• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Marvel vs Capcom Infinite roster leaked

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
4 women out of 28 people is absolutely appalling. Even though I'm happy Gamora made it in, that fact took the wind out of my sails. Take this list back Capcom because you got work to do. Seriously.

I really can't believe how bad the Capcom side is in particular. Even the most WTF characters are super boring (Jedah, MH). I mean no Gene, Asura, Breath of Fire rep? Old school MvC2 rep? Ugh

Blackage

I wonder if they put Nemesis in it because they plan to put Nemesis in the RE2 remake somehow since he pops up during Raccoon City's destruction.

Terrible roster. Most looks like a return of MvC3 characters. Since IMO this is a super budget title they are using as many asset from UMvC 3 to cut down on cost.

.... That's it? Wow is this underwhelming. So damn dull.

Nemesis? What?

Edit- Like for real, everything about this game is a complete monkey's paw version of MVC4. Why even bother?

Edit 2 - Hahaha I only just noticed Firebrand hahahahahahaha

Jawmuncher

Can someone shop Wolverine holding the photo frame but with MVC wolverine in the photo.

lazy edit
untitled1olrh5.png

I wonder if they put Nemesis in it because they plan to put Nemesis in the RE2 remake somehow since he pops up during Raccoon City's destruction.

Probably just to have a counter big guy character to Marvels Hulk

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy shit.

4Uhp6NZ.gif
ZXTNY2m.gif
673OSVg.gif
Either they rework some of his moves or they recolor the blood.

I was thinking that Felicia was a bit too risqué for Marvel's approval, but they put Jedah in there so who knows.
Could also be due to wanting to please TV channels like ESPN who might possible air tournaments showing this game but don't want characters like Felicia or R. Mika on screen due to how much skin they show.

Granted, they revealed Morrigan via ESPN of all characters, so....*shrugs*

Azure J

On one hand, X, Dante and Strider in base roster is wild to me. Can't remember the last time all my wants were in the base roster of a fighting game. On the other, some of the omissions are whoa level. Was just talking with some folks about how a breakout like Dormammu or someone like Tron could just wholesale be gone, never mind things like Vergil/Wesker given their extreme popularity or Ammy/Viewtiful Joe for their niche support.

Edit: Also what's good with female characters?

Even ignoring the whole X-Men situation that's a really shit roster, especially on the Capcom side. None of the characters I used in MvC3 are on the list (Tron, Ammy, Phoenix Wright, Joe, X-23) and it's not as if they've just replaced them with other niche choices like Gene, Edward Falcon or Vanessa Z Schneider instead.

No Tron Bonne, no buy.

No Dragon's Dogma? Well MH will make many happy.

Why do they put Chris in instead of Leon? Don't people like Leon more? I played only RE5, and didn't really care much for Chris as a character.

The whole game just scream reused asset from MvC3 to get a game out there ASAP. But given how budget this game looks I am not surprised.

No Dragon's Dogma? Well MH will make many happy.

Why do they put Chris in instead of Leon? Don't people like Leon more? I played only RE5, and didn't really care much for Chris as a character.

Because Chris was in UMVC3 so that way they don't have to create everything from scratch.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
The roster looks boring tbh. In fact weaker than previous installment

On the Marvel side its basically Avengers + GOTG and Nova and 2 villains.

The only exciting one is Monster Hunter, which is the only brand new character in this entry other than Jedah. Its a huge dropoff from the one where we got characters like Deadpool, Phoenix Wright, Okami, Jill, Megaman, Wolverine, Storm etc

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The game also is doing the SFV thing of adding more characters post-release, we already have season 1 with 6 characters confirmed (Sigma confirmed for them and if this leak is true, then Venom too), so it's honestly the kind of roster I would've expected.

Top Bottom