game in November and has been giving leaks and hints ever since.

Yeah, I only labeled this a rumor because technically it's not officially confirmed.

Is the "missing character" just Sigma or what?

Because I don't see Sigma on that list.

No he's confirmed dlc, there is someone else in the base roster who's not sigma. Ryce speculates it's frank west but it could be anyone. Odds are it's a umvc3 rep.

Jawmuncher

the thing that pisses me off the most is how this will most likely lead to bad press around launch, bad reviews, and shit sales. street fighter 5 all over again.

they couldn't afford to have a shit launch again and it looks like they've learned nothing after sfv. this game is going to look like a JOKE next to injustice 2.

Yep this is my biggest take from this if true.
Especially with the 4 female characters and no black characters.
They're gonna be in for some bad PR.

J@hranimo

Banned
That better not be kid Nova instead of the Real one

Richie was in UMvC3, but Marvel was hardcore pushing Sam until recently. It's a 50/50 chance, really.

Y'all need to stop

The Nova that's gonna be in this is 100% from UMVC3 due to being cheap and not needing to make a whole new character. He's not even in the MCU so why expect some unique character from some special new running series of the Nova Corps or whatever?

Top Bottom