• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Mass Effect may be coming to Wii U?

OMG.... OMG.... Exclusive NEW ENDING to ME3 only on WiiU... if so then it is sooo bought!

The sadistic side of me would absolutely love to see them announce this. The rage that would descend upon the Bioware team would be something unlike we have ever seen in the entirety of video gaming history. The Bioware team would be marked men/women and Casey Hudson would never see the light of day from his bunker ever again.

Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on your point of view) as moronic as Bioware are (any developer than can make an ending like ME 3's are moronic) I honestly can't see that happening. If Bioware are doing something it is more than likely they are just porting 2 and 3 to the Wii U they will chuck in a few gimmicks to make use of the touch screen (touch Liara's boobies for extra eternity bonus) and a whole new group of people will be able to experience just how shitty that ending was.

Well I couldn't care less about that.
There are people who don't have the games.
Maybe the games are already budget priced on launch day (which I don't think, but it could happen).
It's certainly not a bad thing to have really good triple A titles at launch, be they a year old or not.

Nilaul

Mass effect: Re-start

You play after the events of 3; it explains exactly what happened and why it happened at the end of Mass effect 3 and what happens next. Mass effect 3 does not get an free dlc extended ending. Mass effect: Re-Start is exclusive to Wii U due to a massive money hat.

The melt-downs that would cause.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Seriously, i expect a spinoff game. I wouldn't say no to some C-Sec game where we play a Turian(would prefer this) or Human cop on the Citadel to be honest.

Luigiv

What if it's Mass Effect 3DS? DRAMATIC TWIST

I guess there's a small chance of that happening but it's pretty unlikely given that Nintendo is going to give most if not all of it's focus during the conference to the Wii U. The 3DS is getting it's moment in the spotlight the day after in another conference.

The ever cuddly Chris Priestly just closed down a topic about this on Social Bioware (not that unusual Chris usually just closes anything he doesn't like the look of). However what is telling is he didn't "deny" the rumor :-

Chris Priestly said:
If people cannot discuss this rumor sensibly, it gets closed. Pictures of suicide "whoring" etc are not allowed here.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/12427140

So make of that what you will, I would have expected him to "quash" the rumor but he didn't.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
The only way they could make it better is to (heavy ME3 spoilers)
let us tap on the ending we want instead of having to spend 10 minutes limping over to one

Use the U-pad to
draw your own multicolored ending explosions!

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Not a rumor as it's up on the official Twitter page.

uWBTH.jpg

https://twitter.com/#!/masseffect

So, coming with no ME1 or ME2 so my guess another "choose your own adventure" comic will be made for ME2?

Top Bottom